The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 09-24-2019, 03:40 PM   #21
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
If by tripping balls, you mean PTSD hallucinations, sure. But I really doubt Jesse would go back to drugs after everything they've caused in his life.

Except he's back with Skinny Pete and Badger. Which maybe means he's regressing, with nowhere else to go in his life or physically? Yikes.
Picking up the pipe again? Eh, maybe. If he starts staying up for days, that would explain the hallucinations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So besides Jesse being on the run from the police, who exactly is he going after in this? Everyone is dead.
Saul is still around as "Gene." All of Saul's cronies. Badger and Skinny Pete. Nacho from "Better Call Saul" (mentioned on Breaking Bad) may still be alive. Walt's family. Jessie's parents.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 11:15 PM   #22
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Well "El Camino" came out today. Pretty good. I probably expected too much of it but it's perfectly great as kind of a... two part Breaking Bad episode or something. A sound end for Jesse and a sound epilogue for the show. I hope there's more of these, like, "Gus: A Breaking Bad Movie" and so on.

Disappointed that there was no
Spoiler:
Saul/Gene whatsoever. Particularly with it having been like 20 years since the last season of "Better Call Saul" and it's going to be another half year until the next.
Old 10-12-2019, 09:04 AM   #23
CyberCubed
Overlord

I just watched it too. This is why you can't do flashbacks for a live-action series that ended years ago when the real life actors obviously age. While Jesse didn't look too different (he's in his 40's now, lol, in some flashbacks he was playing his teenage self), "fat" Meth Damon looked ridiculous and took me out of it.

Overall it was pretty good and had some funny moments, (like when the police car arrived. "Look at that response time."), and some fun moments with the new, mostly moronic, villains.

One thing it also does, is well, basically paints Jesse as a "good guy" forever. I remember a lot of debate years ago if Jesse was almost as bad as the people he was working with since he, "knew what he was getting into," even if he never did anything truly horrible. But he's basically a hero in this movie, looks like the fans got what they wanted.

But goddamn the actor who plays Todd is so fat now I just couldn't take it.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 02:26 PM   #24
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

He did pack on some pounds, even since that Black Mirror episode.

Jesse's turning point to bad was when he murdered Gale, no? He just executed him in cold blood.
Old 10-14-2019, 10:12 AM   #25
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

The age of everybody involved was very distracting. Especially Meth Damon and, for me, Jesse himself.

Still really loved it though. A fitting epilogue to Breaking Bad, and I'm so glad Jesse got the ending that I think he deserved.
Old 10-14-2019, 03:34 PM   #26
joe-eyeball
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
The age of everybody involved was very distracting. Especially Meth Damon and, for me, Jesse himself.

Still really loved it though. A fitting epilogue to Breaking Bad, and I'm so glad Jesse got the ending that I think he deserved.

The age difference of the actors would have been distracting for me if the actors didn’t pick up where they left off with their respective characters but they all did. I mean they all hit their marks perfectly.
joe-eyeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 03:53 PM   #27
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I was really hoping they'd have just set it now. Like, he's been on the run for years. It's also why I was figuring hallucinated ghosts instead of creating new flashbacks to the show... a ghost can age in Jesse's mind and is more believable than seeing Aaron Paul pass as 15 years younger in a season 1 flashback.
Old 10-14-2019, 04:15 PM   #28
neatoman
Emperor

This movie takes place in 2010, doesn't it? I know the show ended 6 years ago and took 5 years to conclude but only 2 years pass in-universe. According to the Wiki, Jesse was born in 1984 while Aaron was born in 1979. What we have here is a man who started to portray a 24 year old man when he was 29, the character was 26 when he initially stopped portraying him at age 34, and then continued to play the 26 year old at age 40.

So I don't know how to really react to the actors being older. Obviously he's 14 years older than the character now but he started out older than Jesse and was nearly a decade older than him by the end. Continuity and filming schedules don't exactly match up well in general, and setting the movie 14 years after the show ended just to have ages match might not have made for a compelling story.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 05:19 PM   #29
CyberCubed
Overlord

Jesse didn't look that much older to me but then again its been a while since I saw the last season of the show. Of course he looks older than when the show started in Season 1 but that's to be expected.

Fat Meth Damon looked absolutely ridiculously bad. I mean, if they had the budget for it they could have used some de-aging (or de-fatting) CGI on him.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote