The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 10-02-2019, 06:41 AM   #421
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
I'm sure there was a Kickstarter campaign for something like thos. Not sure it was ever funded though.
The TMNT Action Figure Encyclopedia wasn’t the best example of what I was talking about. The figures should be separated by basic waves and sub-waves, not character names. There should not be so many images of the figures in package. The back of card types should be shown, foreign toy cards, and perhaps the file card information should be under every picture of each loose figure, but not every carded figure from the line. There needs to be a foreword from one of the creators (Kevin Eastman or Peter Laird) explaining the how the toy line came to be, where the ideas for the 2nd (Baxter Stockman wave) through 7th (Super Shredder wave) waves came from, and the effect Turtlemania 1990 had on the Playmates TMNT team. There should be vehicles with figures in them for good measure, Jokes, Gags and Crazy Weapons used by the 1st basic wave turtles figures, pictures of loose Retromutagen Ooze with all of the baby turtle and splinter PVCs by it, a brief mention of Foot Retromutagen Ooze, all Collector Cases shown, and a cover like “The Unofficial Guide To Vintage Transformers 1980s to 1990s” by Rik Alvarez (Creative Manager for the Hasbro Transformers Team). Furthermore, there should be neat photos of the first basic wave turtles and their allies against the first basic Shredder and the other bad guys. This book should be 30 dollars or under and sold at all booksellers and online.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 06:49 AM   #422
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane E5R View Post
Since these are made to order, does that mean they won’t sell out?
I believe Super 7 is trying to get the production number for each character by the pre-orders made, so they can start shipping them out in the summer of next year. I don’t believe the figures sell out. Then again, I haven’t heard of any MOTUC action figures selling out in the past, but I’m not entirely sure. The figures should be up for pre-order until the end of this month like it is stated on the website regardless of the Baxter and Raph figures reserved by pre-order thus far.
Old 10-02-2019, 07:04 AM   #423
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
It's made to order from the preorder, so the amount preordered is the amount S7 will make.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 07:32 AM   #424
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Dorkside has these up now, too, with free shipping for orders over $99. They also don't charge until the figures arrive at the warehouse.

I might still stick with BBTS. I've heard of Dorkside ordres arriving quite a bit later than orders from some of the bigger online stores. I'm going to be quite antsy to get these once they start shipping!
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 08:58 AM   #425
Lordmylar06
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Not exactly. Pre-Orders are only open for a month. After that the only way to get one will be the secondary market. The price will undoubtedly be even more jacked up at that point.
Lordmylar06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 11:51 AM   #426
mikey0
Foot Elite

Does anyone on here think S7 will do a Deluxe 14 or 15 inch Ultimate Krang’s Android Body after four waves (if the TMNTU line goes on for that long)?
Old 10-02-2019, 11:54 AM   #427
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
Does anyone on here think S7 will do a Deluxe 14 or 15 inch Ultimate Krang’s Android Body after four waves (if the TMNTU line goes on for that long)?
Depends on how well the planned 5 waves go with sales. But it’s very likely
Old 10-02-2019, 12:10 PM   #428
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I don't know if it will happen that soon but yeah, if this line is successful I think it would be a no-brainer. They could always do a preorder thing like they've done with a couple of the bigger MOTU playsets.

I hate to think what it would cost though... probably in the neighborhood of $200, if not more.
Old 10-02-2019, 12:11 PM   #429
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Preordered on BBTS, seems the best for me with the pile of loot option and save on shipping.

I want to tell a story now...about why I am ordering from BBTS too.

Let me tell you how WHOLESALE works with S7. They send out solicitations and break down prices on what the wholesale costs are for vendors/retailers.

The cases of these figures are cases of 8 and they are all solid packs. Which means if you want a case of each figure, you are paying 360 per case or 1440 for the first wave of figures.

Normally for wholesale, vendors and retailers get about a 25-50% discount over the MSRP. Take for example Marvel Legends. I pay $15 per figure wholesale, and they MSRP for 22.99, and we all know that Walmart sells that crap for 19.99. This leaves me with about $5 profit per figure, or around $40 per case of profit. This still doesnt account for shipping, ebay or Amazon fees, credit card fees, etc. Margins are already stupid small on Toys in general.

Anyway...S7 released their wholesale stuff with ZERO discount. That means that vendors are paying $45 per figure. Same happened with Thundercats.
The only way to get a discount, would be to order 6 cases of each figure to get the lowest price of 20% off, which is still only around $8 per figure.
In order to do that, 6 cases would cost BBTS, etc- $1728 per figure by the case now, which is $7000-ish over the 4 figures.

Add to that S7 has a very aggressive release schedule, and I just cant swing it, and neither can other mom and pop shops. I tried to go in with 2 other local toy stores to cut costs, but I just can't get there. And even if I did, I'm not sure I can sell them at $50+shipping fast enough before wave 2 arrives.....

ARGH

So, in closing, I will not be carrying these in my store, and I ordered 2 collector grade sets from BBTS....still came out to over $350 and I will want more soldiers...

Last edited by Coro; 10-02-2019 at 12:17 PM.
Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 12:14 PM   #430
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
Dorkside has these up now, too, with free shipping for orders over $99. They also don't charge until the figures arrive at the warehouse.

I might still stick with BBTS. I've heard of Dorkside ordres arriving quite a bit later than orders from some of the bigger online stores. I'm going to be quite antsy to get these once they start shipping!

I run the same style and type of store as them. They are just bigger. They are slower for sure, and the owner is notorious for telling customers "ah well sorry you got screwed over" if memory serves.

BBTS has never failed me, and was always the store I was trying to emulate.

Old 10-02-2019, 12:38 PM   #431
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Depends on how well the planned 5 waves go with sales. But it’s very likely
Quote:
I don't know if it will happen that soon but yeah, if this line is successful I think it would be a no-brainer. They could always do a preorder thing like they've done with a couple of the bigger MOTU playsets.

I hate to think what it would cost though... probably in the neighborhood of $200, if not more.
Do you think wave 2 will be announced next year at NYTF20? Do you think the 2nd wave will be made up of Donatello, April, Krang, and Bebop?
Old 10-02-2019, 01:11 PM   #432
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
I run the same style and type of store as them. They are just bigger. They are slower for sure, and the owner is notorious for telling customers "ah well sorry you got screwed over" if memory serves.

BBTS has never failed me, and was always the store I was trying to emulate.
Good to know. They have a pretty strong presence over on Fwoosh and seem to be well-liked but I've never ordered from them. I'll probably stick with BBTS just for speeds sake. Thanks for the info.

Quote:
Do you think wave 2 will be announced next year at NYTF20? Do you think the 2nd wave will be made up of Donatello, April, Krang, and Bebop?
Aren't they doing new waves every 4 months? If so, they'll need to announce wave 2 before NYTF I would think.

As for who will be included, I think Donatello is probably a pretty good guess. NECA's Casey and April will be hitting early next year I think so if Super7 really wants to go toe-to-toe with them they'll try to get one of those figures in wave 2. Then I'd think maybe Rat King or Traag, one of the sub-villains that NECA hasn't announced yet. Maybe both? I wonder if they'll stick with 2 good/2 bad figures per wave. I've never counted but it seems like there might be quite a few more good guy figures than baddies.
Old 10-02-2019, 01:28 PM   #433
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Good to know. They have a pretty strong presence over on Fwoosh and seem to be well-liked but I've never ordered from them. I'll probably stick with BBTS just for speeds sake. Thanks for the info.

Aren't they doing new waves every 4 months? If so, they'll need to announce wave 2 before NYTF I would think.

As for who will be included, I think Donatello is probably a pretty good guess. NECA's Casey and April will be hitting early next year I think so if Super7 really wants to go toe-to-toe with them they'll try to get one of those figures in wave 2. Then I'd think maybe Rat King or Traag, one of the sub-villains that NECA hasn't announced yet. Maybe both? I wonder if they'll stick with 2 good/2 bad figures per wave. I've never counted but it seems like there might be quite a few more good guy figures than baddies.
At first, I thought Rat King would be in the next lineup, but then I remembered that Rat King has never been a core side character at any point in the very late 80s or early to mid 90s when the merchandise was everywhere. I have yet to see General Traag on official TMNT Retro Collection shirts, pins, air fresheners, and etc.. It’s really difficult to guess which characters will appear in future waves at this point on the timeline for TMNTU. I would think S7 would go with the basic supporting characters first before the more obscure ones.

Last edited by mikey0; 10-02-2019 at 06:43 PM.
Old 10-02-2019, 01:54 PM   #434
Otter
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I'd like to see their take on April sooner rather than later, to be able to compare her with NECA's. I'm only going to get one.
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 02:07 PM   #435
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
I'd like to see their take on April sooner rather than later, to be able to compare her with NECA's. I'm only going to get one.
Which version of April do you think they will choose? The 1988 all yellow April, blue stripe line April, orange PRESS sign April, or orange pocket April?
Old 10-02-2019, 02:30 PM   #436
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Which version of April do you think they will choose? The 1988 all yellow April, blue stripe line April, orange PRESS sign April, or orange pocket April?
I can't imagine they'll do anything but the yellow jumpsuit April.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 03:38 PM   #437
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Crave Pizza No More View Post
I can't imagine they'll do anything but the yellow jumpsuit April.
In terms of basic wave characters, what year should S7 stop at? 1990? 1991? 1993? 1994?
Old 10-02-2019, 04:11 PM   #438
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
In terms of basic wave characters, what year should S7 stop at? 1990? 1991? 1993? 1994?

Honest question...

Are you just grinding your post count?

Old 10-02-2019, 04:16 PM   #439
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
Honest question...

Are you just grinding your post count?

No. That was a serious question. What is your answer?
Old 10-02-2019, 05:17 PM   #440
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
I'd prefer orange and blue with "press", although the boots could be white on the Ultimate April.