The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 02-13-2019, 12:39 PM   #201
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I thought Will Smith's Genie was the best thing about the trailer.

Some of the sets like with the Prince Ali song were pretty sweet too, but why does every actor besides Will Smith have to have such a blank and emotionless expression?

Ancient Greek theatre masks have more emotion and investment, then most actors in live action Disney films at this point.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 06:17 PM   #202
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Well, if what the editor-in-chief of TheDisInsider says is true, then Disney apparently listen to the backlash and will improve the Genie's look. We won't be getting a trailer for a while though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyler Shuler
Don't expect an ALADDIN trailer anytime soon, despite the fact i loved the trailer, it's apparent Disney saw the backlash, and are working hard to finish perfecting the look of the Genie.
https://twitter.com/Skylerhxc/status...56075804966914
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 06:24 PM   #203
Leo656
The Franchise

I don't see anything that looks like "garbage", I just see... well, the exact same movie as the animated one, give or take a few costume choices. To be honest, it looks exactly like what I expected. Not sure what people want.

It's like, you know what you're getting with these "remakes". You either think the entire idea is a lazy cash-grab, or you think it's all brilliant.

I don't think any of it looks "bad" at all, just looks like the same thing we already watched 25 years ago. I'm on record as not being in favor of these remakes in general, but it looks pretty standard, to me. I don't see anything worth complaining about, other than, again, Jasmine needs to show more skin. But that's just me being a perv.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 10:05 PM   #204
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Yeah, I don't get the backlash. We've known it was going to be Will Smith for ages, and there wasn't even a lot of backlash about that, only people mad that he wasn't blue in those early photos. Now they show him as blue and people are still mad.

Weird.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 12:03 AM   #205
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

There are a lot of copy/paste opinions floating around for sure. I think I've heard the term 'uncanny valley' about 100,000 times in the last couple of days. He's bright blue... how is that in the uncanny valley? It looks weird because it's a crappy effect, not because it's disturbingly real. You want to see something really disturbing, check out the fan attempts to 'fix' it that are floating around twitter.
Old 02-14-2019, 12:21 AM   #206
Leo656
The Franchise

Shouldn't it be expected to have a "surreal" appearance, though? He's a f*ckin' Genie.

I rarely side with the apologists, and I can't say I'm excited for this, but the outrage seems overblown. It looks exactly like live-action Aladdin starring Fresh Prince always looked in my head, from the moment I realized that was gonna be a thing.

((Shrug))

Old 02-19-2019, 02:17 AM   #207
Egon1982
Hench Mutant

I saw the trailer and MY GOD it looks like hot garbage.

And if anyone is appalled by how bad Disney's live action remake of Aladdin looks? Don't just boycott that film. Boycott all of Disney's live action remakes. That includes The Lion King, Dumbo and Lady and the Tramp.

Because if you contribute to The Lion King or Dumbo being hits, you are not showing Disney anything other than you want more of this horsecrap. Bad reviews won't mean a thing. Disney cares only about the bottom line and pure profit. Aladdin could completely tank and lose hundreds of millions of dollars and Disney would not bat an eye if The Lion King makes over a billion and Dumbo is profitable.

Aladdin looks like crap, the CGI that was crapped on the original film on the enterance to the cave looks just as fake as the teaser and doesn't have any of the style or flare the CGI one did, this has none and feeling not of the cast members even Will Smith as Genie. The CGI of him is atrocious and Disney is getting raked over the coals on how poor this is and looks bland/boring and none of it is making me go "Oh it looks like an event film", same for Lion King. Can't we just re-issue the original films with some updated animation because they still hold up really good to this day, both Aladdin and Lion King and two of them in my opinion are the best animated films of the 90s among others. We don't need an update, we don't need a live-action remake of Lion King which isn't even live-action, it's CGI, don't need a live-action remake of Aladdin as it's already been made, i mean maybe do a new adaptation of Aladdin and his wonderful life than do a remake of the Disney film.

I hope the people who saw the trailer and didn't like what they saw then speak with your wallet, and if your tired of Disney's lazy halfassed cashgrab remakes of their classics, don't pay to see them. So if you are sick of this lazy crap as much as I am, do not pay to see any of their live action remakes and just contribute to diminishing returns. I have yet to give them a single cent for these casghrab efforts and I will continue to do so. That is the only way they will consider stopping. Because if they keep making money, no matter how bad the word of mouth and reviews are, Disney will not give a damn and keep making them. And if any film of live-action bombs then Disney will be like "oh wow, i guess people are tired of this! i guess audiences doesn't want this!" and that's how your gonna send your message. And if they are hits and make a billion dollars, all it takes is just one of them and one be saying "Oh i wanna see Lion King" and if your like "Aladdin looks like crap but the other ones i wanna go see" then it defeats the purpose, cause if Aladdin underperforms then it doesn't mean cause Disney can absorb that hit in the face, no problem. But if Dumbo and Lion King are both big hits especially Lion King then they are gonna keep these remakes, i guarantee it, no matter how bad the reviews are for Aladdin, no matter how many people don't go to see it, no matter how big of a flop it is, it doesn't matter cause if Lion King makes a billion dollars that just shows them you still want more of that, just watch, watch this all unfold.

I mean your gonna get live-action remakes of Little Mermaid or Pocahontas, it's going to happen, i guarantee it and all but eventually the bottom will completely fall out and they are just gonna get diminishing returns, because they are no longer about the ideals that Walt Disney built his company around. They are about greed, power and manipulation of your nostalgia
Egon1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 11:01 AM   #208
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egon1982 View Post
I mean your gonna get live-action remakes of Little Mermaid or Pocahontas, it's going to happen, i guarantee it and all but eventually the bottom will completely fall out and they are just gonna get diminishing returns
Well, if it does, it'll be because they run out of old, iconic Disney movies and have to resort to things like considering making "Treasure Planet" a live action movie. There's not even that many of them.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 12:10 PM   #209
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Here is a new image. Jasmine looks very surprised about something.

https://twitter.com/TheDisInsider/st...85540496551936
Old 02-19-2019, 12:15 PM   #210
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
Here is a new image. Jasmine looks very surprised about something.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dzx5E4VUYAEm3YG.jpg

https://twitter.com/TheDisInsider/st...85540496551936
Looks like Aladdin just dropped a hugely inappropriate pickup line on poor Jasmine here.
Old 02-19-2019, 04:35 PM   #211
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Well, if it does, it'll be because they run out of old, iconic Disney movies and have to resort to things like considering making "Treasure Planet" a live action movie. There's not even that many of them.
I know that it is Disney's biggest embarrassment and it ain't going to happen even if they are woefully desperate for material to adapt to live action, but I still think The Black Cauldron would make a really nice live action adaption, and since it is a book series than could make a franchise out of it. They would just have to stick closer to the source material instead of making Taran entitled and whiny. And since it kind of sucked there is a lot they can do to improve for the better instead of taking already classic memorable animated movies that are so good adaption makes them bad.

Quote:
Looks like Aladdin just dropped a hugely inappropriate pickup line on poor Jasmine here.
I wonder if they are going for the scrapped characterization of Jasmine from the animated Aladdin were she is more haughty and stuck up until she sees how people outside the palace live in poverty and she gets a wake up call when she sees how good she has it.

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 02:43 AM   #212
Egon1982
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja View Post
I know that it is Disney's biggest embarrassment and it ain't going to happen even if they are woefully desperate for material to adapt to live action, but I still think The Black Cauldron would make a really nice live action adaption, and since it is a book series than could make a franchise out of it. They would just have to stick closer to the source material instead of making Taran entitled and whiny. And since it kind of sucked there is a lot they can do to improve for the better instead of taking already classic memorable animated movies that are so good adaption makes them bad.

I wonder if they are going for the scrapped characterization of Jasmine from the animated Aladdin were she is more haughty and stuck up until she sees how people outside the palace live in poverty and she gets a wake up call when she sees how good she has it.

Yup, not a remake of the 1985 film but new adaptation of the book series just like Lord of the Rings.
Egon1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 12:24 PM   #213
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

During an interview Disney Film Chief Alan Horn said that he is aware of the possibility that film might not be a success at the box-office.

Quote:
Disney has a formidable 2019 slate, with Avengers, Lion King, Frozen 2 and Episode IX. How do you manage expectations?

It's always a challenge because - and I say this with love and respect for media - the thing about these big movies is they get a lot of attention, whether positive or negative. So when they don't work, like Solo, the media says it's a failure. I think it was a pretty good movie. It didn't resonate as much as we'd hoped it would, but the press writes it up in a more negative way than I would. These are very high-profile movies. If Aladdin, which I happen to think is a terrific film, doesn't work somehow, that's big news and much bigger news than if a movie somewhere else, like The Kid Who Would Be King [at Fox,] doesn't work.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...sseter-1187054
Old 02-21-2019, 12:27 PM   #214
Leo656
The Franchise

I expect it to do at least as well as Beauty and the Beast. That one didn't have Fresh Prince in it. People love that guy.

Old 02-21-2019, 01:13 PM   #215
snake
Disgusting

There is no way in hell one of these live action Disney movies bomb. They’ll get by on name recognition alone.

The Will Smith backlash isn’t neccessarily backlash, I think it’s just poking fun at how bad the effect looks. It’s blue Will Smith- he looks goofy as f*ck. Naturally people are going to make fun of it. The best way to do a live action genie that resembles the animated version is straight up all CGI. Otherwise you’re just going to have a weird, blue dude.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 01:18 PM   #216
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Thumbs up

That's another thing. We knew Will Smith voiced the genie, but did he have to actually look like cgi Will Smith?

He coulda had a cooler design and just be voiced by the guy?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 03:12 PM   #217
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I expect it to do at least as well as Beauty and the Beast. That one didn't have Fresh Prince in it. People love that guy.
I just hope it'll be better then LA Beauty and the Beast, cause that movie was awful.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 08:03 PM   #218
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
I just hope it'll be better then LA Beauty and the Beast, cause that movie was awful.
I thought it was good, but that movie could never the original.
Old 02-21-2019, 09:25 PM   #219
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
I didn't think so, but I also wasn't in love with it, nor the original. It was exactly the movie I expected. Care to extrapolate? Just curious. I thought it was extremely easy, lazy work, but again, I think this whole "live action remake" experiment is pure bollocks, anyway.

Old 02-21-2019, 09:27 PM   #220
snake
Disgusting

Live-action Beast looked like ass to the highest degree.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#notmyaladdin, 3 sjw wishes, a whole new cuck, ain'tneverhadacucklikeme, cuck smith