The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 01-10-2014, 04:27 PM   #21
JonesyKitty
Mad Scientist

considering this comes out in June and my birthday is in July this is going to be the one thing I ask for haha. I agree with funatic about swapping Mikey and Don on the covers but I'm not going to let something so little wreck it for me i think this is gonna be awesome!
Old 01-10-2014, 08:00 PM   #22
darthsmozers
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Judging by how the Fred Wolf Turtle art looks on the cover, is the same guy doing this as the one who made those horrible 80's TMNT art for Playmates toys and on the Turtles Forever case?

You know the horrible stock art that looks nothing like the actual show?
Um, OT merchandise never looked like they did in the show.
darthsmozers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 03:37 AM   #23
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

This looks very interesting! might have to buy it.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 06:10 AM   #24
Rat_King
Hench Mutant

I wonder if this will be available for order through Previews?
Rat_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 08:45 AM   #25
Apteis
Random Punk

It is on this month Previews.
Apteis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 05:55 PM   #26
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

For those who wished that some of the Turtle incarnation representations were switched around, you're in luck. The cover has been updated with new art featuring the returning Mirage Raph, but now joined by OT Mikey, 2k3 Leo, and Nick Don.

Really dig the new cover. The incarnations chosen for each turtle are more fitting and the non-stock art makes it look a lot cooler.
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 06:10 PM   #27
Powder
So tired of this place

Oh wow, I didn't know Eastman did that piece for this book! He posted it on FB a few months back, I wondered what it'd be used for...

Damn shame it seems the background went to waste, though.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 06:14 PM   #28
CyberCubed
Overlord

Who is Andrew Farago? I've never even heard of this guy who wrote this book.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 06:40 PM   #29
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

Ah, I thought I'd seen that art before on Facebook! Couldn't remember where exactly, though. Awesome to see Mr. Eastman was the one who contributed it. Definitely an upgrade in terms of cover.
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:52 PM   #30
The Fifth Turtle
Mad Scientist

Much better cover! Will this be avAilable at LCB stores?
The Fifth Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:12 PM   #31
Dawnatello Turtle Chick
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Who is Andrew Farago? I've never even heard of this guy who wrote this book.
He is the curator/gallery manager for the Cartoon Art Museum of San Fransisco. He also wrote the Looney Tunes Treasury. Seems to be a cartoon/comic historian type of character. The guy was recently at the Emerald City Comicon with Dooney promoting the book & 30 years of Turtles. Not sure what else he's got his hand in though...
Old 04-01-2014, 10:17 PM   #32
discordiatookie
facehugger

This looks very promising! Lovely cover, Eastman can really knock it out of the park sometimes. My birthday's in June, so between this, the next Scott Pilgrim colour book and the new Stephen King, it's shaping up nicely!

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:28 AM   #33
Ramboraph4life aka Matt
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotix12345 View Post
For those who wished that some of the Turtle incarnation representations were switched around, you're in luck. The cover has been updated with new art featuring the returning Mirage Raph, but now joined by OT Mikey, 2k3 Leo, and Nick Don.

Really dig the new cover. The incarnations chosen for each turtle are more fitting and the non-stock art makes it look a lot cooler.
It'll sound stupid, but I seriously couldn't tell that was the Leo from the 2k3 show.
Ramboraph4life aka Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:06 AM   #34
Lampy
Stone Warrior

Oooh!!! That new cover looks beast. I was actually still mulling over waiting to buy this or instantly getting it. But that second cover alone threw my wallet to the table. IDW just seems to keep taking my money. I love the exchange though.
Lampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:56 AM   #35
The Fifth Turtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by discordiatookie View Post
This looks very promising! Lovely cover, Eastman can really knock it out of the park sometimes. My birthday's in June, so between this, the next Scott Pilgrim colour book and the new Stephen King, it's shaping up nicely!
Another June birthday!

Will this book be available at my LCBS? Anyone know?
The Fifth Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:38 AM   #36
Sewer Sirens Podcast
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboraph4life aka Matt View Post
It'll sound stupid, but I seriously couldn't tell that was the Leo from the 2k3 show.
Yeah, at first glance I would've never concluded it was supposed to be 2k3. Would've thought it was an IDW turtle or something, but because of the previous cover is the only reason I knew it was the 2003 version . . . Wish it would've been represented better, but oh well, I'm nitpicking I guess.

I definitely plan on buying this if I hear good things about it. Since it's not published by IDW, I just want to make sure it's done well before I hand over my money. But I'm pumped (if good)!

SewerSirensPodcast@hotmail.com

Check us out on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...725309366?mt=2

Follow us on Twitter: @SewerSirens https://twitter.com/sewersirens

Here's our site: http://www.podomatic.com/profile/sewersirenspodcast

Here's our blog: http://sewersirens.blogspot.com
Sewer Sirens Podcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:52 AM   #37
SwiftNinjaFox
Stone Warrior

I just got vol 5 of the Ultimate Collection and the 25th Anniversary book in hardcover, so...yeah, pre-ordered this one. It will join the Graphic Novel bookshelf in my reading room.
SwiftNinjaFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:58 AM   #38
dkram230
Stone Warrior

Thanks OP. This was an instant pre-order for me as soon as I saw your post.
dkram230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:55 PM   #39
Andrew Farago
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Glad to see so many people talking about the book already!

I'm the author of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Ultimate Visual History (formerly "Radical Mutations"), and I've spent the past two years researching every aspect of TMNT. That meant reading everything from Gobbledygook #1 all the way through the most recent comics from IDW, spending hours on the phone with everyone from Fred Wolf to Ciro Nieli, chatting with Brian Henson, Ernie Reyes Jr. and Vanilla Ice, and looooooong interviews with Eastman and Laird.

It's been a lot of fun working on the book, and we unveiled a promotional poster at Emerald City Comicon last weekend, with a red and white version of the artwork Kevin Eastman showed off earlier in this thread. Mirage alumnus Ryan Brown penciled it, Kevin inked it, and IDW's Ronda Pattison has colored at least two different versions of it.

As far as my credentials go, I wrote The Looney Tunes Treasury, I've written a handful of Marvel Comics, but most importantly, I've been the Curator of San Francisco's Cartoon Art Museum since 2001, and already had a lot of connections to TMNT creators and collectors. One of the highlights of the forthcoming book is that we'll be including a reprint of TMNT #1 shot directly from the original artwork, and that same artwork will be on display at the Cartoon Art Museum from May through September (probably for the first time since Words and Pictures had it on display in the 1990s).

I didn't live anywhere near a Direct Market comic shop growing up, so my first exposure to the Turtles was the first episode of the original animated mini-series during Christmas break, 1987. Like a lot of us, I immediately became a fan, and I know that my younger self would be thrilled to see his name on a TMNT book 27 years later.

There are a lot of fun stories in the book, made possible by all of the really courteous interview subjects (probably about 50 of them) I spoke with over the course of writing it, and those collectors I mentioned? They came through with some great original artwork, photos, memorabilia, and enough high quality stuff to fill ten 200-page books, so the pieces that made the cut are really incredible.

The book covers all aspects of TMNT history including the comics, cartoons, toys, movies, and merchandising, and I hope all of you will give it a look. Amazon's taking pre-orders now, but I'd love it if those of you with access to bookstores and comic shops will support your local businesses and encourage them to order it for you.

Thanks!
Andrew Farago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 04:33 PM   #40
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Hey, thanks for dropping by; all that content sounds intriguing.

I'm curious to hear what Fred Wolf has to say about the series. From some of the interviews I've read (such as Eastman's epic one for Comics Journal), Fred Wolf and Mirage had a really tumultuous relationship. I'll be interested to hear how he recalls the production process all these years later.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ultimate visual history