The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 02-13-2019, 02:36 PM   #1
CyberCubed
Overlord

What happened to Ciro's pitched movie to Nick to revisit 2012?

We know Rise of the TMNT is getting a movie on netflix and now a TMNT/Batman crossover is being made by DC.

But we've heard Ciro for awhile say he was sending pitches to Nick to make a movie revisiting the 2012 Turtles...and nothing came of it. Do you think Nick turned him down? A real shame if they did, I'd love to see the 2012 series revisited with some DTV movies.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 02:40 PM   #2
newfan
Mad Scientist

You and me both Cubed, I had hoped they would let him do something but I now feel that there is no chance of that with other things coming instead.

Anyway so far as Ciro's pitch, I remember reading on here that apparently made one right as the show finished and it was shot down but then later on his Instagram he said he had been working on a story (pre apocalypse) and that he would pitch it to Nick at a later date. Now I have no idea how much later he meant or if he did and was shot down again already.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 02:43 PM   #3
CyberCubed
Overlord

Hopefully he gets to make it eventually, my only guess is if something 2012 came out it would take attention away from Rise of the TMNT and Nick doesn't want that right now.
Old 02-13-2019, 02:48 PM   #4
newfan
Mad Scientist

If it was only a DVD movie, can't really get in the way of anything else, but yeah they were busy getting Rise going. I also wonder if it leading up to MA had any bearing on them shooting it down. There were a number of people interested to see the events leading to it though. Personally I would prefer something else or at least we can see how the events lead up but we don't have to see people dying LOL

As the story was being written though, means it exists if it was finished, what do you think the chances of it being allowed in comic form would be if he can't do the TV movie?

Last edited by newfan; 02-13-2019 at 03:03 PM.
Old 02-13-2019, 02:51 PM   #5
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I wouldn't rule it out. Nick probably wants to wait until enough time has passed that people are nostalgic for 2012.

I mean, they've got all the CGI assets for it. They're sitting on them.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 03:08 PM   #6
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

It has become the stuff of legends.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 03:20 PM   #7
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I mean, they've got all the CGI assets for it. They're sitting on them.
Oh god, I really hope they don't reuse the assets if they ever actually make a continuation. The early ones weren't exactly impressive in 2012 nor were the last ones in 2017, they would look really dated and awkward in 2022.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 03:52 PM   #8
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
But we've heard Ciro for awhile say he was sending pitches to Nick to make a movie revisiting the 2012 Turtles
Where can I find a link to that statement when it was new?
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 04:21 PM   #9
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Where can I find a link to that statement when it was new?
I remember info about a pitch was first posted here, I think in the Halloween arc special screening thread? but I don't remember a link.

Later Ciro posted on his Instagram, the link is on page 161 of the season 5 thread, one of mine, for some reason it works when I click on it there but when I copy and paste it here it doesn't. It's about his art book but if you scroll down he talks there, he describes the story he was working on but does say he will try to get it going 'eventually' so when he'll pitch I don't know.

Last edited by newfan; 02-17-2019 at 12:47 AM.
Old 02-17-2019, 02:47 AM   #10
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
I remember info about a pitch was first posted here, I think in the Halloween arc special screening thread? but I don't remember a link.

Later Ciro posted on his Instagram, the link is on page 161 of the season 5 thread, one of mine, for some reason it works when I click on it there but when I copy and paste it here it doesn't. It's about his art book but if you scroll down he talks there, he describes the story he was working on but does say he will try to get it going 'eventually' so when he'll pitch I don't know.
Do you mean this?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bej0khOl...y=superrobot74
Old 02-17-2019, 02:49 AM   #11
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Oh, didn't work for me, yeah that one.
Old 02-17-2019, 02:55 AM   #12
Overlord

If we never get a film, we could at least get some comic or storybook (something I think all failed film or TV series deserve).
Old 02-17-2019, 03:22 AM   #13
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
If we never get a film, we could at least get some comic or storybook (something I think all failed film or TV series deserve).
I was wondering what the chances of them allowing him to do that were, if they still want to shoot down the DVD that is.
Old 02-17-2019, 03:23 AM   #14
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Oh god, I really hope they don't reuse the assets if they ever actually make a continuation. The early ones weren't exactly impressive in 2012 nor were the last ones in 2017, they would look really dated and awkward in 2022.
Well, let's understand 3D assets. They can be repurposed/imported into new software, brought into 4K, tinkered with and re-texturized. The point is there is a base.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 03:09 PM   #15
CyberCubed
Overlord

Likewise the budget for a movie almost always looks better than the main show even if it's direct to DVD/blu-ray. Same reason Turtles Forever had much better animation than the last season of the 4kids run.
Old 05-02-2019, 05:04 AM   #16
rickwj324
Mad Scientist

I would absolutely love it if we could get a continuation of this awesome series! This show left us way too early! It's a shame money is being put into RISE when it could've continued such an epic (and far superior) show instead.
rickwj324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 05:35 PM   #17
Sobble
Banned

Nick is probably focusing on both rise and the batman/TMNT DVD/Blu-ray sales right now and also the TMNT 35 years Paley center thing

Maybe a few years by now we might get a TMNT 2012 movie or a crossover with rise (I HOPE CROSSOVER HAPPENES I WANT TO SEE HOW LEO REACTS TO RAPH BEING LEADER BUT ALSO MOVIE)
Sobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 07:06 PM   #18
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

2k12 spoiled me so much with its awesomeness. I really want it back. But I'll take a movie (or series of them) if Ciro and crew can make it happen.

We've seen how willing they are to revisit past versions of the turtles... it definitely feels like something that is possible, if Nick sees it as worthwhile. I think that's where we, the fans, can step in and try to help push things along where we can.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 11:16 PM   #19
Sobble
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
2k12 spoiled me so much with its awesomeness. I really want it back. But I'll take a movie (or series of them) if Ciro and crew can make it happen.

We've seen how willing they are to revisit past versions of the turtles... it definitely feels like something that is possible, if Nick sees it as worthwhile. I think that's where we, the fans, can step in and try to help push things along where we can.
I can see with your splinter 2k12 profile that you love TMNT 2k12 like me
Sobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 05:31 AM   #20
newfan
Mad Scientist

I did have hope of getting something more with them as we have with some other versions, but I no-longer feel it will happen, at least not for a long time if at all. With the new show coming almost immediately after it and now with it's movie and the batman movie too, no.
Maybe an appearance in Rise? Even then, this would they want to give focus on the recent show in the new show? I don't know.

Last edited by newfan; 05-18-2019 at 05:43 AM.