The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 09-16-2017, 10:43 AM   #21
CyberCubed
Overlord

Mike knocked him out and he most likely got up and left the burning building not to long after. They obviously didn't intend for him to die. That's not a plot line, you're just making a big deal out of something that was meant to end his role in the show.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 11:06 AM   #22
NikitaZhukov
Thug

It's Baxter Stockman. Why wouldn't it be a big deal? Whatever you say is not supposed to always be true just because that's how you see it. Some people, like you, think that this was supposed to be it for Baxter. Some people, like me, think that this totally wasn't enough for him. I'm not making anything up, I'm sharing an opinion. I think Baxter's fate needs to be more clear, you think it's clear enough. That's it.
NikitaZhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 11:09 AM   #23
CyberCubed
Overlord

Because it was clearly intended as his closure. He was de-mutated (in fact he was the only one of Shredder's henchmen demutated), and the Turtles knocked him out. We don't need to see Baxter say, "After I got turned back to normal I applied for a job at an electronics company and became an inventor."

I think you people who keep saying there's these "plot holes" because you want every little detail filled out about characters is bizarre. When that Season 4 episode aired I realized Baxter was done and we probably wouldn't see him in any Season 5 episodes (and sure enough, we didn't), and never expected to.
Old 09-16-2017, 11:13 AM   #24
NikitaZhukov
Thug

You sir, out of all people, shouldn't be insulting others by calling them bizarre, because you're more bizarre than anyone on this forums. That's how I and other people see things. If you saw it other way, that doesn't mean others are stupid or weird just because they have a different point of view.
NikitaZhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 11:26 AM   #25
CyberCubed
Overlord

When I say "bizarre" I just mean odd, nothing more. The show doesn't have to fill in every little detail of what every character does.

I thought Baxter got perfect closure, as did most of Shredder's henchmen. Fishface was probably the one left the most open ended.
Old 09-16-2017, 11:31 AM   #26
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Lone wolf and cubs also could have been more of a stand alone episode. Have the Turtles, April, Casey, and Karai enter Splinters room and finally deciding to clean it out. They come across a journal that Splinter wrote about them growing up and that gives them some better understanding of the man who had been Splinter.
Old 09-16-2017, 04:39 PM   #27
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I agree with a lot of what has been said and I agree that Raph could have been used more or storylines could have been used more for him. Leo had some good stuff, but I do feel they could have expanded more on his healing because they barely covered it. I think showing him having nightmares about getting attacked would have been a good touch and I think that his dream in In Dreams should have involved Shredder too as it would have made things more dramatic.

I also would have loved to see something with Kirby and more about him as there seemed to be something off about him. Sadly, we won't know if that was really Kirby or if that was a clone of him or something. Wasted potential if you ask me as well as the whole thing with April's mom and April's origins.

I thought the Karai stuff was beautifully done myself, but did feel there could have been a bit more there.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 05:10 AM   #28
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
What I liked about the Farmhouse arc in the 2k3 verse is they had the episode "Tales of Leo" where each of the Turtles and Splinter use memories to bring Leo back from the dead.
Leonardo wasn't dead in "Tales of Leo", just unconscious and injuried.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 06:48 AM   #29
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Yeah, he does move around and moans a bit in the episode, a sign that he's alive.

Old 09-17-2017, 10:10 AM   #30
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Yeah, he does move around and moans a bit in the episode, a sign that he's alive.
He still more or less was at deaths door, but still fighting to hang on. And then when he wakes up, Mikey states "We thought you were gone."

And Leo says "I was gone...you guys brought me back."
Old 09-17-2017, 05:17 PM   #31
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

No, Raph said that line, not Mikey.

He probably was gone in some limbo, but he definitely wasn't dead because he was still breathing and reacted when the guys talked to him. That's the way I look at it.

As for the Healing Hands, I thought the concept was beautifully done, though I agree that it should have been done earlier in the series.

Old 09-19-2017, 03:10 PM   #32
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Another thing is that I kinda wish they explored the whole "Kraang have been mutating humans since the dawn of time" or maybe in hindsight they should've cut out that plot point.
Old 09-19-2017, 03:24 PM   #33
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Yes, I agree that could have been expanded on a bit as I liked that concept.

Old 09-19-2017, 04:05 PM   #34
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Maybe the finale will deal with that since the future only consists of mutants.

My final wish for the show is to have the Kraang as the big bads of the finale, nothing else.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 04:05 PM   #35
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
Another thing is that I kinda wish they explored the whole "Kraang have been mutating humans since the dawn of time" or maybe in hindsight they should've cut out that plot point.
It's been largely hinted that's where creatures like the Loch Ness monster, Bigfoot, and the Yeti are from. The first two which appeared in episodes.
Old 09-19-2017, 04:23 PM   #36
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It's been largely hinted that's where creatures like the Loch Ness monster, Bigfoot, and the Yeti are from. The first two which appeared in episodes.
And thats it, we have an entire advance species that have been mutating humans and possibly other species since the dawn of humanity and all we get is Big Foot, Nessie and Skips from Regular Show. I mean why didn't the Kraang rule the Earth when humans didn't have any weapons that could do any harm to them. But for some reason it seems like they are more active when we created firearms and the Internet.
Old 09-21-2017, 03:26 PM   #37
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Another plot that could have been expanded on was when Joan Grody discovered the Turtles. I mean with Muckman, she was forced to take the Hero angle because there were already people calling him a hero. And until she had something saying otherwise that is what she had to report. With the Turtles when she catches them, her reaction suggested that she had at least heard of sightings of man-sized turtles in the city. And now that she had some footage on them she could report on them. And since she didn't have a public opinion forcing her in one direction, she was free to say whatever crap about the Turtles that she felt would garner ratings.

But then Muckman covers for them and says no the Turtles are just a bunch of kids playing dress up like the pulverizer. But yet that whole cover-up was treated like a band-aid that may have protected the exposure of the Turtles maybe up until the season finale. But then have the Grody catch sight of the Turtles and realize that Muckman lied about the Turtles just being regular human kids. And that would be the info needed to sway public opinion because "If Muckman is able to lie about the Turtles, what else has he lied about?"

Then have the next season begin with the Turtles exposed to the city and Mutants seen as Menis #1. That would also be more logical with Vizioso's desire to eliminate mutants rather than having him wanting to take over the Shredder's turf and eliminating mutants because they stand in his way.

It would also be a good way for April to reintroduce the blog from season one, and have her being a voice for mutant kind.
Old 09-22-2017, 06:19 AM   #38
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I agree about the Grody arc and I thought that was what was going to happen when they mentioned an arc about mutant hatred. Sucks that we never got that.

Old 09-22-2017, 06:42 AM   #39
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
arc about mutant hatred. Sucks that we never got that.
The series never really got into that topic, I mean the only thing we had was the Mob hating mutants which wasn't that much.
Old 09-22-2017, 02:32 PM   #40
Weapons@theready
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
you're just making a big deal out of something

I love irony
Weapons@theready is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cybercucked