The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 03-31-2019, 02:46 PM   #401
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

...I guess it would? Guess it would be most appropriate to go Hitchhiker's Guide and call it a "Five Part Trilogy" (B&R make that mistake anyway, so might as well)

It would be fun to watch them wreak havoc in Dimension X. Fighting everything no matter if it's Neutrino or Malignoid.

Or:

Island Adventure, wherein they end up on Burnow Island. And Ch'rell and Zom have to join forces to deal with their nonsense and constant removal of their own gas masks.
Old 04-01-2019, 08:53 AM   #402
ChosenOne
Banned

I'm partial to Mutants of Mayhem myself, but Conquer the Universe sounds amazing too! And more in line with the titles of the previous minis. I'd love to see them go on a space adventure, wreak havoc on Stump Asteroid, or maybe even keep the time travel theme going and bring in Armaggon.

Or hell, why not all of the above?

That said, I don't think we should get our hopes up too much for the third one to come out this year. Not only have they been released every other year, but Shredder in Hell's delays mean there probably won't be another mini until after City at War. So 2020 is the best bet.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 09:37 AM   #403
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

I think Ben was just messing around, everyone. Sorry to report there's not another Bebop and Rocksteady mini planned. If Dustin and Ben ever wanted to do another we'd be open to discussing it, but I haven't heard anything to that effect.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 09:45 AM   #404
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
I think Ben was just messing around, everyone. Sorry to report there's not another Bebop and Rocksteady mini planned. If Dustin and Ben ever wanted to do another we'd be open to discussing it, but I haven't heard anything to that effect.
An early April Fool's joke? Well, maybe its a seed for a discussion next time you see Ben?
Old 04-01-2019, 09:46 AM   #405
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
(looks back and forth between Bobby's post and the date on the calendar) Hmm...
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 12:43 PM   #406
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Well played, Ben...well played.
Old 04-01-2019, 01:23 PM   #407
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlZarkovski View Post
From Ban Bates' twitter:

@DustinWeaver12 and I are figuring out what new character to introduce in our next B&R miniseries and we figure lets get a public vote. Weve got a guy who is either Butt Brain, his brains are made of butts, or Brain Butt, his butt is made of brains. Most votes win!

Maybe it's just a joke, but maybe not.
https://twitter.com/benbatesart/stat...73311696183297

Yeah, people get an early start on April Fools Day, although I never know what time zone people are in either.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 07:00 PM   #408
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

So, yeah, I am bumping the topic, but it's more for this topic than the "random thoughts area".

And I couldn't help but notice some things about Kleve.

And it's feeling like this:

He never really spoke highly of Krang, but seemed to favor Ch'rell a whole lot more. Maybe not quite the same "zealous loyalty" that Ch'rell had for Krang. But in Krang's absence during the imprisonment, he obviously wanted Ch'rell in charge instead of Ma'riell.

And of course the Leatherhead Incident happened. And yeah, most people would freeze when getting charged at by a giant angry mutant, but Kleve's the same guy that would jump at a Triceraton with the very same knife he was stabbed with and wrestle him through a wall by the horns. Kleve ain't scared of no giant angry mutants rushing him.

But wait! There's more! HE'S the one that insisted on not chasing Leatherhead through the portal. HE'S the one that suggested keeping Krang's death a secret from Ma'riell at the time (even though she finds out anyway - probably because they arrived empty handed and she would eventually have a chat with King Zenter about that).

So I have a theory that he held back and let it happen.

Quanin was nuts.
Kleve realized that the apple not only didn't fall far from the tree, but also grew harder. Ch'rell would be a safer bet as a leader overall. Sure, he'd be p!ssed for a good, long while, but it he wouldn't be as mentally unstable as Krang would be. Plus, bringing Krang home would mean him conniving to get his place back as leader, more bonkers than ever, and probably end up risking their survival like Quanin, yet again. Ch'rell didn't have years of isolation and no one around that he respected enough who "allowed" to stop him from having bad ideas.

And I wouldn't put it behind him to do that with Krang, because he did the same to Ma'riell! He attempted to stage an assassination with Ma'riell as well. Take out what he's not loyal to, and put what he is loyal to in charge.

He valued Ch'rell as a leader over Krang and Ma'riell, because he hoped he'd have both the mental stability and the guts to do what neither of the others could. He hoped Ch'rell could reignite war with the Triceratons without risking what's left, and to do that, he had to remove both of all Ch'rell had left that he cared about.

But much like his attempt to assassinate Ma'riell, allowing Krang to be killed is probably going to come around to bite him.
Old 07-22-2019, 10:01 PM   #409
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
https://twitter.com/benbatesart/stat...73311696183297

Yeah, people get an early start on April Fools Day, although I never know what time zone people are in either.
I'm glad it's just a joke because if anything, we need a revival of Brainless Buttface.
Old 07-23-2019, 05:12 AM   #410
Igglet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
So, yeah, I am bumping the topic, but it's more for this topic than the "random thoughts area".

And I couldn't help but notice some things about Kleve.

And it's feeling like this:
https://i.imgur.com/UaLpJOK.png

He never really spoke highly of Krang, but seemed to favor Ch'rell a whole lot more. Maybe not quite the same "zealous loyalty" that Ch'rell had for Krang. But in Krang's absence during the imprisonment, he obviously wanted Ch'rell in charge instead of Ma'riell.

And of course the Leatherhead Incident happened. And yeah, most people would freeze when getting charged at by a giant angry mutant, but Kleve's the same guy that would jump at a Triceraton with the very same knife he was stabbed with and wrestle him through a wall by the horns. Kleve ain't scared of no giant angry mutants rushing him.

But wait! There's more! HE'S the one that insisted on not chasing Leatherhead through the portal. HE'S the one that suggested keeping Krang's death a secret from Ma'riell at the time (even though she finds out anyway - probably because they arrived empty handed and she would eventually have a chat with King Zenter about that).

So I have a theory that he held back and let it happen.

Quanin was nuts.
Kleve realized that the apple not only didn't fall far from the tree, but also grew harder. Ch'rell would be a safer bet as a leader overall. Sure, he'd be p!ssed for a good, long while, but it he wouldn't be as mentally unstable as Krang would be. Plus, bringing Krang home would mean him conniving to get his place back as leader, more bonkers than ever, and probably end up risking their survival like Quanin, yet again. Ch'rell didn't have years of isolation and no one around that he respected enough who "allowed" to stop him from having bad ideas.

And I wouldn't put it behind him to do that with Krang, because he did the same to Ma'riell! He attempted to stage an assassination with Ma'riell as well. Take out what he's not loyal to, and put what he is loyal to in charge.

He valued Ch'rell as a leader over Krang and Ma'riell, because he hoped he'd have both the mental stability and the guts to do what neither of the others could. He hoped Ch'rell could reignite war with the Triceratons without risking what's left, and to do that, he had to remove both of all Ch'rell had left that he cared about.

But much like his attempt to assassinate Ma'riell, allowing Krang to be killed is probably going to come around to bite him.
This theory seems really plausible. I mean, Kleeve didn't even make much of a fuss when he found out Krang was dead if I recall correctly. It definitely seemed like he had something planned. I wonder if there's a part of his 'master plan' we're still missing.
Old 07-23-2019, 04:22 PM   #411
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I mean, he was there when it happened. In fact, he was to the immediate left of it! His reaction was very subdued for being next to that. I don't care how much combat he's been in, that's not exactly something you walk away from calmly. "Yep, he absolutely would have preferred ironic death over returning to the people he's been isolated from for hundreds of years even as a prisoner. 100%" It even looks like he's starting to move out of Leatherhead's path of the portal.

Montuoro, however, seems none the wiser. Kleve is his superior officer (somehow...how does Utrom military ranking work?), so he just went with him when he called the shot to not chase after Leatheread.

Another detail I realized just now is that he didn't even give Ch'rell a chance to take a breath and calm down while he was "demanding" to see Krang. "Ah no, sorry, he dead." I get the feeling that he would have had a lot of different reactions to "all the everything" if Ma'riell had gotten to him instead of Kleve.

I'm just saying, I think Kleve is going to end up being so much more dangerous than we ever thought.
Old 07-23-2019, 04:36 PM   #412
Igglet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
I mean, he was there when it happened. In fact, he was to the immediate left of it! His reaction was very subdued for being next to that. I don't care how much combat he's been in, that's not exactly something you walk away from calmly. "Yep, he absolutely would have preferred ironic death over returning to the people he's been isolated from for hundreds of years even as a prisoner. 100%" It even looks like he's starting to move out of Leatherhead's path of the portal.

Montuoro, however, seems none the wiser. Kleve is his superior officer (somehow...how does Utrom military ranking work?), so he just went with him when he called the shot to not chase after Leatheread.

Another detail I realized just now is that he didn't even give Ch'rell a chance to take a breath and calm down while he was "demanding" to see Krang. "Ah no, sorry, he dead." I get the feeling that he would have had a lot of different reactions to "all the everything" if Ma'riell had gotten to him instead of Kleve.

I'm just saying, I think Kleve is going to end up being so much more dangerous than we ever thought.
I actually really hope Kleeve ends up being the mastermind and the main bad guy Ch'rell. Could that be the case why, in every flash forward, we didn't see who the main bad guy Utrom is despite the fact that we know it's Ch'rell, they didn't want to spoil that it actually isn't him, it's Kleeve.
Old 07-23-2019, 04:57 PM   #413
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

We haven't really seen anything that would suggest Kleve would want power for himself, unless he's preferring the power of "Jafar-ing" around Ch'rell. But I wouldn't be surprised if it was his plan the whole time.

Krang had the genetic misfortune to lose foresight and logic in what was an appropriate extreme to take in saving his species. Hiding out on a tiny island on a backwater planet in another dimension? Good move. Destroying other planets left and right, drawing attention to himself? Bad move.

Ch'rell would be blindsided by not having his 'beloved leader' (and sister if Kleve had his way) and would be focuses on revenge.

Besides whatever Kleve may have lost ("I know the Triceraton battle tactics. You're used to fighting women and children!" hm...), I wouldn't be surprised if he would make a more competent leader than either of them. He's totally not distracted by his own grief and loss. Not even a little. What grief?
Old 07-23-2019, 05:20 PM   #414
Igglet

Oh, I definitely don't think it's the most likely possibility, but I could see it happening. It could very well involve him trying to stir up **** between everyone who's higher ranked than him so he's the last one left? Just guessing here.
Old 07-23-2019, 06:33 PM   #415
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

What is this about the creative team taking a break with #101? Cybercubed's question needs a clarification and a link to the SDCC panel on YouTube would be great too!
Old 07-23-2019, 06:41 PM   #416
CyberCubed
Overlord

Roseangelo posted it on her facebook
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 07:07 PM   #417
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

So Tom takes an arc off?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20190723-210247_Samsung Internet.jpg (96.7 KB, 11 views)
Old 07-23-2019, 07:52 PM   #418
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
So Tom takes an arc off?
Not sure how I feel about that. I like Sophie, and I like what's she's written previously, but I can't help but feel apprehensive...
Old 07-23-2019, 07:56 PM   #419
CyberCubed
Overlord

From what I gather its just a hiatus, I mean whatever Tom had planned for Ch'rell and Null all these years, he obviously hasn't written it yet.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 08:19 PM   #420
Mutant Ninja Anole
Stone Warrior

I mean, after this arc I assume we’re going to get a little breather, mostly dealing with the aftermath of the War.

Tags
idw's tmnt