The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 11-29-2017, 11:33 AM   #81
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmaga123 View Post
Trevor has been working on the sculpt and Shredder is looking incredible! We will be getting the cape as well in fact Trevor asked me my thoughts on what the material used in the movie is. Any thoughts?
Do we get to see how incredible it looks?

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 12:53 PM   #82
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Trevor has been working on the sculpt and Shredder is looking incredible! We will be getting the cape as well in fact Trevor asked me my thoughts on what the material used in the movie is. Any thoughts?
I'm pretty sure I have some reference... will have to dig around. It's essentially a 90s fever dream zebra pattern of black and metallic/shiny silver.
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 10:36 PM   #83
Bmaga123
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
Do we get to see how incredible it looks?
I wish I could share the pictures but I was told I cannot share them yet I'm sorry. When he gives me the ok I will share them immediately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
I'm pretty sure I have some reference... will have to dig around. It's essentially a 90s fever dream zebra pattern of black and metallic/shiny silver.
Awesome thanks this seems to be the toughest part of his outfit to figure out for 1/4 scale. Shredder is actually being sculpted in 1/6 scale then will be scaled up to 1/4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
Always thought it was garbage bag plastic on top of a wire frame to further the gritty, lacking in resources image the Foot Clan has in the movies.
I can totally see that as well!

Last edited by Jester; 01-02-2018 at 08:53 AM.
Bmaga123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 06:41 AM   #84
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Quote:
Awesome thanks this seems to be the toughest part of his outfit to figure out for 1/4 scale. Shredder is actually being sculpted in 1/6 scale then will be scaled up to 1/4.
That's interesting. They're going to scale it up using a 3D printer or something?

Coro has more Trenchcoat Raphael and Casey Jones prop replica masks stocked, so while these were supposedly delayed, maybe they are trying to drop them by Christmas. Word on the street is that NECA has received their boxed Trenchcoat Raphael sample and he will ship anytime.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM

Last edited by ***First of Two Latin Kings***; 11-30-2017 at 06:46 AM.
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 10:25 AM   #85
Leotheleader
Random Punk

arent they doing the "baby turtles" 4 pack as well, lots in interesting stuff from Neca coming out.
Leotheleader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 11:44 AM   #86
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leotheleader View Post
arent they doing the "baby turtles" 4 pack as well, lots in interesting stuff from Neca coming out.
Yep ... I'm not sure when that is going to drop as that was expected in an "accessory" pack that included Mikey's nunchuck hand.
Old 12-01-2017, 04:52 PM   #87
Leotheleader
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
Yep ... I'm not sure when that is going to drop as that was expected in an "accessory" pack that included Mikey's nunchuck hand.
right on can't wait for that.
Leotheleader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 10:28 AM   #88
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Always thought it was garbage bag plastic on top of a wire frame to further the gritty, lacking in resources image the Foot Clan has in the movies.
As a kid, I always just assumed it was some kind of hybrid trashbag-cape. As ridiculous as it sounds, I thought it was sort of cool. It just fit the aesthetic I suppose.

The Shredder was taking the children from home's in which they were considered trash and treasuring them as part of his Foot Clan. There.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 02:05 PM   #89
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Anyone know of any more updates for these guys? I know Trevor has been working on the sculpts, but I'm way too excited and hoping for some news soon!

Like most have said already, I'm assuming Toy Fair at this point.
Old 01-02-2018, 07:05 AM   #90
Will not be censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
It is slated for March. You can pre-order it from Coro, or from me on my eBay page.

Disappointing that we haven't seen any prototype pictures yet.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:

Old 01-02-2018, 07:36 AM   #91
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
It is slated for March. You can pre-order it from Coro, or from me on my eBay page.

Disappointing that we haven't seen any prototype pictures yet.
Just an FYI my site, SpaceMonkeyToys.com, is moving to a free shipping model in the US for 2018 and beyond. You can see the details on my home page. Take advantage of this for the 1/4 scale stuff you might need or any other awesome TMNT stuff. The accessory packs are now available there.

Old 01-02-2018, 07:49 AM   #92
Will not be censored

Will you be offering more Casey Jones masks?
Quote:

Old 01-02-2018, 12:47 PM   #93
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Will you be offering more Casey Jones masks?
The order cut off from NECA is long past. If they re-supply I can order more if there is a demand. I basically carry this stuff for myself and my dromers-it doesnt really fit my marvel legends stuff which is my primary business.

Old 01-02-2018, 01:20 PM   #94
Will not be censored

As a seller this stuff is hit or miss. I sold a ton of Casey masks but only one Ooze canister. I hope you'll order a lot of Shredders and Foot Soldiers when they become available for pre-order.
Quote:

Old 01-03-2018, 08:52 AM   #95
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
As a seller this stuff is hit or miss. I sold a ton of Casey masks but only one Ooze canister. I hope you'll order a lot of Shredders and Foot Soldiers when they become available for pre-order.
I plan to do 10-20 of shredder depending on how it turns out, but wont go over 10 on the foot.

Old 01-03-2018, 11:32 AM   #96
mikemgmve
Foot Soldier

Curious if anyone has any defective issues with their Henson Turtles?

I pre-ordered and received all 4 directly from Entertainment Earth over he last year and a half. They've been great - even replacing my Leonardo who had a paint rub from the factory.

I recently noticed my Raphael has developed moisture on the inside of the package. All 4 were left at my doorstep - completely in the shade, all 4 have been stored in the same place in my apartment - not in any direct, or really any indirect sunlight - and he's the only one that's developed this.

I have an email out to EE customer service to see if they would offer a replacement when the next batch is released in February - but am prepared for them not to offer that as well. No harm in asking. If not, I might reach out directly to NECA.

My assumption is somewhere in the manufacturing/distribution/shipping process - he was left in a very hot place for a long time and some degradation to the plastic/paint occured? Just curious if it happened to others, etc.
Old 01-03-2018, 11:43 AM   #97
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

A little over a month away from Toy Fair where I'm sure we'll see some new updates on the Shredder and the Foot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemgmve View Post
Curious if anyone has any defective issues with their Henson Turtles?

I pre-ordered and received all 4 directly from Entertainment Earth over he last year and a half. They've been great - even replacing my Leonardo who had a paint rub from the factory.

I recently noticed my Raphael has developed moisture on the inside of the package. All 4 were left at my doorstep - completely in the shade, all 4 have been stored in the same place in my apartment - not in any direct, or really any indirect sunlight - and he's the only one that's developed this.

I have an email out to EE customer service to see if they would offer a replacement when the next batch is released in February - but am prepared for them not to offer that as well. No harm in asking. If not, I might reach out directly to NECA.

My assumption is somewhere in the manufacturing/distribution/shipping process - he was left in a very hot place for a long time and some degradation to the plastic/paint occured? Just curious if it happened to others, etc.
Not so much with these figures as I've opened all of them ... but something similar happened to one of my Dark Knight collection Movie Masters figures when I left them in the box. The Joker started getting some weird moisture throughout his right leg and arm and it's still pretty bad actually. I'm not the expert, but that situation can just happen sometimes from what I understand.
Old 01-03-2018, 10:21 PM   #98
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Could you guys shove some tiny silica gel packets without breaking the tape or messing up the boxes? Might help with the moisture.
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 08:55 AM   #99
Will not be censored

I am surprised we haven't gotten any WIP pics yet in all honesty.
Quote:

Old 01-14-2018, 07:43 PM   #100
xZAOx
Stone Warrior

ToyFair next month. I'd expect to see reveals then. Or at least some updates.
xZAOx is offline   Reply With Quote