The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 04-01-2020, 08:42 PM   #1
CyberCubed
Overlord

April's lack of a lovelife in the original cartoon

So as we know April is nearly always romantically paired with Casey in nearly all incarnations. However in the OT Casey was a wacko and he and April never got romantically involved. Besides that April never got with anyone else on-screen either, and never mentioned wanting to date anyone.

In the Konami Arcade games based on the OT, they said April was 27:

Do you think OT April ever had a boyfriend? Or was, "married to her job?"

At age 27 she was nearing 30, so I'd find it surprising if she never had a romantic partner at all by then.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 09:04 PM   #2
oldmanwinters
Overlord

When it came to Bugman, she "had a thing for that thing" and said she'd "leave the light on" for him.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 10:38 PM   #3
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I think it was painfully obvious that she was married to her career.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 12:23 AM   #4
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

She was an independent career woman who didn't need no man!!

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 12:28 AM   #5
TommyT
Banned

We’re overlooking the obvious. She spent a lot of time with Irma.
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 12:55 AM   #6
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
We’re overlooking the obvious. She spent a lot of time with Irma.
Uh, but Irma was clearly thirsty for the D tho.
FredWolfLeonardo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 01:54 AM   #7
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So as we know April is nearly always romantically paired with Casey in nearly all incarnations. However in the OT Casey was a wacko and he and April never got romantically involved. Besides that April never got with anyone else on-screen either, and never mentioned wanting to date anyone.

In the Konami Arcade games based on the OT, they said April was 27:

https://live.staticflickr.com/3182/2...8e8699f2_b.jpg

Do you think OT April ever had a boyfriend? Or was, "married to her job?"

At age 27 she was nearing 30, so I'd find it surprising if she never had a romantic partner at all by then.
How about that rich guy with the boat for romance(Not the villain that shrinking stuff) and that mutant that change his looks? They may of been one episode stands. But still.
turtle1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 03:18 AM   #8
TommyT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Uh, but Irma was clearly thirsty for the D tho.
Irma was, but couldn’t get it. April used the Turtles, like the Tiger King, to get what she wanted.
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 03:21 AM   #9
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
Irma was, but couldn’t get it. April used the Turtles, like the Tiger King, to get what she wanted.
Irma made no sense. When she first found out April was friends with the turtles, she could not wait to nab one for a date, but later she got gross out thinking about going out with the turtles.
turtle1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 03:53 AM   #10
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle1237 View Post
Irma made no sense. When she first found out April was friends with the turtles, she could not wait to nab one for a date, but later she got gross out thinking about going out with the turtles.
Maybe she saw something she didn't care for....
Old 04-02-2020, 05:42 AM   #11
Icebot
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle1237 View Post
How about that rich guy with the boat for romance(Not the villain that shrinking stuff) and that mutant that change his looks? They may of been one episode stands. But still.
Is that the premier from Raphael Drives Em Wild?

In The Great Boldini, April kissed the seargeant but I guess that doesn’t count as love? I think it was for relief.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 05:58 AM   #12
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

What about REX-1?

Obviously it was one sided with him but he was attracted to her, until the female robot came along in his final episode.

And while we're on the thread, I call bull in the OP's picture which states that April was only 115 lbs, I don't buy it.
FredWolfLeonardo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 06:58 AM   #13
Lord Nightwalker
Stone Warrior

I'm guessing, they didn't think kids would care, so it was never touched upon.
Lord Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 07:58 AM   #14
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

It was mentioned that she dated a scientist that worked for Dark Water in State of Shock.

She also went out with Seymour Gutz at the end of Enter:Mutagen Man after he changed his appearance.

She also had Casey Jones's number so there could have been an underling relationship between them.

As mentioned above, she was a career woman, but she did date just never had a serious dating relationship because her career came first. None of the human leads have that much of a romantic history, none of the four focused members of the Channel Six News team or Saki or Yoshi. Romance was perhaps the one element that was rarely applied in TMNT 1987 and TMNT as a whole. TMNT has the ability to tap into many genres, but aside from pairing their human friend with the most common human they fight alongside (Casey Jones) there is not much in romance for April or TMNT as a whole.

As far as April's stats,considering the Turtles are supposedly around 5ft tall and she is not even an inch over 5 feet, I find it off. I would have though April to be around 5'6.
Old 04-02-2020, 09:16 AM   #15
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
As mentioned above, she was a career woman, but she did date just never had a serious dating relationship because her career came first. None of the human leads have that much of a romantic history, none of the four focused members of the Channel Six News team or Saki or Yoshi. Romance was perhaps the one element that was rarely applied in TMNT 1987 and TMNT as a whole. TMNT has the ability to tap into many genres, but aside from pairing their human friend with the most common human they fight alongside (Casey Jones) there is not much in romance for April or TMNT as a whole.
Pretty spot on, she carried more about her career than a love life. In fact her career was her love life. She sure didn't have a thing for Vernon.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 09:21 AM   #16
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Its interesting because she had a love life in the comics. She's normally paired with Casey Jones. But in the Archie Comics. She was paired with Chu Hsi who can turn into Hothead the Warrior Dragon.
Old 04-02-2020, 01:36 PM   #17
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Interestingly enough as a kid, April being single made her that much more desirable. Like I don't think it woulda been the same if she was fawning over a guy consistently on the show as an official love interest.

I'm case you're wondering about say, 2K3 April, I was too old to care if she had Casey or not.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 04-02-2020, 02:19 PM   #18
Leo656
The Franchise

Looking like that, she'd be fighting off potential suitors left and right, especially as a TV reporter which would make her something of a local celebrity. Every guy she knew would be trying to see what was going on under that jumpsuit.

This is one'a those, "It's a kids show so we don't need to go there" kinda things, for sure. No chick with a body like that stays single unless they got the Herp, or worse.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 02:26 PM   #19
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Looking like that, she'd be fighting off potential suitors left and right, especially as a TV reporter which would make her something of a local celebrity. Every guy she knew would be trying to see what was going on under that jumpsuit.

This is one'a those, "It's a kids show so we don't need to go there" kinda things, for sure. No chick with a body like that stays single unless they got the Herp, or worse.
Pretty sure the Herp wouldn't be enough to keep some away.
Old 04-02-2020, 02:37 PM   #20
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post

Exactly, being that it was a kids show noone ever really checked her out or anything. You know the henchmen types woulda wanted more than just 'rough her up'.

Tags
april o'neil