The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 08-02-2017, 06:00 PM   #2081
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Will Stockman, Tragg and Granitor appear or at the very least be mentioned in Trial of Krang? It would make sense for the prosecution to retrieve them as witnesses, seeing as how they were Krang's accomplices in not only building the Technodrome but also various atrocities in Dimension X itself.
Short answer is no. Your reasoning is sound, but just not enough room.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 06:02 PM   #2082
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Regarding Leatherhead and the Neutrinos coming to pick him up on Earth, was there a potential Universe issue about that planned before the start of the current arc that was scraped or considered? The flashback of Leatherhead attacking the Neutrinos made me think of some Universe issue we never saw.

I have to say that would have made a good single issue of Universe to see how it played out.
No, not considered.
Old 08-02-2017, 06:04 PM   #2083
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinitolove View Post
The IDW Turtleverse have took influences from every incarnation of TMNT (Mirage, Archie, Fred Wolf, the movies, Next Mutation, 4kids including Fast Forward). But none from the current Nick show. Why/

Is it because the show is still running? Or because IDW does the show's comic? So in a few months those characters will be free to use?

Hope one day to see:

Choate (or TyrannoShredder) from Mirage - make him the king of the Triceratons

Ancient One and the Ninja Tribunal, Battle Nexus tournament, Touch & Go and that season 7 concept of Ch'rell Shredder Triceraton from 4kids.

Shinigami, Rahzar, kunoichi April, noir feel of the current season from Nick.

Enjoying every moment of IDW. Thank you, team!
Yeah, just wanted to keep things separate, otherwise it might feel "too Nick". Maybe a few years down the line there will be some incorporations, but since I edit the Amazing Adventures comics I personally feel like I'm getting my fill there. And I don't think Tom has seen too much of it though I could be wrong.
Old 08-02-2017, 06:06 PM   #2084
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillytmnt View Post
Hello Bobby,

I have a question about the latest story arch. Why would Kitsune wanna resurrect her father by using Saki's body? Wasn't Saki her lover? I get that she was secretly preparing Saki to be the vessel for her father. But it seemed like she actually loved Saki himself by the way she talked about him when she stole his body. It seems weird that she would want to use Saki to bring back her father instead of another person.

Also will Splinter and the foot come back into play this year and will Kitsune make another move against him?

Thanks!
Can't talk about this too much without getting into spoilers, but Kitsune, true to her nature, isn't spilling all the beans.

We'll see Splinter and the Foot this year, but can't really say anything else.
Old 08-06-2017, 08:06 PM   #2085
AlessandraDC
Thug

This is not a question... more of a request. It would be really neat to see a speed color video of Rhonda Pattison doing a few pages. It would be fun to get more glimpses into the artistic process, since I think overall TMNT has had some really solid art and colors.
AlessandraDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 08:24 PM   #2086
eskater
Foot Soldier

Will the concept of a multiverse be explored even further?
Old 08-07-2017, 04:25 PM   #2087
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskater View Post
Yes, but only in my universe. Your's will be stuck with, and only with the IDW turtles forever.

*Bamf*
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 07:40 AM   #2088
eskater
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Yes, but only in my universe. Your's will be stuck with, and only with the IDW turtles forever.

*Bamf*
One I'm ok with IDW Turtles forevvveerrrrr and two, will "bamfing now be a thing?"

*BAMF*
Old 08-08-2017, 10:34 AM   #2089
biganimefan
Foot Soldier

So, first of all a comment. I really enjoy the IDW series a lot. You guys do a fantastic job!

I know that this gets asked every now and again, but are the Image and Mirage Volume 4 comics any closer to coming in Trades? By any chance could you be waiting for the Adventures line to be finished?

Also, the Tales volume 9 TPB was supposedly going to be released about a month ago but it hasn't with no word of a new release date. When can we expect the Tales trades to continue?

Thanks!
biganimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 03:13 PM   #2090
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskater View Post
In some shape or form, yes. Don't expect a big crossover though, no plans for anything like that.
Old 08-08-2017, 03:14 PM   #2091
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by biganimefan View Post
So, first of all a comment. I really enjoy the IDW series a lot. You guys do a fantastic job!

I know that this gets asked every now and again, but are the Image and Mirage Volume 4 comics any closer to coming in Trades? By any chance could you be waiting for the Adventures line to be finished?

Also, the Tales volume 9 TPB was supposedly going to be released about a month ago but it hasn't with no word of a new release date. When can we expect the Tales trades to continue?

Thanks!
I don't know, or don't have any new information at this time, sorry. I know we're hoping to do Image at least.
Old 08-10-2017, 06:50 AM   #2092
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
TMNT FCBD Special 2017

even though Comixology had placed the 2017 FCBD Special in their store as a one-shot, it was still in their actual library in-between issues #69 and #70.

i kept after them to change it to be right before issue #73.

one of their employees finally switched it for me.

......one small victory for nerd-kind.
Old 08-14-2017, 06:02 PM   #2093
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Hey Bobby, have you seen the awesome art Sophie did of Tokka and Rahzar?

I think a lot of us would love to see these two guys show up in IDW, even if it is just a one-shot or alternate reality (like Bebop and Rocksteady Destroy Everything)...

Old 08-15-2017, 07:51 AM   #2094
eskater
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cylonsklingonsdaleksohmy View Post
hey bobby, have you seen the awesome art sophie did of tokka and rahzar?

I think a lot of us would love to see these two guys show up in idw, even if it is just a one-shot or alternate reality (like bebop and rocksteady destroy everything)...

https://orig03.deviantart.net/bf8f/f...fe-dbacdmb.jpg
so much yes
Old 08-15-2017, 10:34 AM   #2095
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post

I think a lot of us would love to see these two guys show up in IDW, even if it is just a one-shot or alternate reality (like Bebop and Rocksteady Destroy Everything)...

I have, yep!
Old 08-16-2017, 12:20 AM   #2096
Zage
Hench Mutant

I think I'm in love. Those pics are AMAZING!!!! & YES!!! The totally should appear in the comics, now. <3

Dreadmon
Ninjara
Jagwar
Roadkill Rodney
Lt. Granitor
generic Stone Warrior/ Rock Soldier {preferably a 2-pack, one orangy brown, the other bluish grey}
Kid Terra
Bookwurm /w/ Innardo
Tora
Shogun

Do you ever wonder, if Baxter, as the fly, ever had the urge to eat poop?
Zage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 01:55 PM   #2097
martinitolove
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post

Guys, please! IDW's Slash is Tokka. And Nick's skeleton Rahzar is waaaay cooler/frightening than the hairy dog from the old movie.

As much as I enjoy Sophie's art, I suggest the name "Tokka" should be used as an easter egg somewhere. And regarding Rahzar, IDW should wait around a few months after Nick's show is over and use that Rahzar's look in the comics.
martinitolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 02:33 PM   #2098
eskater
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinitolove View Post
Guys, please! IDW's Slash is Tokka. And Nick's skeleton Rahzar is waaaay cooler/frightening than the hairy dog from the old movie.

As much as I enjoy Sophie's art, I suggest the name "Tokka" should be used as an easter egg somewhere. And regarding Rahzar, IDW should wait around a few months after Nick's show is over and use that Rahzar's look in the comics.
I do think the look for Tokka was taken from Slash to begin with, so I agree that we probably don't need Tokka to be used in the comics.
Old 08-16-2017, 02:36 PM   #2099
Sophie Campbell
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

IDW Slash and Tokka are both big turtles but they're different characters with different roles, they could totally co-exist and each add something different. Tokka and Rahzar are children who don't fully understand what they're doing and don't understand good and evil/right and wrong. Slash's conflict and personality are different than that.

Skeleton Rahzar is stupid, I hate him! Why is he part skeleton??? Haha. He doesn't have anything to do with the original character, he's Rahzar-in-name-only.

Tokka and Rahzar shouldn't be separated the same way Bebop and Rocksteady are always together. Conceptually, they go together.
Sophie Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 02:53 PM   #2100
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie Campbell View Post
Skeleton Rahzar is stupid, I hate him! Why is he part skeleton??? Haha. He doesn't have anything to do with the original character, he's Rahzar-in-name-only.
Well, Sophie, that's pretty much how the majority of returning characters in the Nick Show can be described. If it makes you feel any better, the next show will probably pretend it's immediate predecessor never happened, so most likely you won't see Skele-Rahzar anymore.

Just wait a little less than one month and the show only has three episodes left to release, which are most likely going to get dumped on DVD soon after as well, the show is probably going to be over this year for all practical purposes.

Anyway, what about Gamera-Tokka? How do you feel about that?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz