The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 01-02-2018, 03:01 PM   #3181
CyberCubed
Overlord

We pretty much knew that, it's only some trolls who went around saying the show was canceled.

I'm sure the plan for the 2018 show is a 5 year run too. That's the standard length for kids shows.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 03:11 PM   #3182
newfan
Mad Scientist

From what I've read it seems the creators would have carried on with it but yes this was the initial plan and what they hoped to get.

Last edited by newfan; 01-02-2018 at 03:19 PM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 08:18 AM   #3183
Chabrendeki
Hench Mutant

There is an interesting video on TMNT Facebook őpage about the sound design of the Shellraiser in the "Mutant Apocalypse" episodes.
Old 01-06-2018, 08:19 AM   #3184
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chabrendeki View Post
There is an interesting video on TMNT Facebook őpage about the sound design of the Shellraiser in the "Mutant Apocalypse" episodes.
Just watched that, didn't realise they used Ciro's car for sounds.
Old 01-16-2018, 09:30 AM   #3185
Redworld96
Stone Warrior

It's not something important but it's something curious: Nickelodeon Spain will also air the Bebop and Rocksteady tale as the last episode of the show, letting the Apocalypse's special episode as the penultimate tale.

It seems not only Nick USA thought about this. I don't know if another countries did this too.
Redworld96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 09:34 AM   #3186
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redworld96 View Post
It's not something important but it's something curious: Nickelodeon Spain will also air the Bebop and Rocksteady tale as the last episode of the show, letting the Apocalypse's special episode as the penultimate tale.

It seems not only Nick USA thought about this. I don't know if another countries did this too.
I don't know if the UK are even going to bother with the rest of it at this point but was curious too. I think Nick (head) decides what order we get the eps in but not certain.
Old 01-16-2018, 10:16 AM   #3187
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
I don't know if the UK are even going to bother with the rest of it at this point but was curious too. I think Nick (head) decides what order we get the eps in but not certain.
I think we are getting new episodes in February.

https://twitter.com/DailyNickNews/st...58749045391361

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 10:24 AM   #3188
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
I think we are getting new episodes in February.

https://twitter.com/DailyNickNews/st...58749045391361
Ah, okay, I remember they finished season 4 in Feb last year. Thanks
Old 01-16-2018, 10:48 AM   #3189
CyberCubed
Overlord

Interesting, the show hasn't fully aired in all the UK countries yet?
Old 01-16-2018, 11:01 AM   #3190
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Interesting, the show hasn't fully aired in all the UK countries yet?
No.... I was starting to wonder if they would bother. Lucky I have the Crossover anyway.

Last edited by newfan; 01-16-2018 at 11:26 AM.
Old 01-18-2018, 05:55 PM   #3191
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

I know this is a bit late, but I as I was rewatching the show, I had this thought. For those who were saying the final episode can't be canon due to the contradictions between the future shown and what Renet said, consider this. Renet never said she was from Earth's future, just the future. Likewise, she never said they save Earth a bunch of times, but that they save the world, which could refer to any number of things, possibly whatever world she's actually from. Lastly, due to the events of "Earth's Last Stand," there's another set of turtles out in space, who would never experience the destruction of Earth. It's possible that Renet was never referring to our turtles, as she went back in time to before there were two sets. She told our turtles what she told them, not realizing that the turtles who would go on to be legendary were a completely different set of turtles that didn't exist yet. It's possible the other turtles ended up settling on her world due to the people's resemblance to the denizens of Earth. There isn't anything to 100% confirm this theory, but it seems pretty plausible when you take all of the above into account.
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 10:22 PM   #3192
victory_angel
Foot Elite

So

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zog The Magnificent View Post
I know this is a bit late, but I as I was rewatching the show, I had this thought. For those who were saying the final episode can't be canon due to the contradictions between the future shown and what Renet said, consider this. Renet never said she was from Earth's future, just the future. Likewise, she never said they save Earth a bunch of times, but that they save the world, which could refer to any number of things, possibly whatever world she's actually from. Lastly, due to the events of "Earth's Last Stand," there's another set of turtles out in space, who would never experience the destruction of Earth. It's possible that Renet was never referring to our turtles, as she went back in time to before there were two sets. She told our turtles what she told them, not realizing that the turtles who would go on to be legendary were a completely different set of turtles that didn't exist yet. It's possible the other turtles ended up settling on her world due to the people's resemblance to the denizens of Earth. There isn't anything to 100% confirm this theory, but it seems pretty plausible when you take all of the above into account.
Actually Renet does tell them that they saved the world many times. In the moment where she’s telling the Turtles that in the Future where she is from they are well known to the point of being seen as legendary. Donnie then scoffingly asks “Please...you’re saying your from the future, and you’re saying we’re important enough to be in history books? You expect us to believe that?!” Renet then responds by saying “Yes, you saved the world...many times.”

Typically when someone says “the World” they do mean the Earth since this is the only world we have currently. So yes that does mean they did save Earth on numerous occasions.

Though Renet isn’t really from Earth, in most incarnations she’s from she is from the 79th dimension of Null Time which is a world between all time and space.

Last edited by victory_angel; 01-18-2018 at 10:28 PM.
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 07:03 AM   #3193
Vicky82
Emperor

Nicktoons UK is airing Wanted Bebop and Rocksteady arc first starting on February 3rd, so that means the Future Arc will be aired last here in the UK.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 07:38 AM   #3194
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Nicktoons UK is airing Wanted Bebop and Rocksteady arc first starting on February 3rd, so that means the Future Arc will be aired last here in the UK.
Oh, okay. I'm not sure they care too much about it at the point
Old 02-03-2018, 08:45 PM   #3195
Donaterro
Thug

This season was a huge mixed bag for me.

The whole, Dracula-vampire arc was dull , yet I liked the Yojimbo arc (who wouldn't?)

I hope that Mutant Apocalypse isn't how the show officially ended, but I think it is cause of the "for Kevin and Peter" sign at the end of it.

Having Mikey get electric powers was pretty cool, and lord Dregg showing up to earth was also a nice touch.

Overall the weakest season of them all, but I guess that's to be expected.
Donaterro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 11:27 PM   #3196
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donaterro View Post
Overall the weakest season of them all, but I guess that's to be expected.
Many people thought Season 5 was one of the best seasons, I don't see why its expected to be the weakest.
Old 02-04-2018, 07:50 AM   #3197
Donaterro
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Many people thought Season 5 was one of the best seasons, I don't see why its expected to be the weakest.
Then I guess I'm in the minority?
Donaterro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 08:00 AM   #3198
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donaterro View Post
Then I guess I'm in the minority?
It seems a lot on here liked it best, not sure about everywhere else.
I actually preferred the continued series but saw this is something different to explore after the main story ended, they could have done another storyline to continue with but I think they were also finding Nicks airing difficult so far as continuation goes. The arcs worked better with that as they at least concluded while we were waiting for the next eps. That being said, someone tell me if Ive gotten this wrong but I think their plan from the start was to tell the story they wanted to tell and then if they were allowed more time they would do a season of story arcs also.

Last edited by newfan; 02-04-2018 at 08:13 AM.
Old 02-07-2018, 08:28 AM   #3199
Casey
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
It seems a lot on here liked it best, not sure about everywhere else.
I actually preferred the continued series but saw this is something different to explore after the main story ended, they could have done another storyline to continue with but I think they were also finding Nicks airing difficult so far as continuation goes. The arcs worked better with that as they at least concluded while we were waiting for the next eps. That being said, someone tell me if Ive gotten this wrong but I think their plan from the start was to tell the story they wanted to tell and then if they were allowed more time they would do a season of story arcs also.
I'm still and probably forever torn. I'm kind of glad we got those additional adventures and that they re-branded a little bit to accommodate them, but the other arcs concerning Shredder and Splinter went on far too long and I feel like we should have transitioned to this new style a season earlier or introduced new arcs prior.
Old 02-11-2018, 09:54 AM   #3200
newfan
Mad Scientist

Probably the wrong place to stick this but Ciro is still working on his story that he hopes will be a video release at some point if Nick will go for it, he said it would fill the gaps that a lot of the fans have a gripe with over the apocalypse. It seems he hasn't given up yet. Apparently a mix between invasion of the body snatchers and the Blob. (turtles are about 20) I wonder if he would be allowed to realise it in another format even if they shot down the movie, I'd be interested to see what his 20-year-old turtles look like, if any different.

Last edited by newfan; 02-11-2018 at 10:53 AM.

Tags
season 5