The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 07-28-2017, 01:32 PM   #2081
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I wonder how season 4 might've turned out if it was only 20 episodes. I sometimes feel like the space arc was originally not planned in the series but a later idea.

I imagine if season 4 was only 20 episodes, then season 3 would've ended with Shredder Killing Splinter and Leonardo Killing Shredder instead of the Triceraton invasio, then season 4 would've been similar to what season 5 is like now.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 01:44 PM   #2082
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I wonder how season 4 might've turned out if it was only 20 episodes. I sometimes feel like the space arc was originally not planned in the series but a later idea.

I imagine if season 4 was only 20 episodes, then season 3 would've ended with Shredder Killing Splinter and Leonardo Killing Shredder instead of the Triceraton invasio, then season 4 would've been similar to what season 5 is like now.
My guess? The same basic thing, just 6 episodes shorter. If you know which episodes were added you could essentially watch the original season 4 by removing them from your playlist.

My guess as to which episodes were added?
  1. The Weird World of Wyrm
  2. Journey to the Center of Mikey's Mind
  3. Trans-Dimensional Turtles
  4. The Insecta Trifecta
  5. Bat in the Belfry
  6. Tale of Tiger Claw
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 02:01 PM   #2083
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
  1. The Weird World of Wyrm
  2. Journey to the Center of Mikey's Mind
  3. Trans-Dimensional Turtles
  4. The Insecta Trifecta
  5. Bat in the Belfry
  6. Tale of Tiger Claw
LOL, you think the crossover with the original toon Turtles was added? It's obvious that was always planned, especially since they had to make the effort to bring back the old voice actors, make 2D scenes when they went to the old universe, and make CG models of the Turtles. Something like that isn't added last minute, it probably took them some of the most amount of work to do of any new episode in awhile.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 02:21 PM   #2084
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
LOL, you think the crossover with the original toon Turtles was added? It's obvious that was always planned, especially since they had to make the effort to bring back the old voice actors, make 2D scenes when they went to the old universe, and make CG models of the Turtles. Something like that isn't added last minute, it probably took them some of the most amount of work to do of any new episode in awhile.
I don't "think" it was added, I "guessed" it was. I'm not betting it was if that's what you're saying. Regardless let's adress your arguments.
  1. "Always planned". Considering they had one more season all about mini arcs, it's possible that the initial meeting was moved to season 4 to fill out the new quota, with the original intention being to have it be part of season five.
  2. "Old voice actors". How difficult could that have been? I mean, who are they, really? A regular cast member, Liquid Snake, some guy most frequently credited as "Additional voices" and two guys who might as well be retired? Yeah, real big shots right there...
  3. "2D scenes". Looked really rushed and not very difficult to animate, possible to make on relatively short notice.
  4. "CG models". Said this before, really creepy looking and possibly rushed.

Plus the fact that it really doesn't add much to the season itself and the script just feels like a lazy rehash of Turtles Forever. Again, I'm not betting it was, but as one of the six episodes that couldn't have been part of the original season, that's one of my best guesses.
Hahahaha!

Last edited by neatoman; 07-28-2017 at 02:45 PM.
Old 07-28-2017, 02:26 PM   #2085
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
[*]1. "Always planned". Considering they had one more season all about mini arcs, it's possible that the initial meeting was moved to season 4 to fill out the new quota, with the original intention being to have it be part of season five.
Ciro and crew have made several nods to the original cartoon its entire run, and we had that old Season 2 episode where we saw Tiger Claw briefly interact with the original Turtles. It's pretty obvious a full crossover was planned for awhile. This isn't something they just randomly not plan for given the work it takes.

Quote:
[*]"Old voice actors". How difficult could that have been? I mean, who are they, really? A regular cast member, Liquid Snake, some guy most frequently credited as "Additional voices", two guys who might as well be retired? Yeah, real big shots right there...
Because 4 out of 5 of them don't work on the Nick cartoon regularly. You're also forgetting about Krang's voice, Pat Farley who reprised his role. So it's 3 Turtles plus Krang, that's 4 old voices they had to get back. You don't know what kind of schedules they had or if they were all free at the same time to provide voices.

Quote:
[*]"2D scenes". Looked really rushed and not very difficult to animate, possible to make on relatively short notice.
Even then, it takes extra time to animate 2D scenes in a show that's all CG. Completely different storyboards and artists had to do those.

Quote:
Plus the fact that it really doesn't add much to the season itself and the script just feels like a lazy rehash of Turtles Forever. Again, I'm not willing to bet it was, but out of the six episodes that couldn't have been part of the original season, that's one of my best guesses.
The script itself likely took the same amount of time to write and animate as any other Season 4 episode. I don't see what you mean, "it didn't add much," half of Season 4's eps could be skipped without missing much plot wise, so that doesn't make a difference.
Old 07-28-2017, 02:29 PM   #2086
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
I don't "think" it was added, I "guessed" it was. I'm not betting it was if that's what you're saying. Regardless let's adress your arguments.
  1. 1. "Always planned". Considering they had one more season all about mini arcs, it's possible that the initial meeting was moved to season 4 to fill out the new quota, with the original intention being to have it be part of season five.
  2. "Old voice actors". How difficult could that have been? I mean, who are they, really? A regular cast member, Liquid Snake, some guy most frequently credited as "Additional voices" and two guys who might as well be retired? Yeah, real big shots right there...
  3. "2D scenes". Looked really rushed and not very difficult to animate, possible to make on relatively short notice.
  4. "CG models". Said this before, really creepy looking and possibly rushed.

Plus the fact that it really doesn't add much to the season itself and the script just feels like a lazy rehash of Turtles Forever. Again, I'm not betting it was, but out of the six episodes that couldn't have been part of the original season, that's one of my best guesses.
Didn't someone unveil that the FW Turtles were returning prior to season 4 at a Comic Con? Otherwise, despite me personally enjoying the episode, it did feel out of place and could've been done later in season 4.

As for your other choices, the only one I could see being practical is Tale of Tiger Claw. If Alopex returns, that is.

If she does, my guess is Revenge of the Triceratons or Tokka vs the World being included as a bonus, moreso the former.
Old 07-28-2017, 03:22 PM   #2087
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Ciro and crew have made several nods to the original cartoon its entire run, and we had that old Season 2 episode where we saw Tiger Claw briefly interact with the original Turtles. It's pretty obvious a full crossover was planned for awhile. This isn't something they just randomly not plan for given the work it takes.
You're missing the point. My point was that they might have moved an episode (or at least the scenario for an episode) up from season 5 to season 4, not that it was a random spur of the moment.

Quote:
Because 4 out of 5 of them don't work on the Nick cartoon regularly. You're also forgetting about Krang's voice, Pat Farley who reprised his role. So it's 3 Turtles plus Krang, that's 4 old voices they had to get back. You don't know what kind of schedules they had or if they were all free at the same time to provide voices.
If did not forget Pat Fraley, 1+1+1+2 adds up to 5. Anyway, No, I don't know what schedules they had, I just happened to know they haven't been credited with much in the past decade which lead me to think they're probably not that hard to get.

Quote:
Even then, it takes extra time to animate 2D scenes in a show that's all CG. Completely different storyboards and artists had to do those.
... Uh-huh... You do know Nickelodeon probably didn't have a hard time finding flash animators and that flash allows for relatively quick results, right?

Quote:
The script itself likely took the same amount of time to write and animate as any other Season 4 episode. I don't see what you mean, "it didn't add much," half of Season 4's eps could be skipped without missing much plot wise, so that doesn't make a difference.
Except we know that six episodes were added, saying that would have just as much time to make (regardless of wheter that's actually the case or not) is meaningless in this scenario.

As for what I meant about it adding to the season as a whole, it's never referenced in any other season 4 episode, that's about it. It just happens out of nowhere and they never talk about those events in the rest of the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMutant View Post
Didn't someone unveil that the FW Turtles were returning prior to season 4 at a Comic Con? Otherwise, despite me personally enjoying the episode, it did feel out of place and could've been done later in season 4.
See, Cubed, this adresses the actual issue, though I still want a source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMutant View Post
As for your other choices, the only one I could see being practical is Tale of Tiger Claw. If Alopex returns, that is.

If she does, my guess is Revenge of the Triceratons or Tokka vs the World being included as a bonus, moreso the former.
I don't think Revenge is a good candidate since it still has the Triceratons gain two pieces of the BHG. Mutant Gangland, The Evil of Dregg or The War for Dimension X, perhaps?
Hahahaha!
Old 07-28-2017, 04:15 PM   #2088
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:

See, Cubed, this adresses the actual issue, though I still want a source.

I don't think Revenge is a good candidate since it still has the Triceratons gain two pieces of the BHG. Mutant Gangland, The Evil of Dregg or The War for Dimension X, perhaps?
I knew I forgot an episode with Evil of Dregg. Personally, that was the worst episode of season 4, nothing happened.

As for War and Gangland, the latter wouldn't have resulted in Heart of Evil's plot (Donnie's revenge against Vizioso) making much sense in the current season. War did provide context on the Kraang/Utrom situation too. Subjective on which was weaker though.

I've been looking for a link about the renewal deal without much luck. As for the crossover though, it seems it had to have been planned prior to season 4 starting. I might be wrong, but for the first discussion panel of season 4 (NYCC 2015), Tiger Claw brought up this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Yeah, Krang will be in it, even the original voice actor.
https://twitter.com/TMNTMaster/statu...89908803715073
The people there caught a glimpse of it, probably the animatic as shown for Vision Quest, Serpent Hunt, and Casey vs the Underworld in season 3. I can't confirm though if 26 episodes were set at the time they showed it.
Old 07-28-2017, 05:54 PM   #2089
Vicky82
Emperor

Looks like the Turtles will only look 20 years older in 50 years.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 08:07 PM   #2090
CyberCubed
Overlord

They'll still look older with new designs then, just not really old like 70 year old Turtles.

So I expect them to look around 40 year old Turtles.
Old 07-29-2017, 10:10 AM   #2091
Vicky82
Emperor

New Gif

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXIvc6JjX7e/?taken-by=tmnt

Old 07-29-2017, 10:28 AM   #2092
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Looks like the Turtles will only look 20 years older in 50 years.

https://68.media.tumblr.com/bbb18139...6ztno2_400.png
Can we assume Donatello stops fining April attractive because she ages way faster than him then? If they're both 75, she'll look 75 but he'd have the mind and health of someone around 30?
Hahahaha!
Old 07-29-2017, 10:42 AM   #2093
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Can we assume Donatello stops fining April attractive because she ages way faster than him then? If they're both 75, she'll look 75 but he'd have the mind and health of someone around 30?
Don't forget she's half human half Kraang so she might age slower too but probably not as slower as the turtles. So she will still be a bit more older than them, but won't look 70.

Old 07-29-2017, 10:56 AM   #2094
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Don't forget she's half human half Kraang so she might age slower too but probably not as slower as the turtles. So she will still be a bit more older than them, but won't look 70.
..... maybe she'll evolve into big pink brain.... just kidding
It would be good to get just the Turltes for some part as it's their show but I don't want the full arch to be missing April, Casey and Karai. (given the future setting)
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 11:43 AM   #2095
TheJ-manTurtleMan
Stone Warrior

Is there a new episode tomorrow? Zap2it says the next one is 8/6

"I love a little hot sauce on my pizza! I love a little hot sauce yes I dooo!"
TheJ-manTurtleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 11:46 AM   #2096
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
..... maybe she'll evolve into big pink brain....
I know of a pretty funny drawing of that, sorry I can't find a bigger version, the one I saved is the only one I can find.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg april in kraang body.jpg (8.6 KB, 25 views)
Hahahaha!
Old 07-29-2017, 11:47 AM   #2097
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJ-manTurtleMan View Post
Is there a new episode tomorrow? Zap2it says the next one is 8/6
Yes there is a new episode tomorrow, Zap2it keeps making mistakes.

You can check it this way.

http://tvschedule.zap2it.com/tvlisti...=tvschedule#79

Old 07-29-2017, 12:40 PM   #2098
TheJ-manTurtleMan
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Yes there is a new episode tomorrow, Zap2it keeps making mistakes.

You can check it this way.

http://tvschedule.zap2it.com/tvlisti...=tvschedule#79
Ah, thanks! "Osoroshi no Tabi" anyone know what that translates to? According to Google it's "Timelessly"

"I love a little hot sauce on my pizza! I love a little hot sauce yes I dooo!"
TheJ-manTurtleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 01:24 PM   #2099
ToTheNines
[sic]

"Journey of Fear"
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 01:40 PM   #2100
Vicky82
Emperor

Strange that we didn't get a exclusive clip this week.

Tags
season 5