The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 12-22-2014, 10:47 PM   #221
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
*points to the post before yours*
Besides you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
Well, I think it's slightly better than Sonic X. But it's far from what I'd call the best Sonic cartoon by far.

This is how I rank the cartoons:

1. Sonic the Hedgehog (SatAM)/Sonic OVA
2. Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
3. Sonic Boom
4. Sonic X
5. Sonic Underground
For me, it's this:

1. Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
2. Sonic Boom
3. Sonic the Hedgehog (SatAM)
4. Sonic X
5. Sonic Underground
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 01:16 PM   #222
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Case and point. lol Yeah, wish others would post about it.

That aside, I actually liked Sonic X....but I've never seen its dub either. For season 1, I didn't mind Chris' character. It felt natural for him to be there. Season 2, for me, his presence felt completely unnecessary and that he was there for the sake of being there, so his presence felt too forced to me. I also didn't care for the fact that Chris became so attached to Sonc. I see if he had an unstable life, lack of attention from family or friends, but he had both. He seemed pretty well-rounded. The end of season 2 really gave me that impression that he was overly attached to Sonic. Season 3 was okay...but I didn't care for Cosmo much. She was too perfect for me I guess, and yet I liked characters like Cream. Go figure, right? lol

Anyway, if I were to rank eps (minus Underground, as I've never watched it....and frankly, don't think I ever will lol)....

Sonic the Hedgehog (SatAM)
Sonic the Hedgehog (OVA)
Sonic X
Sonic Boom
Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog

I like something about all of these, mind you. I was having trouble with ranking Sonic Boom and Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog and just tossed a coin. lol
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 11:01 PM   #223
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Finally got around to watching all the available episodes. It's ok so far. It definitely could have been worse. I was afraid it was gonna be mindless stupidity like a lot of cartoon humor of today.

CGI is great. Some jokes are pretty good. I hope there's more action as it goes on. Characters seem kinda stiff. I think it'll get better though. Alot of shows are rough around the edges when they're new.
Old 02-05-2015, 10:16 AM   #224
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Did anyone watch the latest episodes? I think this show is entertaining compared to what we got before out of Sonic cartoons. The banter between Sonic, Tails, and Dr. Eggman are hilarious.
Old 04-14-2015, 12:11 PM   #225
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

With 21 episodes in, what do you guys think of the show? Some of the newer episodes don't seem to be as funny as the earlier ones.
Old 04-14-2015, 11:21 PM   #226
Wildcat
Foot Elite

I've kept watching but honestly just because I love Sonic.

I think the show is just ok. I'd probably like the humor more if I was younger but I just don't find anything special about the show. Maybe if they were full length episodes. I don't mind the 12min format but if it more of an action show it would be better. Sonic fighting robots and saving the day. Instead of the sitcom style it is now.

CGI is the best I've ever seen for a kids show but the animation is stiff. Even Sonic running doesn't seem that fast.
Old 04-14-2015, 11:46 PM   #227
Darth Knuckles
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
I've kept watching but honestly just because I love Sonic.

I think the show is just ok. I'd probably like the humor more if I was younger but I just don't find anything special about the show. Maybe if they were full length episodes. I don't mind the 12min format but if it more of an action show it would be better. Sonic fighting robots and saving the day. Instead of the sitcom style it is now.

CGI is the best I've ever seen for a kids show but the animation is stiff. Even Sonic running doesn't seem that fast.
Basically exactly what Wildcat said applies to me as well. That and Knuckles is my favorite character in the Sonic franchise so you can imagine why I don't like the way he's portrayed in Sonic Boom.
Old 04-25-2015, 06:39 PM   #228
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Angry It.Was Not.Funny!!!

I just watched the latest episode of Sonic Boom. It was called "Let's Play Musical Friends".

This episode doesn't make any sort of sense. Orbot and Cubot saying "Rock, donut,Thursday," does not make any sense. The main villain doesn't make any sense. Hell, even the freakin' title doesn't make any sense! I really hate this episode. It feels like the writer(s) is questioning my intelligence.

At this point, I don't know if I should keep watching or not.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 06:08 AM   #229
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

I honestly liked the latest episode. I loved how Cubot referenced popular video game memes ("What if the princess is in another castle?", "Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, Start".). The show is not great but the writing can be clever at times. Better writing than Sonic X had, *shudders*.....
Old 09-09-2017, 12:26 PM   #230
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

It looks like Vector's appearing in Sonic Boom.

http://m.uverse.com/guide#show=detai...9lcGlzb2Rlcw==
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 03:03 AM   #231
Shark_Blade
Emperor

He's beautiful.

https://twitter.com/alanthewriter/st...59909449670656
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
peanut