The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 12-23-2017, 10:50 PM   #1
Electric
Epic Hiatus

Request for End of Series Recap

hey all, long time no see.

it has been awhile since I posted here and Im not exactly positive where this post should go, so I apologize if its misplaced.

Im wondering if there is any member whod be willing to recap the end of the series for me. My interest in TMNT faded quite a bit, but I had dedicated several years to watching this show and enjoyed it, so Im curious how it all wraps up. However, I dont really see myself finishing it up ever. So if anyone wouldnt mind writing a kind of synopsis of the series from where I left off, I would really appreciate it. No need for an episode by episode recap (though that would be awesome) but just a brief summary of main plots and resolutions for the main 8 or so characters. Can be PM'd to me or posted.

I left off right around the time Shinigami showed up, and remember seeing previews for the Super Shredder episode, but never made it to that.

Im sure theres somewhere online too, and if you know where thatd be great. I just dont want to read through a full synopsis on each and every episode however.
Old 12-24-2017, 12:01 AM   #2
sdp
-

You have so little left, why not just finish it up, you stopped watching nearly at the end of the series. But if you really don't care then spoilers ahead:

I mean the TMNT continue to fight the foot and in one episode they essentially defeat shredder but he's given mutagen and becomes Super Shredder and has his final attack and finally kills Splinter (for real) and the turtles join up and defeat Super Shredder by slicing his head off, fairly graphic. They all go their way.

After that the last season is just a bunch of random stories of things that happened to them, a few of them are a bit boring, the most note worthy ones:. One of them deals with Shredder being revived but it's not that good of a story, there is another team up with the 87 turtles and the series finale takes place many years into the future where the earth was devastated by a mutagen bomb and it's a post apocalyptic world where everyone basically died and yes this is canon. The episodes deal with Raph finding his other brothers and searching for the one part of earth that still has resources but they're stopped by the "evil" guy who they eventually learned was a mutated Leonardo but in the end they come to their senses. All 4 turtles are seriously maimed but in the end they reached the "oasis". A rather bitter sweet ending and easily the best episode in the series.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 01:14 AM   #3
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I mean the TMNT continue to fight the foot and in one episode they essentially defeat shredder but he's given mutagen and becomes Super Shredder and has his final attack and finally kills Splinter (for real) and the turtles join up and defeat Super Shredder by slicing his head off, fairly graphic. They all go their way.

After that the last season is just a bunch of random stories of things that happened to them, a few of them are a bit boring, the most note worthy ones:. One of them deals with Shredder being revived but it's not that good of a story, there is another team up with the 87 turtles and the series finale takes place many years into the future where the earth was devastated by a mutagen bomb and it's a post apocalyptic world where everyone basically died and yes this is canon. The episodes deal with Raph finding his other brothers and searching for the one part of earth that still has resources but they're stopped by the "evil" guy who they eventually learned was a mutated Leonardo but in the end they come to their senses. All 4 turtles are seriously maimed but in the end they reached the "oasis". A rather bitter sweet ending and easily the best episode in the series.
If I hadn't seen it myself, I'd never believe this.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 03:12 AM   #4
neatoman
Emperor

Well, there are two endings to the show. The official ending that aired last and Nickelodeon is officially declaring to be the ending, and the last produced episodes who the showrunner wants to be considered the ending.

1. FW Shredder and Krang show with the Technodrome but leave Bebop and Rocksteady, because they don't really think they need them. They hire Nick Bebop and Rocksteady, who are out of a job since Shredder died. The FW Turtles show up, tell the Nick Turtles what's up (who agree to help them, mostly because they've got nothing else to do). Bebop and Rocksteady question wheter or not it's a good idea to work for crazy morons while the Turtles try to stop them. Shredder and Krang reveal that they intend to use the Technodrome to destroy the world, so Bebop and Rocksteady destroy it, redeeming them in the eyes of the Turtles. The FW characters goes home and we're given a bizarre music video.

2. It's an apocalyptic future. Raph is old has a bad memory, he travels around with Don in a robotic body. Everything has been nuked to hell and the only ones alive are mutants. The Turtles themselves, ICK and Chompy are seemingly the only characters who survived. Raph and Don meet a girl with a map to an oasis only Mikey can read. On their way to Mikey they're attacked by badgers and lizards, who Raph beats and becomes the new leader of. THe former leader of the badgers seek help from evil Leo to reclaim his position. Raph knocks some sense into Leo and they all go to the oasis.

Take your pick, a hollow attempt to recreate Turtles Forever or the one that barely connects to anything.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 03:20 AM   #5
newfan
Mad Scientist

You were so close to the end of season 4 which saw the demise of both Splinter and Shredder. This was the conclusion to the main story, then season 5 was done slightly differently, with separate arcs rather than a continued story.

Last edited by newfan; 12-24-2017 at 03:31 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 11:39 AM   #6
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
You have so little left, why not just finish it up, you stopped watching nearly at the end of the series.
Not only that, but the second half of season four, as well as season five, was arguably the show at its best. I say just go ahead and watch the remaining episodes. I mean I definitely understand your frustration in giving up after the space arc, it was pretty unbearable. I had contemplated going ahead and giving up as well. But it got a lot better afterwards.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 11:45 AM   #7
CyberCubed
Overlord

I thought the space arc, aside from maybe 2-3 episodes, was very good and a nice change of pace. The show was probably at its weakest point during the first half of Season 3, due to the Northampton arc going on too long and having too many monster eps, but then got better as we got to the second half.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 12:24 PM   #8
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric View Post
Im wondering if there is any member whod be willing to recap the end of the series for me.
Old 12-25-2017, 05:16 AM   #9
victory_angel
Foot Elite

There is also a flash back episode called Lone Rat and Cubs in the final season. In this episode it has Splinter with the turtles when they are somewhere around ages of 7-10. He tells them the continued version of their origin story from the first episode.

In this origin story
Splinter isn’t a father to the turtles as of yet, but they aren’t his pets either. Instead they are just innocents who are also involved in the same mess he is in and is thus responsible for them.

Now homeless due to his mutation Splinter is forced to use his rodent senses in order to provide for his young charges and also protect them from the Kraang who are hunting them down so they can be studied as samples of the mutagens effects.

Over the course of this episode we see the turtles recieve their names.
The beginning of the Turtles beginning training as ninja. Which is really cute to see because Splinter is given the inspiration intraining them by catching sight of baby Leo mimicking him while he is practicing his kata.

The origin of the crack in Raph’s shell which was caused during one time Splinter and his sons were being hunted by the Kraang. While Splinter is trying to drag a shopping cart that he is using as a pram up a staircase he loses his grip on it which causes it to roll down stairs. Raph falls out of it and gets run over by it.

Donnie is often seen sucking his thumb or using a spark plug as a pacifier. In the review J-man did on the episode he pointed out that oral fixations such as that can lead to diastema which is where Donnie’s tooth gap comes from.

And lastly the Origin of the turtles and Splinter finding the lair.

The episode then ends with Splinter giving the turtles their signature weapons and reasons why they are suitable for them except for Mikey who just gets the nunchucks because they are suitable for him.
Old 12-26-2017, 06:21 PM   #10
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
(who agree to help them, mostly because they've got nothing else to do).
I'd say it was mostly because their world was in danger of being destroyed despite boredom being a factor.

Quote:
we're given a bizarre music video.
Wouldn't the music video not be the "offical ending" since it was a DVD exclusive release that didn't ever air on Nickelodeon?

Quote:
Take your pick, a hollow attempt to recreate Turtles Forever or the one that barely connects to anything.
While I disagree with calling the 2nd crossover an attempt to re-create turtles forever (that was more of what Trans-Dimensional Turtles was going for), and the Mutant Apocalypse as barely connecting to anything, I'd definetly pick the latter as the real ending since it is the last story of the show's continuity, and was the intended finale by the creators.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote