The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2014, 01:14 PM   #1981
Mayhem
Mad Scientist
 
Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,013
If you're patient and keep checking, then you can get a copy of #71 for a cheapish price. I paid $18 for mine plus shipping in the end.
__________________
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 01:16 PM   #1982
Dawnatello Turtle Chick
Mad Scientist
 
Dawnatello Turtle Chick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Mineral Wells, TX
Posts: 1,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
If you're patient and keep checking, then you can get a copy of #71 for a cheapish price. I paid $18 for mine plus shipping in the end.
How long ago was that? The ones I have seen lately were going for $40 to over $100 on eBay.
__________________
These are here-->[IMG][/IMG]<---and here.
Dawnatello Turtle Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 01:26 PM   #1983
Mayhem
Mad Scientist
 
Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnatello Turtle Chick View Post
How long ago was that? The ones I have seen lately were going for $40 to over $100 on eBay.
I rechecked. It was $15 plus shipping. That was two months ago.
__________________
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 01:30 PM   #1984
Dawnatello Turtle Chick
Mad Scientist
 
Dawnatello Turtle Chick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Mineral Wells, TX
Posts: 1,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
I rechecked. It was $15 plus shipping. That was two months ago.
I looked at the completed listings & it will go cheaper like that sometimes & others it will shoot up to $50 or $70. So now I know that if I watch and wait I should be able to pick one up in that price range. Thanks Mayhem, I'd given up hope that any would go for a reasonable price.
__________________
These are here-->[IMG][/IMG]<---and here.
Dawnatello Turtle Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 02:32 PM   #1985
Mayhem
Mad Scientist
 
Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,013
You're welcome... and yeah, I was probably watching every auction for 2-3 months before that one came up that no one appeared to bid on (it was me and one other person).
__________________
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 06:37 PM   #1986
Kilowog
Thug
 
Kilowog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 64
Has Splinter had a functional prehensile tail in any continuity prior to the 2014 movie?
Kilowog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 07:54 PM   #1987
ianke_2002
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 114
How much should i be expecting to spend on the issues of archie? Like say....the early issues are cheap but from, for example, #50 onwards it jumps from like.....$5 a comic to say....$10 a comic. I have a buddy of mine that just purchase me #45 for $6 and #49 for $8 canadian .
ianke_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 01:51 PM   #1988
ianke_2002
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 114
Also...he just picked me up Volume 4 #28 for $20 canadian. Is that a good price to pay or did i get ripped off?


Edit: And Tales of the TMNT Volume 1 #6 for $7. Thoughts?

Last edited by ianke_2002; 09-01-2014 at 02:33 AM.
ianke_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 04:26 AM   #1989
Topsu
Hench Mutant
 
Topsu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Finland
Posts: 347
Has there been any word of more Hardcover-collections of canon Mirage stuff, made similarly as Ultimate collections? I know I'd rather take stories from Tales v1 as one hardcovered book, same thing with TMNT v2 (with original coloring) . Altho the best option would be to get EVERYTHING in that format, but I highly doubt they'll do it...
Topsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 08:59 PM   #1990
ctt4lfecw
Stone Warrior
 
ctt4lfecw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Neutrino
Posts: 812
I have a question about the Fugitoid/Krang storyline. Does Krang know that he killed Honeycutt's family?
ctt4lfecw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 05:29 AM   #1991
ToTheNines
[sic]
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 15,077
Doubtful that he knows specifically, they were in a huge crowd and it wasn't him pulling the trigger anyways.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 04:55 PM   #1992
ianke_2002
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 114
nobody can answer my questions about these recent comic purchase values?
ianke_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 01:28 AM   #1993
Wentos
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 114
Has Michael Dooney ever done full interior work? I recently finished reading Tales of the TMNT v2, and his frontispieces are just gorgeous.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Nick, you have to do two things:

- Release the Nick show on blu-ray
- Release the 4kids series in a complete series or season sets

Only then will we be satisfied.
Wentos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 01:47 AM   #1994
Powder
Endless Screw
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell Ri La
Posts: 25,093
He did some back in the day, yeah. There's the Challenges paperback, the first 3 issues of the Archie series that adapted season 1 of the OT, & some issues scattered throughout Mirage's vol. 1: 9, 13, 27, 46, & 47. But mind you, none of them really look like his Tales era style, though they're still ridiculously cool.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 01:58 AM   #1995
DarkFell
Mad Scientist
 
DarkFell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: At the current moment, on your screen.
Posts: 1,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
He did some back in the day, yeah. There's the Challenges paperback, the first 3 issues of the Archie series that adapted season 1 of the OT, & some issues scattered throughout Mirage's vol. 1: 9, 13, 27, 46, & 47. But mind you, none of them really look like his Tales era style, though they're still ridiculously cool.
I actually have a copy of his Challenges book; it was given to me by a former friend along with an drawing that she tried to submit to them for some contest that was held at the time. His style on the Turtles is really neat.

How is Dooney doing nowindays? I've seen that he's shown up in a few conventions.
__________________
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 02:55 AM   #1996
Wentos
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
But mind you, none of them really look like his Tales era style, though they're still ridiculously cool.
Yeah, wow. I've read volume 1 but my brain didn't put together that it was the same guy until you mentioned it. His art looks so different now.

He's improved a lot since the late 80's/early 90's.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Nick, you have to do two things:

- Release the Nick show on blu-ray
- Release the 4kids series in a complete series or season sets

Only then will we be satisfied.
Wentos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 03:01 AM   #1997
Topsu
Hench Mutant
 
Topsu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Finland
Posts: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
There's the Challenges paperback
Hmm? This answer actually raises a question, is the hardcover version of Challenges rare? I remember buying it couple of years ago from Mirage, and it wasn't that expensive (~10-20$ish I think), but now that I checked if there actually was a paperback version, I found out that someone is selling HC for 399$? Really?

Last edited by Topsu; 09-14-2014 at 03:14 AM.
Topsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 03:33 AM   #1998
thingy
Thug
 
thingy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianke_2002 View Post
nobody can answer my questions about these recent comic purchase values?
I'd say that's a good price for Vol. 4 #28. I never really paid attention to the prices of the other issues you mentioned, so not sure about those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topsu View Post
Hmm? This answer actually raises a question, is the hardcover version of Challenges rare? I remember buying it couple of years ago from Mirage, and it wasn't that expensive (~10-20$ish I think), but now that I checked if there actually was a paperback version, I found out that someone is selling HC for 399$? Really?
Yeah there were only 500 (I think) hardcovers produced.
thingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 04:19 AM   #1999
Powder
Endless Screw
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell Ri La
Posts: 25,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFell View Post
How is Dooney doing nowindays? I've seen that he's shown up in a few conventions.
He's been active on the con circuit forever, that's nothing new. He goes to probably 5-6+ shows a year, very busy fella. I'd have to guess he's doing well, the guy seems to pump out prints & commissions like nobody's business. I know I've probably paid his electric bill once or twice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wentos View Post
Yeah, wow. I've read volume 1 but my brain didn't put together that it was the same guy until you mentioned it. His art looks so different now.

He's improved a lot since the late 80's/early 90's.
Yeah, it's really quite a change. It's funny, almost all of the Mirage guys' styles evolved over the years. Some better, some worse, some just different in general. Dooney definitely upgraded, but I think his old stuff is really charming just the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topsu View Post
Hmm? This answer actually raises a question, is the hardcover version of Challenges rare? I remember buying it couple of years ago from Mirage, and it wasn't that expensive (~10-20$ish I think), but now that I checked if there actually was a paperback version, I found out that someone is selling HC for 399$? Really?
It may not be the most common thing around, but it's not really that hard to find. I've seen quite a few bought & sold on these boards alone. It's no-where near worth what that schmoe is asking for it, that's for sure.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 08:26 AM   #2000
Topsu
Hench Mutant
 
Topsu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Finland
Posts: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
It's no-where near worth what that schmoe is asking for it, that's for sure.
Figured as much, just wished to know if it was actually rare. But if it really only has 500 of it printed like thingy said, I'd say it's not too common.
Topsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ask a question, ban etsyturtle2, comic discussion, questions

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.