The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 06-14-2015, 11:52 PM   #21
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

The comedy in Season 1 was quite decent, but once the show went into Season 2 the comedy began to evolve into something stupid. I don't know if I would want an entire show revolving around that kind of 'comedy,' especially with complaints now about Mikey's mostly derpy behavior and other 'things done for laughs.'

It might be funny once in a great while, but not episode after episode.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 05:28 PM   #22
Jephael
That whack job behind you

I'd just like to see an incarnation of TMNT where they actually do something original for a change instead of the same old boring crap rehashed over and over like alien invasions or the Shredder/Foot Clan/Purple Dragon feud! Next Mutation actually had a pretty decent rogues gallery, but hiring Saban to produce and create it was just a dumb idea. I bet the folks at Nick could do a great job with Dragon Lord and those other baddies.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:46 PM   #23
Luckyday
Mad Scientist

I am really split on this opinion. I love a good action show that has a good handle on its comedy. It's the main reason what drew me into Avatar: TLA, Adventure Time, Gravity falls, and most recently Steven Universe. Seriously that show is amazing. Watch it please! However an action show needs to be able to hold story arcs and continuity together. It needs to be able tell a story, and unfortunately a strong continuity is something that this show had always struggled with as well with letting character grow and develop. This show prefers, and to me, seemed more comfortable with a more episodic nature and with a not so serious attitude.

But that's not to say it can't get dark with their stand alones but ,and this is a strong but, the format of this show lends its talent far better when it is not trying to tell a story but rather going after strong conceptual ideas that needs only one episode to expand on and having a conunity being loose/vague like the mind control serum arc.

This way, we won't be constantly banging our heads against the desk every time when a character seem unfazed by the latest episode.
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls

Last edited by Luckyday; 06-17-2015 at 06:16 PM.
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:56 PM   #24
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
I'd just like to see an incarnation of TMNT where they actually do something original for a change instead of the same old boring crap rehashed over and over like alien invasions or the Shredder/Foot Clan/Purple Dragon feud! Next Mutation actually had a pretty decent rogues gallery, but hiring Saban to produce and create it was just a dumb idea. I bet the folks at Nick could do a great job with Dragon Lord and those other baddies.
Maybe the world may never know...
Old 06-19-2015, 03:05 PM   #25
TLP
Hench Mutant

I think the Nick show is fine as it is. I like a lot of the more serious/dramatic moments that add extra depth to the characters. If it were all comedy, I honestly don't think it would be something I would keep in touch with after a few episodes.
TLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 05:07 AM   #26
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

You and I both got our wish with Rise of the Tmnt.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 09:41 AM   #27
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Oh, okay, bumping old thread. Got me for a sec wondering, via the title, who the heck is asking this and this late in the game. lol
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 01:11 PM   #28
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Exactly, nowadays Rise pretty much got you covered.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 05:20 PM   #29
ABrown
Banned

Hey I remember this thread that I made. Yes, Rise is just a comedy. However it's not good. When I created this thread, I was hoping for something like Justice League Action, which was VERY GOOD.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 05:53 AM   #30
rickwj324
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
Hey I remember this thread that I made. Yes, Rise is just a comedy. However it's not good. When I created this thread, I was hoping for something like Justice League Action, which was VERY GOOD.
Justice League Action is very good!
Rise of the TMNT is very BAD!
2012 NICK TMNT is AWESOME (perfect just the way it is!)
rickwj324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 04:35 PM   #31
Sobble
Banned

How about we just make a Mikey cartoon

There problem solved
Sobble is offline   Reply With Quote