The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 12-22-2021, 09:37 PM   #81
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Paul Feig is not pleased with Sony that the film isn't included in a franchise box set.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...rs-1235066671/
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 09:39 PM   #82
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
Paul Feig is not pleased with Sony that the film isn't included in a franchise box set.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...rs-1235066671/
Paul Feig can go suck a STD'd dick for all I care. The set is for all the Canon movie IE the 2 OG's and afterlife

Also here is his quote. He is seriously using winning a Nick Kids Choice award to help his case

Quote:
“Um … @SonyPictures , I know this must be a mistake,” he wrote. “We do have a lot of fans and Bill, Dan and Ernie were in it and it won the Kids Choice Award for Best Feature Film the year it came out. So, I guess this was just an oversight?”

Feig added the hashtag #weareallghostbusters.

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 12-22-2021 at 09:47 PM.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 11:50 PM   #83
Sumac
Banned

Feig can "feig" himself.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 11:19 AM   #84
neatoman
Emperor

I don't see the big deal, his movie is obviously not part of the same continuity as the other three. Technically it could be included but that's like making a 90's Godzilla set and including the Tristar one, or a Dragon Ball collection with Evolution included.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 07:02 PM   #85
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

https://ghostbustersnews.com/2021/12...gital-pack-in/

Allegedly Sony always planned to have all 4 movies digitally in this set so 2016 will be included just as a digital copy

Quote:
“Featuring GHOSTBUSTERS, GHOSTBUSTERS II and GHOSTBUSTERS: AFTERLIFE on 4K Ultra HD & Blu-ray, plus two discs full of special features! Includes over 20 hours of rare behind-the-scenes and must-see archival gems, including the full Preview Cut of the original movie and much, much more! Presented in collectible “ghost trap” packaging with lights,and includes a full 220-page reprint of the rare 1985 “Making GHOSTBUSTERS” book! Also includes digital versions of GHOSTBUSTERS, GHOSTBUSTERS II, GHOSTBUSTERS: ANSWER THE CALL and GHOSTBUSTERS: AFTERLIFE.“
Old 12-27-2021, 08:22 PM   #86
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

More heat from SJWs:

https://www.cracked.com/article_3222...ovie-sony.html
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 09:15 PM   #87
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

If it was a Ghostbusters movie, it was a bad one.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 01:52 AM   #88
Allio
Foot Elite

Damn. 150 for the set of 3 films? No thanks.
Old 12-28-2021, 02:13 AM   #89
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
Damn. 150 for the set of 3 films? No thanks.
The big draw is the expanded cuts of both 1 and 2. Plus never seen deleted scenes from 2 at least.

I'm not getting it but I might be more into it if they promised some more Afterlife deleted stuff and clowning around footage. Like with the OGs.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 02:31 AM   #90
Allio
Foot Elite

Also where is the most important ghostbusters film “Casper”?
Old 12-30-2021, 03:41 AM   #91
Leo656
The Franchise

It's a steep price on its face BUT you're really getting like five full movies and a ton of bonus content, some of it never-released like all the deleted scenes from Ghostbusters II. Combine that with the fancy packaging and it seems almost reasonable.

I definitely want it but things are a bit tight right now, so I don't know. I was like "nah" since I already have an awesome set of I and II on DVD with a ton of great Special Features, but more than anything the deleted scenes from GBII are what put it over to me. The TV cuts of the first two movies are more of a curiosity than anything, and I'm a bit baffled that they even included them, but they're a fun little gift for those folks who first saw the movie as kids during its semi-annual network TV airing. But the GBII deleted scenes? Man, that's stuff people have been asking for ever since the NOW Comics adaptation came out and had a ton of scenes that weren't in the actual movie, leaving all of us asking "What Happened?" Possessed Ray trying to drive the Ecto-1A into oncoming traffic and kill everyone after they left the museum? Louis's continued inept attempts to trap Slimer at the firehouse? Louis's cousin who works at the hospital getting the Ghostbusters released from their commitment to the sanitarium? Jack Hardemeyer getting "eaten" by the wall of slime outside of the museum? The Ghostbusters big victory celebration at Liberty Island at the end? SURE, I'll take all of that, thanks! I'm well aware that all of that stuff mostly bombed with test audiences and was cut out of the movie for fairly good reason, but knowing it was "supposed to be in there" and NOT seeing it has always made those scenes like some sort of hidden gold for Ghostbusters fans. We just wanna see it already!

Otherwise, yeah, I'd just buy Afterlife on Blu-Ray. But they said that this set will have all of the Bonus Features from the earlier releases PLUS a bunch of never-before-seen stuff, and that's just too good to pass up. I'll find a way to get it. Eventually. Some people can go without it but this set was obviously made for super-hardcore types.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
progress, toxic masculinity