The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Alopex: My name is Alopex, Turtle boy
Splinter, master of the drunken-fist 17 41.46%
Only Leo and Mikey have the strongest ablity to sharpen their intuition 1 2.44%
Raph's foresight is too clouded by his anger and Donnie is too firmly rooted in rational thought 2 4.88%
Casey has 0.0 intuition 5 12.20%
Casey: I don't want to be cursed, being curse sucks worse then getting poisoned by karai 0 0%
**Remembers getting kissed by Karai** Casey: Actually the getting poisoned part was pretty sweet... 9 21.95%
See you again in season 5 Alopex 7 17.07%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-13-2017, 10:56 PM   #101
Darth Knuckles
Stone Warrior

This was an interesting episode. I did get a little annoyed with the whole Raph's anger clouds his intuition thing. And it's not just this show but pretty much all incarnations of the TMNT where Raph having an anger issue is the one thing that's brought up constantly to make him have a weakness. I understand Raph needs a weakness but I am getting a little tired of anger being the weakness and the reason why he couldn't be the most skilled turtle, say over Leo for instance. I just wish they'd also show the benefits of Raph using his anger more as well. It can be a very effective weapon in a battle too ya know.

The Tiger Claw stuff was great. I was a little taken aback by how instant and "graphic" his half of his arm got cut off. That seemed pretty extreme and I didn't love it either because I'm a Tiger Claw fan. I am glad they went there but it was tough to see it done to Tiger Claw. Especially considering that having Casey destroy the cursed blades, that in affect made Tiger Claw lose the curse as well. It sure didn't help him any though did it! A minute later he gets his arm cut off!

Alopex was pretty cool, after I got passed what she did to Tiger Claw that is. I really like that she is also a reference to Ninjara and pretty much establishes that TMNT/Nick/Viacom don't have the rights to the character. I liked the reference to Raph acknowledging he liked her fighting when they first fought, but telling Chompy that she's no Mona Lisa either. I thought that was a great callback to Ninjara from the Archie Comics. I can't wait to see where both Alopex and Tiger Claw go next!
Old 02-14-2017, 07:45 AM   #102
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I hope this is as far as the show goes with the mutilation of characters, It can be quite too much, and to the point it can get annoying.

The last time we had something like this was with the 2003 series, When Baxter Stockman kept getting mutilated after certain episodes, Then all that was left of him was a brain in a jar.

I think the show will jump the shark, if at some point TigerClaw ends up being a half mutant tiger, half cyborg.
Yeah, lets not go full Image comics here.

We know that Tiger Claw gets a metal arm to replace the one he lost. That'll probably be all it is though, not some metal arm that shoots lasers or something.

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 08:32 AM   #103
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Feels very late to explain his background now.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 09:37 AM   #104
TheJ-manTurtleMan
Stone Warrior

I was really looking forward to this episode, but it left me disappointed. Like others have said, it felt like it had too much, and at the same time not enough.

Here's my thoughts on it:
https://youtu.be/QGNB_VhjKuM

"I love a little hot sauce on my pizza! I love a little hot sauce yes I dooo!"
TheJ-manTurtleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 02:20 PM   #105
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
not really. The character is still relevant and actively shown.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 02:55 PM   #106
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Would you rather they not show it at all?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 03:04 PM   #107
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by THGhost View Post
Yeah, lets not go full Image comics here.

We know that Tiger Claw gets a metal arm to replace the one he lost. That'll probably be all it is though, not some metal arm that shoots lasers or something.
I really hope it wasn't to sell more toys, They have TigerClaw fiigures that were with and without the eye patch, now I have a feeling they are gonna sell figures with not only the eye patch, but a metal arm as well.

I'm curious what lead to the decision to change TigerClaw's appearance throughout the series, Was it the creators intention, or was it Playmates insisting on some changes to sell more toys?

We all know that Playmates had some influence on what was showing on the original series back in the days.

It seems that TigerClaw is the only character with physical changes from the entire series.

Though Rahzar had two physical changes during the series, But TigerClaw has been mutilated twice, but is still the same person.

Fortunately it only happened twice this time around, which is unfortunate for Baxter Stockman in the 2003 series, whose been mutilated multiple times, That series went to some really dark places.

Last edited by TigerClaw; 02-14-2017 at 03:11 PM.
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 04:21 PM   #108
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
I really hope it wasn't to sell more toys, They have TigerClaw fiigures that were with and without the eye patch, now I have a feeling they are gonna sell figures with not only the eye patch, but a metal arm as well.

I'm curious what lead to the decision to change TigerClaw's appearance throughout the series, Was it the creators intention, or was it Playmates insisting on some changes to sell more toys?

We all know that Playmates had some influence on what was showing on the original series back in the days.

It seems that TigerClaw is the only character with physical changes from the entire series.

Though Rahzar had two physical changes during the series, But TigerClaw has been mutilated twice, but is still the same person.

Fortunately it only happened twice this time around, which is unfortunate for Baxter Stockman in the 2003 series, whose been mutilated multiple times, That series went to some really dark places.
Personally, I feel it's karma from a character perspective and being punished because of how far gone he's becoming. He's done many terrible things. He knows right from wrong and seemed weary over Shredder's ways and didn't seem like he always agreed with him, but would go along with him anyway. He also seems to lack honor. Compare him before and after Wormquake. He attacked a blind guy. I honestly couldn't see pre-Wormquake Tigerclaw doing that.

I just feel that being around Shredder has really corrupted him due Shredder's influence. The fact he was going to shoot Alopex in the back after being shown mercy was very cowardly and, of course, dishonorable.

I'm probably looking too much into it, but it just feels like karma to me. It's like working for Shredder is the straw that broke karma's back saying that "dude, ditch the mutant cheese grater. It's not good for you."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Knuckles View Post
This was an interesting episode. I did get a little annoyed with the whole Raph's anger clouds his intuition thing. And it's not just this show but pretty much all incarnations of the TMNT where Raph having an anger issue is the one thing that's brought up constantly to make him have a weakness. I understand Raph needs a weakness but I am getting a little tired of anger being the weakness and the reason why he couldn't be the most skilled turtle, say over Leo for instance. I just wish they'd also show the benefits of Raph using his anger more as well. It can be a very effective weapon in a battle too ya know.
I don't think it's anger...feels more like emotions in general. Raph is pretty emotional compared to the other three, IMO.

All that aside, maybe Splinter just indirectly gave them (Donnie and Raph) the ok to drink to "help" with their intuition and do special training Man, I want to see a drunk, mellowed out Raph. lol

Last edited by ssjup81; 02-15-2017 at 04:55 AM.
Old 02-15-2017, 11:38 AM   #109
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:

Don't forget Rahzar used to be Dogpound.

A toy company having so much control on a cartoon just seems silly to me. Curse this corporate world we live in.

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

Old 02-15-2017, 12:36 PM   #110
matteso586
Stone Warrior

I just realized something! April had premonition powers since The Deadly Venom.
matteso586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 12:38 PM   #111
Atren
Random Punk

I disliked this episode.

Tiger Claw characterization was questionable and I disliked that Alopex had super speed. As some have already mentioned Casey plot was waste.

Hopefully next ones will be better.
Atren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 12:57 PM   #112
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteso586 View Post
I just realized something! April had premonition powers since The Deadly Venom.
No one cares. And she's had those before that.
Old 02-15-2017, 03:13 PM   #113
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atren View Post
I disliked this episode.

Tiger Claw characterization was questionable and I disliked that Alopex had super speed. As some have already mentioned Casey plot was waste.

Hopefully next ones will be better.
Why was Tiger Claw's characterisation questionable?

Also Alopex having super speed is fine, what's wrong with it? It helps set her apart from other mutants.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 03:31 PM   #114
ssjup81
Foot Elite

You know, if they put Alopex in TMNT Legends, I could see her in the Orange class along with characters like Mikey, LARP Raph, VQ Leo, Mondo Gecko, Nick Bebop, Xever, etc.
Old 02-15-2017, 03:39 PM   #115
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMutant View Post
No one cares. And she's had those before that.
Obviously you do or else you wouldn't have mentioned this.
Old 02-15-2017, 05:25 PM   #116
THGhost
Puppet Master

I like Tiger Claw's backstory. I don't see how it's "questionable" at all.

Old 02-15-2017, 05:39 PM   #117
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
Obviously you do or else you wouldn't have mentioned this.
Damn, you got me like how I got Autobot doing it to him. Still though, it's something we've seen already, it really was a waste of a post personally.

Need to watch this episode still.
Old 02-16-2017, 01:45 PM   #118
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by THGhost View Post
Oooh, I'm liking Alopex's arctic look in the IDW comics. Looking forward to finally starting them.

I'm glad Andre cleared up what happened with Tiger Claw. I couldn't quite tell that his arm was cut off. That's nasty!

I gotcha covered, oldmanwinters:

Thanks, ThGhost!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 02:19 PM   #119
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Verminator X

Quote:
I think the show will jump the shark, if at some point TigerClaw ends up being a half mutant tiger, half cyborg.
Maybe Tigerclaw will become this series' Verminator X (with that name)?
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 02:37 PM   #120
Vicky82
Emperor

A few months back there were photos of the TMNT Autograph wall were all the stars sign it, one of autographs was Verminator Rex and the voice actor signature but it aint Eric Bauza's signature as you can see his signature with Tiger Claw.

Found it, you see Verminator Rex at the bottom centre of the poster.

Pic is too big so it's under spoiler tags

Spoiler:

Last edited by Vicky82; 02-16-2017 at 02:44 PM.
Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote