AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

TMNT: The Armageddon Game #2 Preview and Discussion

Preview here.
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 03:09 PM   #2
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

Wasn't expecting to see Torbin Zixx. Even duped the Nova Posse the same way he did Raph multiple times in Fast Forward.

Also, CUDLEY!
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 04:00 PM   #3
CyberCubed
Overlord

If you weren't well versed in TMNT lore, you'd honestly forget you were looking at TMNT characters in this issue, half these characters would fit right in with Guardians of the Galaxy or some other Marvel sci-fi movie.

I honestly laughed how Shredder didn't say one word in this issue until the very end, he felt so out of place with all the sci-fi characters here. I'm more curious how they plan to juggle 100 characters into one narrative. The roster is packed here, and you can already see in this issue they had difficulty fitting everything in that some things only got 1 page (like Karai, and Old Hob), and nothing on Krang/Leatherhead in this issue.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 04:18 PM   #4
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
If you weren't well versed in TMNT lore, you'd honestly forget you were looking at TMNT characters in this issue, half these characters would fit right in with Guardians of the Galaxy or some other Marvel sci-fi movie.

I honestly laughed how Shredder didn't say one word in this issue until the very end, he felt so out of place with all the sci-fi characters here. I'm more curious how they plan to juggle 100 characters into one narrative. The roster is packed here, and you can already see in this issue they had difficulty fitting everything in that some things only got 1 page (like Karai, and Old Hob), and nothing on Krang/Leatherhead in this issue.
To be fair Krang/Leatherhead are getting some focus in the next issue and we've got Karai in the first Alliance issue in two weeks time so they'll have some time to shine.
Old 10-26-2022, 09:39 PM   #5
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Yeah this story is tackling a lot considering all the disparate characters and settings involved. So far so good though
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 05:32 AM   #6
CyberCubed
Overlord

I mean the cast was already insanely largely, but introducing even more new characters like Torbin Zixx and all of Nova Posse in this arc is kind of a lot. This and bringing back those Darkwater characters too.

It's crazy how they can juggle all these characters at once.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 08:57 AM   #7
ChosenOne
Banned

Me being me, I can only hope this whole thing will culminate in a massive brawl with everyone versus everyone. Like #100, only larger in scale.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 02:52 PM   #8
TomWaltz
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I mean the cast was already insanely largely, but introducing even more new characters like Torbin Zixx and all of Nova Posse in this arc is kind of a lot. This and bringing back those Darkwater characters too.

It's crazy how they can juggle all these characters at once.
More like it makes ME crazy (and my fellow creators) to juggle all these characters...especially when I adore each and every one, no matter how big or small, and do whatever I can to get them all "screen time".

But I do love the challenge and I'm eternally grateful for the opportunity.

Thanks for reading!

Talk soon...

Tom W.
TomWaltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 08:09 PM   #9
Boco
New Recruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomWaltz View Post
More like it makes ME crazy (and my fellow creators) to juggle all these characters...especially when I adore each and every one, no matter how big or small, and do whatever I can to get them all "screen time".

But I do love the challenge and I'm eternally grateful for the opportunity.

Thanks for reading!

Talk soon...

Tom W.
Tom, I gotta know...was that Garbageman from the 4kids show? Did you really make that deep a cut?
Boco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2022, 02:52 AM   #10
TomWaltz
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boco View Post
Tom, I gotta know...was that Garbageman from the 4kids show? Did you really make that deep a cut?
That was him, yep. But I can't take full credit -- our good friend at Nickelodeon, Jeff Whitman, recommended we include him, as my script described a similar character and Jeff said, "Hey, there's already a guy like this in TMNT lore!" It was a great suggestion!

Thanks for reading!

Talk soon...

Tom W.
TomWaltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 09:08 AM   #11
martinitolove
Foot Soldier

Garbageman is great - a very unique character! There was a second episode where he was going to appear in the last season (as a brother to an established character - don't remember wich, though), but the script was too gruesome and was not produced in the end. I love it that you always include characters from all over the lore. Hope to see the Ancient One soon - in a major role!
martinitolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 02:02 PM   #12
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

The turtles still trust me after evrything i have done. Now that i make new allies in dimension x iwill use them to conquer earth and kill the turltes! MUHAHHAAHHA!
Old 10-30-2022, 02:49 PM   #13
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomWaltz View Post
That was him, yep. But I can't take full credit -- our good friend at Nickelodeon, Jeff Whitman, recommended we include him, as my script described a similar character and Jeff said, "Hey, there's already a guy like this in TMNT lore!" It was a great suggestion!

Thanks for reading!

Talk soon...

Tom W.
Huh, I didn't realise it was him, I just assumed he was a random Mojo homage. Is he still a human being or just some alien?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 06:38 PM   #14
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinitolove View Post
Garbageman is great - a very unique character! There was a second episode where he was going to appear in the last season (as a brother to an established character - don't remember wich, though), but the script was too gruesome and was not produced in the end. I love it that you always include characters from all over the lore. Hope to see the Ancient One soon - in a major role!
Third. Junklantis was the second.
Old 10-31-2022, 02:41 AM   #15
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinitolove View Post
He was going to be Hun's brother.
Old 10-31-2022, 03:04 AM   #16
Ninjinister
無問題

So what's got Burne slimmed down so fast? Asking for me, I can't exercise much after a recent surgery.
Old 10-31-2022, 01:47 PM   #17
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
So what's got Burne slimmed down so fast? Asking for me, I can't exercise much after a recent surgery.

NutriSystem? Just kidding, I don't recommend it.

Prolonged hospital stays, for one, will slim you down fast. Wars too. Maybe he was a correspondent in Ukraine and just got back.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 06:42 AM   #18
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Just had the chance to read it last night. There was a feeling that had been present in the pre-City at War storylines. It was a perfect blending of what came before, the Neutrinos lead Michelangelo, Leonardo, and Saki to the volcanic asteroid which served a cantina/space port referring to the 1987 cartoon and they run into Torbin Zixx referring to the 2003 cartoon and another call back to the 1987 cartoon as he was shipping grybx. It turns out this 2003 cartoon character is being hunted by the Archie Comic characters, The Nova Squadron. All the while despite the references across the TMNT multiverse it was its own thing and it did not disservice the characters it used. It was a fun, thrilling read with so much going on. I felt like I got the comic back that I had read in the 2010s'. I wanted to see the like of The Punk Frogs and Groundchuck and Dirtbag, but not the way they appeared as plot advancement fodder. I am excited for IDW's TMNT again...outside of its ongoing.