The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 03-23-2022, 06:01 PM   #81
MattOnWheels
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Let's all just agree to disagree. The majority of readership felt alienated after enjoying a run that fans of the black and white comics and the 1987 cartoon could both enjoy. See you all for The Armageddon Game, until then peace out.
See, on this we can agree. I do think the comic is a different beast right now, but that's all it is: Different. Now, if that's not one's cup of tea, fine. It's when some people swear that there's an evil SJW conspiracy to "Woke"-ify everything that I have to laugh. It's really not that big a deal. There is no one trying to ruin TMNT for you on purpose. It's just not your thing and that's ok. Rise wasn't my thing either. Yknow? (Not saying you're one of those fans)

There is valid critique, and then there's saying "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU PUT A PINK HAIRED COMMIE IN CHARGE OF MUH TURTLES!11!!" Which sadly, is an actual opinion i've seen out there, and worse.
MattOnWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 06:05 PM   #82
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
It's a side job. Also NOW who's homophobic ya twat?
Aww, did I hurt the poor widdle meathead's feewings? Can't take the same crap you dish out on a daily basis?

Cry me a river chump.
Old 03-23-2022, 06:07 PM   #83
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattOnWheels View Post
See, on this we can agree. I do think the comic is a different beast right now, but that's all it is: Different. Now, if that's not one's cup of tea, fine. It's when some people swear that there's an evil SJW conspiracy to "Woke"-ify everything that I have to laugh. It's really not that big a deal. There is no one trying to ruin TMNT for you on purpose. It's just not your thing and that's ok. Rise wasn't my thing either. Yknow? (Not saying you're one of those fans)

There is valid critique, and then there's saying "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU PUT A PINK HAIRED COMMIE IN CHARGE OF MUH TURTLES!11!!" Which sadly, is an actual opinion i've seen out there, and worse.
The difference is, Rise was its own thing. It wasn't season 6 of the 2012 show or anything.

Imagine having a show where season 1-4 is like the 2012 show.... then for whatever reason season 5-7 is Rise and then season 8 is finally getting back to the 2012 show.

After a while it's like.... ok, who is this for, because this TMNT show sure isn't for anyone that likes the TMNT.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 06:08 PM   #84
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattOnWheels View Post
It's when some people swear that there's an evil SJW conspiracy to "Woke"-ify everything that I have to laugh.
You don't really pay much attention to how IDW's been doing business the last few years, I'm guessing.

I mean, I'm sure 875 gay and "nonbinary" Autobots is all just a big coincidence. Which reminds me, I'd better go make sure my toaster isn't trying to have Gay Sex with my coffee maker, since apparently not only can machines have sexual feelings but those feelings are almost always homosexual. Or so says the people writing the Transformers book, at least.

After a while, you have to be trying on purpose NOT to notice these things. And if a person needs it explained to them why that stuff is dumb... then they're simply beyond help. That's as nice as I can be about it.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 06:11 PM   #85
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I am curious how much of a 'clean sweep' this will be. Like will someone be able to get up to TMNT issue 100 or whatever and then skip straight to issue.... whatever issue this Armaggon stuff starts and not miss too much other than the basic knowledge that Mutant Town is a thing?

Like other than the Bebop and Rocksteady stuff, has anything significant happened to Hob, Karai, Koya, Bludgeon?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 03-23-2022, 06:15 PM   #86
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypered1 View Post
Aww, did I hurt the poor widdle meathead's feewings? Can't take the same crap you dish out on a daily basis?

Cry me a river chump.
If I had any feelings, it would take a lot more than your limp-dicked scribbles to hurt them, Sally. Your jabs are as soft as all the soy and estrogen has made your penis. Or so your Mom tells me when we cuddle.

Seriously, you'd think losers who do nothing but sit around circle-jerking on Tumblr and Twitter all day would actually be able to craft a proper insult, but you keep throwing cotton balls at me and acting like they're bombs. It's actually kind of sad. But then again, the whole entire Tide Pod generation is kind of defined by weakness and having no idea how to handle confrontation.

You're embarrassing yourself with this. I'm very sorry your girlfriend is busy having a train run on her by a bunch of Real Men and therefore you have nothing else to do, but this can't possibly be the most productive use of your time.

Old 03-23-2022, 06:18 PM   #87
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I am curious how much of a 'clean sweep' this will be. Like will someone be able to get up to TMNT issue 100 or whatever and then skip straight to issue.... whatever issue this Armaggon stuff starts and not miss too much other than the basic knowledge that Mutant Town is a thing?

Like other than the Bebop and Rocksteady stuff, has anything significant happened to Hob, Karai, Koya, Bludgeon?
I believe the Armageddon Game is the next arc after the current one going by the solicitations for the FCBD issue and the Opening Moves two-parter starting in June, that and Tom Waltz has that it's coming this year and there will only be six more issues for this year after the current arc ends in #130.

ie. 125-130 (Jan-June) Frogs/Venus arc > 131-136 (July-Dec) Armageddon Game.
Old 03-23-2022, 07:08 PM   #88
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
(...) whatever issue this Armaggon stuff starts (...)
Dude... My eyes immediately latched on to that one misspelled word and I was shrieking like a schoolgirl the whole time I was reading up and down this page and the previous one to see what kind of announcement had been made today... Don't do it. Don't give me hope.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 07:11 PM   #89
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Dude... My eyes immediately latched on to that one misspelled word and I was shrieking like a schoolgirl the whole time I was reading up and down this page and the previous one to see what kind of announcement had been made today... Don't do it. Don't give me hope.
Oh ****. I thought the whole thing was about Armaggon..... The whole time I thought you guys were talking about the Amaggon War. Then what the **** is this Armageddon War about? Is it just the whatever group Rat King and Kitsuna are a member of finally doing something?

Old 03-23-2022, 07:26 PM   #90
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Oh ****. I thought the whole thing was about Armaggon..... The whole time I thought you guys were talking about the Amaggon War. Then what the **** is this Armageddon War about? Is it just the whatever group Rat King and Kitsuna are a member of finally doing something?
It's about the Rat King, having seen that his siblings lost interest in their power plays, deciding to recruit Stockman, Null and LeatherKrang to make his big move while Saki tries to counter with some allies of his own. At least AFAWK.
Old 03-23-2022, 07:34 PM   #91
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
It's about the Rat King, having seen that his siblings lost interest in their power plays, deciding to recruit Stockman, Null and LeatherKrang to make his big move while Saki tries to counter with some allies of his own. At least AFAWK.
Null?????? Oh snap.

Also is this the new revived 'reformed' Shredder? So is he gonna pull a Magneto and recruit the Turtles?

Old 03-23-2022, 07:37 PM   #92
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Null?????? Oh snap.

Also is this the new revived 'reformed' Shredder? So is he gonna pull a Magneto and recruit the Turtles?
All signs point to yes, and not just the Turtles either. He's gonna bring in IDW Cherubae and the Nova Posse in an upcoming two-parter.
Old 03-23-2022, 07:39 PM   #93
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
All signs point to yes, and not just the Turtles either. He's gonna bring in IDW Cherubae in an upcoming two-parter.
Why not the Archie Cherubae? She is supposed to be transdimensional.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 07:40 PM   #94
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Why not the Archie Cherubae? She is supposed to be transdimensional.
It's possible, but then why not pull a Turtleverse and bring in the Archie Turtles too?
Old 03-23-2022, 07:43 PM   #95
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
It's possible, but then why not pull a Turtleverse and bring in the Archie Turtles too?
Because they can't freely travel the multiverse?
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 07:48 PM   #96
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Wasn't this Renet and Savanti the actual Mirage Renet and Savanti? The same could apply to Cherubae.

Old 03-23-2022, 09:01 PM   #97
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Because they can't freely travel the multiverse?
They can with Cudley.
Old 03-23-2022, 09:05 PM   #98
MattOnWheels
Thug

Quote:
You don't really pay much attention to how IDW's been doing business the last few years, I'm guessing.

I mean, I'm sure 875 gay and "nonbinary" Autobots is all just a big coincidence. Which reminds me, I'd better go make sure my toaster isn't trying to have Gay Sex with my coffee maker, since apparently not only can machines have sexual feelings but those feelings are almost always homosexual. Or so says the people writing the Transformers book, at least.

After a while, you have to be trying on purpose NOT to notice these things. And if a person needs it explained to them why that stuff is dumb... then they're simply beyond help. That's as nice as I can be about it.
Can't agree, and thats as nice as I can be about it.
Old 03-23-2022, 09:36 PM   #99
Leo656
The Franchise

Well, unfortunately there's no law on the books yet against having bad opinions.

No but seriously, cars and robots and robots who turn into cars by definition can't have a "sexual identity". I don't know who said otherwise but they were misinformed, and IDW is complicit in spreading such nonsense.

I'd have more to say about this but I caught my blender giving the espresso machine the bedroom eyes and I gotta go give them both a long talking to.

Old 03-23-2022, 11:58 PM   #100
MattOnWheels
Thug

Quote:
Well, unfortunately there's no law on the books yet against having bad opinions.

No but seriously, cars and robots and robots who turn into cars by definition can't have a "sexual identity". I don't know who said otherwise but they were misinformed, and IDW is complicit in spreading such nonsense.

I'd have more to say about this but I caught my blender giving the espresso machine the bedroom eyes and I gotta go give them both a long talking to.
Cars also can't turn into robots and then turn into CGI animals, either.