The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 09-22-2020, 12:30 PM   #1501
mikey see
Mad Scientist

So, show of hands: who here pre-ordered April?

She was the only figure I hadn't ordered but after I got wave 1 in my hands this weekend I was excited and ready to go all-in. Then I looked up the pics again and... oof. I just can't. I can't! It's a fine representation of the vintage figure but the vintage figure was not good. I think if they had an alternate head with her and made her a little less bulky I could feel ok about the purchase but as it stands right now she'll be the first figure I'm just skipping.

(Ironically the vintage figure is one of the few standard figures I skipped as well)
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 12:44 PM   #1502
italianice388
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post

She was the only figure I hadn't ordered but after I got wave 1 in my hands this weekend I was excited and ready to go all-in. Then I looked up the pics again and... oof. I just can't. I can't! It's a fine representation of the vintage figure but the vintage figure was not good. I think if they had an alternate head with her and made her a little less bulky I could feel ok about the purchase but as it stands right now she'll be the first figure I'm just skipping.

(Ironically the vintage figure is one of the few standard figures I skipped as well)
yeah, not me.

i skipped splinter, shredder, and april so far.

i'm less interested in these sculpts. i'm in this line for weird mutants.
italianice388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 12:50 PM   #1503
mikey0
Foot Elite

Why wouldn’t it be Krang? Krang should be next in line after Shredder, Bebop, Rocksteady, and even Baxter Stockman. That is unless there is a pattern I’m missing here:

Wave 1
Raph (turtle)
Foot Soldier (well needed Foot Clan figure)
Baxter Stockman (mutant foe)
Splinter (team turtles)

Wave 2
Leo (turtle)
Bebop (another well needed Foot Clan figure)
Mutagen Man (mutant foe)
Shredder (turning the tables around for this wave)

Wave 3
Mike (turtle)
Rocksteady (well needed Foot Clan figure)
Metalhead (robotic ally)
April (back to wave 1 technique)

Wave 4
Don (turtle)
Triceraton (back to wave 2 technique)
Leatherhead (mutant foe)
Krang (well needed Foot Clan figure)

or

Wave 4
Don (turtle)
Casey Jones (human allly)
Krang w/ Mobile Support Life System(well needed Foot Clan figure)
Muckman (mutant foe and ally)

It would be nice if S7 did two good guys and two antagonist for each wave, but they could go the wave 2 route for wave 4. Teemu said Casey will be in wave 4, so it looks like Brian Flynn will be following the wave 1 formula.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 01:01 PM   #1504
Chris
Mad Scientist

My only reason for thinking it might not be Krang is to have him be the heavy hitter in wave 5, nothing more than that. There is no real pattern in the waves so far besides a Turtle in each. Maybe a Turtle and a big, weird mutant per wave (Baxter, Bebop, Rocksteady, Muckman but you could say Mutagen Man comes here as well so even that pattern is questionable). The hero/villain split has changed every wave so far.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 11:19 PM   #1505
Princess Anri
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
Why wouldn’t it be Krang? Krang should be next in line after Shredder, Bebop, Rocksteady, and even Baxter Stockman. That is unless there is a pattern I’m missing here:

Wave 1
Raph (turtle)
Foot Soldier (well needed Foot Clan figure)
Baxter Stockman (mutant foe)
Splinter (team turtles)

Wave 2
Leo (turtle)
Bebop (another well needed Foot Clan figure)
Mutagen Man (mutant foe)
Shredder (turning the tables around for this wave)

Wave 3
Mike (turtle)
Rocksteady (well needed Foot Clan figure)
Metalhead (robotic ally)
April (back to wave 1 technique)

Wave 4
Don (turtle)
Triceraton (back to wave 2 technique)
Leatherhead (mutant foe)
Krang (well needed Foot Clan figure)

or

Wave 4
Don (turtle)
Casey Jones (human allly)
Krang w/ Mobile Support Life System(well needed Foot Clan figure)
Muckman (mutant foe and ally)

It would be nice if S7 did two good guys and two antagonist for each wave, but they could go the wave 2 route for wave 4. Teemu said Casey will be in wave 4, so it looks like Brian Flynn will be following the wave 1 formula.
So, according to the "pattern," each wave will include a turtle, a villain, and some other stuff.

I agree with this analysis.

Casey: You want a fist in the mouth? I've never even looked at another guy before.
Princess Anri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 09:39 AM   #1506
teemu
Stone Warrior

Usagi Yojimbo is coming in 2021

and Turtles are planned through Wave 7.
teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 11:39 AM   #1507
italianice388
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemu View Post

whoa, big news! usagi yojimbo confirmed and 7 waves (at least) confirmed!

but please tell me we aren't going to start seeing turtle variants in this line...right?! at least not until all the cool mutant one-offs are done!

please tell me you mean donatello wave 4, slash wave 5, tokka wave 6, and some other exclusive non-teen foursome turtle mutant/robot i'm not thinking of for wave 7!
Old 09-23-2020, 11:40 AM   #1508
italianice388
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemu View Post

what else do you know? any chance you could give us a hint on when we're going to see the next wave?
Old 09-23-2020, 11:51 AM   #1509
Princess Anri
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianice388 View Post
but please tell me we aren't going to start seeing turtle variants in this line...right?! at least not until all the cool mutant one-offs are done!

please tell me you mean donatello wave 4, slash wave 5, tokka wave 6, and some other exclusive non-teen foursome turtle mutant/robot i'm not thinking of for wave 7!
I assume since it's through wave 7 (which is only three more waves after the basic 4 turtles) that this is true. Otherwise it means they'd only do three of the four turtle variants or put two turtle variants in one wave. And neither of those things seem likely.

Hopefully he knows more..

Casey: You want a fist in the mouth? I've never even looked at another guy before.
Princess Anri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 12:07 PM   #1510
italianice388
Stone Warrior

Ah, found the source of the info:

https://youtu.be/rBlTovm1eN4

Looks like it's going to be variants. Think undercover and space cadet. Not ideal for me personally, but glad people who want these are getting them. Just bummed that it means more padding and time between the cool weirdo mutant releases, which is what this line is about for me.
Old 09-23-2020, 12:12 PM   #1511
italianice388
Stone Warrior

Another takeaway is they're moving from a 3 month cadence to a 4 month cadence. This is bad news for me. The reasons they cited was so that fans could buy other Super7 releases and even NECA TMNT releases without getting burnt out.

Brian, all I want is TMNT Ultimates from Super7!
Old 09-23-2020, 12:25 PM   #1512
teemu
Stone Warrior

Quote:
what else do you know? any chance you could give us a hint on when we're going to see the next wave?
October- said it before
Old 09-23-2020, 12:33 PM   #1513
mikey see
Mad Scientist

That's fantastic news. That's four waves of unannounced figures (though we apparently mostly know wave 4). That leaves a lot of room for getting a bunch of the mutants I NEED. Slash, Triceraton, Ray Fillet, Traag, Wingnut, Muckman, Ace Duck, Usagi, Panda Khan, gimme gimme gimme.

When does wave 2 ship? It took almost a year to get wave 1 but I'm sure Covid slowed things considerably. It would be great if delivery was only about 4ish months after ordering.
Old 09-23-2020, 12:40 PM   #1514
mikey0
Foot Elite

Which wave is Usagi in?

Which turtle variant will be first?
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 01:55 PM   #1515
italianice388
Stone Warrior

Quote:
That's fantastic news. That's four waves of unannounced figures (though we apparently mostly know wave 4). That leaves a lot of room for getting a bunch of the mutants I NEED. Slash, Triceraton, Ray Fillet, Traag, Wingnut, Muckman, Ace Duck, Usagi, Panda Khan, gimme gimme gimme.

When does wave 2 ship? It took almost a year to get wave 1 but I'm sure Covid slowed things considerably. It would be great if delivery was only about 4ish months after ordering.
In the video, he said expect about 9 months after pre-orders close for the figures to be ready.
Old 09-23-2020, 02:10 PM   #1516
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Quote:
In the video, he said expect about 9 months after pre-orders close for the figures to be ready.
Oof. It'll be 2026 before we have all 7 planned waves in hand. I wish these followed the MOTUC model of one per month.
Old 09-23-2020, 02:22 PM   #1517
italianice388
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Oof. It'll be 2026 before we have all 7 planned waves in hand. I wish these followed the MOTUC model of one per month.
Same! I wish they were coming more frequently too.

That said, though, he did mention that they'd be announced every 4 months. So, set A is announced, then it's nine months till set A releases and 4 months till set B is announced - if that makes sense.
Old 09-23-2020, 02:27 PM   #1518
cloud
Stone Warrior

Quote:

I pre-ordered wave1,2,3. It's always the what if I want the figure later and can't be found. If I don't like it I can sell it at a discounted price. But rather be safe than sorry.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 02:37 PM   #1519
cloud
Stone Warrior

Quote:
whoa, big news! usagi yojimbo confirmed and 7 waves (at least) confirmed!

It's part of the charm. They will start making Turtle variants past wave 4. An undercover Don seems like a logical choice.
We'll probably see Slash. Tokka I am not sure as I don't think the toy showed up so early in the toy line.
I feel like there were more characters that came out in the vintage line before Tokka.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 02:42 PM   #1520
teemu
Stone Warrior

Quote:
When does wave 2 ship? .
Ships from the factory in Oct/November. In hand by December. (as long as Flynn is telling the truth)