The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 08-14-2016, 04:28 PM   #1001
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
SS took in 45 million in its second weekend. Thoughts?
http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmen...o#90f395b4f831
Same thing as BvS. This one won't have any legs at the box office.

- 79% Friday to Friday drop is huge
- The 67% weekend drop wasn't quite as bad as the BvS drop (69%)
- The movie made more Mon-Thurs than it did in its second weekend which is unheard of for these movies.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 04:34 PM   #1002
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Same thing as BvS. This one won't have any legs at the box office.

- 79% Friday to Friday drop is huge
- The 67% weekend drop wasn't quite as bad as the BvS drop (69%)
- The movie made more Mon-Thurs than it did in its second weekend which is unheard of for these movies.
I am rooting for this film. Yes, I prefer the Dawn of Justice characters, but this movie is unique and surprising much better. Hope it makes 600 million when all is said and done. The statistics seem negative or at least or written to be taken that way.
Old 08-14-2016, 07:43 PM   #1003
CyberCubed
Overlord

So it seems like Suicide Squad might fail to make back its budget after all. Bit of a pity, I really enjoyed Harley's performance, but at least she can still appear in the upcoming Batman solo flick.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 09:17 PM   #1004
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
http://www.blogcdn.com/slideshows/im...unicycle-1.jpg

This is just something I'll never be able to unsee.
That is hilarious. He does ‘quiet distain’ better than most.
Old 08-14-2016, 09:45 PM   #1005
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I don't think Suicide Squad will be hurting much when the smoke settles.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 01:14 AM   #1006
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

Budget $175 million[2]
Box office $465.4 million[3]

Call me crazy, but this doesn't seem bad to me.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 01:34 AM   #1007
Coola Yagami
Overlord

The Joker pretty much looked like a straight up G in bling but with a bit of laughter and clown make up. Um.... no. Plus they made it seem like he actually cared about and loved Harley to an extent. Um.... no.

I kinda felt the Joker/Harley 'sick romance' was to pander to the Hot Topic 'I wish I had a relationship like Joker and Harley' crowd, while in the comics, Joker doesn't give a damn about Harley and it's strictly one sided.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 06:52 AM   #1008
Shred Head
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
The Joker pretty much looked like a straight up G in bling but with a bit of laughter and clown make up. Um.... no. Plus they made it seem like he actually cared about and loved Harley to an extent. Um.... no.

I kinda felt the Joker/Harley 'sick romance' was to pander to the Hot Topic 'I wish I had a relationship like Joker and Harley' crowd, while in the comics, Joker doesn't give a damn about Harley and it's strictly one sided.
Yeah that was my major problem with the movie Joker was horrible I can see why they apparently cut alot of Jared Leto scenes he just plain sucked. I swear during that chemical bath make out scene I just wanted to scream "Joker wouldn't do that!" in the theater.

Part of me just hopes they recast both Jared Leto and Jesse Eisenberg and try to go with something more comic accurate no more trying to modernize things that just dont need to be modernized. I dont care how they explain it just get it done.

"Cold steel meets hot flesh! Thats why they call me Slash!"
Shred Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 07:36 AM   #1009
Electric
Epic Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shred Head View Post
Yeah that was my major problem with the movie Joker was horrible I can see why they apparently cut alot of Jared Leto scenes he just plain sucked. I swear during that chemical bath make out scene I just wanted to scream "Joker wouldn't do that!" in the theater.

Part of me just hopes they recast both Jared Leto and Jesse Eisenberg and try to go with something more comic accurate no more trying to modernize things that just dont need to be modernized. I dont care how they explain it just get it done.
I thought the chemical bath was incredibly joker like. Not caring about taking a second dip in it its to retrieve his new Harley Quinn seems incredibly accurate.

Leto did great. And you can dislike him all you want, they will not be recasting him in the DCEU
Old 08-15-2016, 10:58 AM   #1010
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-Man View Post
Budget $175 million[2]
Box office $465.4 million[3]

Call me crazy, but this doesn't seem bad to me.
Ehh... you're not really getting what those numbers mean, but still. It's not great but, unlike "Out of the Shadows" or "Ghostbusters" (2016) they will be walking away with a modest profit.
Old 08-15-2016, 11:14 AM   #1011
CyberCubed
Overlord

They said Suicide Squad needs to make $700-$800 million to break even. Its not there yet.
Old 08-15-2016, 11:15 AM   #1012
snake
Disgusting

I think the negative press for MOS and BVS really halted this movie's earnings.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 02:13 PM   #1013
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric View Post
I thought the chemical bath was incredibly joker like. Not caring about taking a second dip in it its to retrieve his new Harley Quinn seems incredibly accurate.

Leto did great. And you can dislike him all you want, they will not be recasting him in the DCEU
Except he didn't do a double dip in the comics. And I agree with the make out scene. I can imagine every Harley/Joker Hot Topic fangirl wet their drawers during that scene wishing their boyfriend was a homicidal clown. In the comics he only used and manipulated her so he could escape, she kinda forced herself to be his sidekick. In the movie it seems he did fall for her and took this 'you're joining me now' thing too seriously. He seemed genuinely concerned to get her back without any sort of selfish reason.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 03:39 PM   #1014
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
They said Suicide Squad needs to make $700-$800 million to break even. Its not there yet.
I don't see how. 175 million dollar production budget, 222 million made here, 243 million overseas, 465 total. Let's say high end on the marketing budget and call it 100 million... 275 total budget, then.

At only weekend #2 we can assume that WB got the lion's share of that domestic box office vs. theaters' cuts. I'd say at least 180 million of it. And even if we were to say that WB only gets half of the overseas' box office... that's still another 121 million, a cool 301 million total box office in WB's pockets, offsetting the 275 total budget and not even taking into consideration things like endorsements, product placement (and there was a lot of it in the movie), etc.. And it's still chugging along into weekend #3.

Only way it doesn't make its money back is if that production budget number isn't taking into account all the reportedly "expensive" reshoots they did.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 08-15-2016 at 04:19 PM.
Old 08-15-2016, 03:48 PM   #1015
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Just got back from seeing the movie. I enjoyed it way more than BvS, totally doesn't deserve the amount of negative reviews its been getting. Harley was my favorite.

I give it a 3.5/5

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 04:35 PM   #1016
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
I think the negative press for MOS and BVS really halted this movie's earnings.
Sure, but so too did word of mouth. It ultimately stopped me from going to see it, & if you've been following this thread you'd know I've been psyched for months.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 05:09 PM   #1017
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Sure, but so too did word of mouth. It ultimately stopped me from going to see it, & if you've been following this thread you'd know I've been psyched for months.
I still haven't seen it, so the word of mouth is doing something.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 05:15 PM   #1018
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I think you would like the movie, Powder, you should probably go see it.
Old 08-15-2016, 05:16 PM   #1019
ToTheNines
[sic]

I'm in the same boat as y'all. I still want to see it, and probably will, but it's nothing urgent at this point.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 05:35 PM   #1020
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I think you would like the movie, Powder, you should probably go see it.
I don't doubt that, but like, bleh... The main draw for me lays mostly on the cutting room floor, so my enthusiasm (read; willingness to pay $10) has died down. I'm really cheap about going to the movies, due in part to the fact my local theater is ballsweat. Everything there is of a horrible quality, so you don't exactly get that impulsive feeling to go enjoy a movie.

I will definitely still peep it through Redbox or something when I can, though.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
critics are right, critics are wrong, cybercubedthecritic, cybercubedthesadist, dc comics, echo cubed, fantastic casting, leto=joker, romero>leto, thread for 12 year olds