The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2017, 05:24 PM   #1081
CyberCubed
Overlord

People easily forget 2k3 Casey became really dumb comic relief too as the series went on, and it happened as early as halfway into Season 2.
Old 09-04-2017, 11:40 PM   #1082
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
I hated Mike in Nick's show. I kind of disliked him in 2k3 series, but he was sometimes genuinely funny and tolerable to a point. In Nick - he was insufferable idiot, to the point, where he came of as a mentally ill kid, who had no business in being ninja.
THIS.

I feel exactly the same way. He was so childish and idiotic. Even when he got "serious" (like in Dimension X where he was suddenly this capable guy who does things right and his brothers are the ones who can't) it all feels really insincere. How are we supposed to believe someone that brain-dead and stupid can suddenly take things seriously when a few minutes ago he was acting like some sort of toddler?

I really hate the way Nick handled Mikey and hope future iterations try to stay as far away as possible from the "characterization" they gave him.
Old 09-05-2017, 12:25 AM   #1083
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
I really hate the way Nick handled Mikey and hope future iterations try to stay as far away as possible from the "characterization" they gave him.
I wouldn't put my money on it - next iterations are sort "absorb" stuff from previous versions of franchise and characterizations usually carry on from one series to another, with some new stuff added.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
People easily forget 2k3 Casey became really dumb comic relief too as the series went on, and it happened as early as halfway into Season 2.
It was not so bad as in case with Mike in Nick series.
Old 09-05-2017, 01:02 AM   #1084
JH24
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
True, but at least he did get development as the series progressed. From what I remember he was more mature and capable around season 4. Leo teaming up with Casey, Casey confronting Hun and showing mercy, Casey visiting his dad's grave and with the turtles watching from a distance, his relationship with April progressed, and he even learned martial arts when the turtles were gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Casey I saw as the worst because he was often portrayed as arrogant and never really had any depth to him. I think that's why a lot of people really wanted to see moments with him with his dad and little sister because it would have given him more depth as a character to see that side of him, but we never do and probably never will.

I entirely agree with you. While Nick Casey had a few moments to shine (Neutralizer in season 2, Hun in Shredder's factory) his personality/character never developed. He's still the same and we still don't know anything about his background, which is a shame.

Last edited by JH24; 09-05-2017 at 01:21 AM.
Old 09-05-2017, 02:12 AM   #1085
Vicky82
Emperor

Mikey hasn't made any silly mistakes since season 3. He did made 2 misjudgedment mistakes in season 4. Journey into his mind when he said something that he shouldn't have, which got him into danger and in Bat in the Belfry where he wanted to be proven right about April Crystal. So far Season 5 has been perfect for him.

So to anyone who's been complaining about Mikey and haven't watched any episodes for a very long time, go watch season 5.

Old 09-05-2017, 04:44 AM   #1086
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
THIS.

I feel exactly the same way. He was so childish and idiotic. Even when he got "serious" (like in Dimension X where he was suddenly this capable guy who does things right and his brothers are the ones who can't) it all feels really insincere. How are we supposed to believe someone that brain-dead and stupid can suddenly take things seriously when a few minutes ago he was acting like some sort of toddler?

yep, agreed......it felt like them saying 'see, our mikey can be smart too!' no, he really can't. you showed that for two years.
Old 09-05-2017, 10:45 AM   #1087
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
THIS.

Any version of TMNT that begins with "party dude Mikey" has already lost all credibility right out of the gate, in my book.
Old 09-05-2017, 11:03 AM   #1088
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Casey I saw as the worst because he was often portrayed as arrogant and never really had any depth to him. I think that's why a lot of people really wanted to see moments with him with his dad and little sister because it would have given him more depth as a character to see that side of him, but we never do and probably never will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JH24 View Post
True, but at least he did get development as the series progressed. From what I remember he was more mature and capable around season 4. Leo teaming up with Casey, Casey confronting Hun and showing mercy, Casey visiting his dad's grave and with the turtles watching from a distance, his relationship with April progressed, and he even learned martial arts when the turtles were gone.

I entirely agree with you. While Nick Casey had a few moments to shine (Neutralizer in season 2, Hun in Shredder's factory) his personality/character never developed. He's still the same and we still don't know anything about his background, which is a shame.
Quote:
THIS.

Agree with all of these!
Old 09-05-2017, 11:18 AM   #1089
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

How do we want Michelangelo portrayed? Laird forced all the comedic relief on Michelangelo in the 2003 cartoon to match the Turtles the way he prefers them and Michelangelo was the turtle left over. Nick took it and ran with it. We need more of his athleticism and caring nature.
Old 09-05-2017, 11:29 AM   #1090
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

How we want Mikey to be portrayed is immaterial. He will remain, forever, pizza/cowabunga/goofy/stupid.

How he SHOULD be portrayed is as sensitive, caring, and creative, writing, with a pet cat named Klunk, babysitting Casey and April's kid, showing alien princesses around Earth.
Old 09-05-2017, 11:34 AM   #1091
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post

How he SHOULD be portrayed is as sensitive, caring, and creative, writing, with a pet cat named Klunk, babysitting Casey and April's kid, showing alien princesses around Earth.
And having sex with her

Nick Mikey is 3 out of 6 from that, he is sensitive, caring and has a cat but not named Klunk and is made of ice cream.

Old 09-05-2017, 11:37 AM   #1092
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
How we want Mikey to be portrayed is immaterial. He will remain, forever, pizza/cowabunga/goofy/stupid.

Pretty much this.

Unfortunately the kind of Mike I'd like isn't one that most people would find very entertaining.

I want a mother hen/peace keeper Mike. The one who gets Don out of his work shop, and Leo out of the dojo, and Raph out of his funks. He's the guy who plays the fool for the sake of group cohesion. The Ferris Bueller of the family.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 09-05-2017, 11:54 AM   #1093
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Pretty much this.

Unfortunately the kind of Mike I'd like isn't one that most people would find very entertaining.

I want a mother hen/peace keeper Mike. The one who gets Don out of his work shop, and Leo out of the dojo, and Raph out of his funks. He's the guy who plays the fool for the sake of group cohesion. The Ferris Bueller of the family.
Mikey should be the turtle who wants a normal "human" life of writing, family, and pet-owning while his brothers are doing science with Utroms, practicing ninjitsu for the thousandth time, or drinking brewskis and punching walls.
Old 09-05-2017, 11:58 AM   #1094
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:

Its all good except the stupid bit. Don is the brainiac, whay cant the others be of normal human intelligence. You are getting to Mirage-esque with Casey and April's kid being babysat and chaperoning an alien princess.

I really want to see his athleticism showcased.
Old 09-05-2017, 12:06 PM   #1095
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Its all good except the stupid bit. Don is the brainiac
Not to the level he is in most things.

Quote:
I really want to see his athleticism showcased.
They should all be equally athletic. It wasn't like this Turtle got a different training regime than that Turtle when they were being trained by Splinter in the sewer, or anything. That's dumb. I mean, maybe one Turtle spends a little extra time lifting weights or something in his "off" time, but I can't imagine this big gulf between any of them.
Old 09-05-2017, 01:55 PM   #1096
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

The stupidy of Michelangelo makes him a easier target for me. He will never be serious. He is stupid. Just wait until october where you will see the 2018 version of him. He is as stupid and childish as he always been
Old 09-05-2017, 02:01 PM   #1097
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
The stupidy of Michelangelo makes him a easier target for me. He will never be serious. He is stupid. Just wait until october where you will see the 2018 version of him. He is as stupid and childish as he always been
Old 09-05-2017, 02:38 PM   #1098
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Not to the level he is in most things.

They should all be equally athletic. It wasn't like this Turtle got a different training regime than that Turtle when they were being trained by Splinter in the sewer, or anything. That's dumb. I mean, maybe one Turtle spends a little extra time lifting weights or something in his "off" time, but I can't imagine this big gulf between any of them.
What I mean is, Leonardo is the best disciplined and overall martial artist while Raphael is the strongest and Donatello is the academically gifted who used analyzation in battle. Michelangelo can have agility because he practices x-game sports like skateboarding and surfing. That way each turtle has a particular attribute that makes them unique in battle.
Old 09-09-2017, 10:30 AM   #1099
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Mikey hasn't made any silly mistakes since season 3. He did made 2 misjudgedment mistakes in season 4. Journey into his mind when he said something that he shouldn't have, which got him into danger and in Bat in the Belfry where he wanted to be proven right about April Crystal. So far Season 5 has been perfect for him.

So to anyone who's been complaining about Mikey and haven't watched any episodes for a very long time, go watch season 5.
It's not just silly mistakes he's made, he still acts immature and idiotic in a failed attempt to be the shows comic relief.
Old 09-09-2017, 02:33 PM   #1100
CyberCubed
Overlord

Given how quickly Nick is airing the end of the current cartoon, now I wonder if we might see the 2018 cartoon debut earlier than expected. We might get the first episodes early next year, like by March or something. Even if it's only the first 1-2 episodes as a preview event.
Closed Thread

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation, we're crimefighters