The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 10-21-2014, 12:25 AM   #81
cloud
Stone Warrior

This feels like the same idea as Kidrobot where they offered a non blind box glow in the dark version of the Turtles, Shredder and Spinter which does help fans that don't want to go through the blind box hassle to obtain the most popular characters.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 01:07 PM   #82
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior

Shelf date on the website now listed as 11/15/14. Stop teasing me TLS!

Anyways, they will be giving the attendees of the Stan Lee Comicaze convention this weekend first crack at this line.
Lil Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 10:36 PM   #83
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior

They're heeeerrrrrrreeee!!

and even more awesome than I expected! I've posted the extras from my case for sale in the sales section of this forum. (yes I went thru PayPal for your protection and my own). Forgive me but I accidentally deleted my PM inbox here and lost the contact info for all the folks that pm'd me prior.

I'll post more pics of my own collection as I have time. The rarities were different than I had guessed in previous posts. Interesting!!

Say what you will about the price but these have wrist articulation, foot rockers, meticulously painted weapons, amongst other artistic awesomeness

Casey back

Casey w/ accessories

Karai w/some of her accessories

Karai closeup

Donnie Kidrobot comparison

Donnie geared

Leo Kidrobot comparison

Raph Kidrobot comparison

Raph with some of his weapons

Last edited by Lil Karai; 11-06-2014 at 07:25 AM. Reason: added pics
Old 11-06-2014, 07:27 AM   #84
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior

Splinter Kidrobot comparison

Mikey Kidrobot comparison

Splinter

Foot Soldier #1 Kidrobot comparison

Shredder Kidrobot comparison

Shredder geared

TLS shelf!

Now I love the Kidrobot vinyls, but as you can see the TLS vinyls are a different beast. Much more action figure-y than vinyl statue-y. In fact they have more articulation and paint apps than the Playmates figures (and with that comes a higher price tag).

These are blindboxed figures with the following rarity values: Leo 2/16, Raph 2/16, Donnie 2/16, Michelangelo 2/16, Splinter 2/16, Shredder 2/16, Casey 2/16, Karai 2/16, red/gray foot soldier 1/24, April 1/48, black foot soldier 1/96.

This was my first case. I got everyone except two of the three rares. I got the gray/red foot soldier, still need the black foot soldier and April. I should have a second case arriving next week. I hope to complete my Wave 1.

Last edited by Lil Karai; 11-06-2014 at 07:47 AM.
Old 11-06-2014, 01:20 PM   #85
HotNunchuckFury
Foot Soldier

I was tempted to buy the kidrobot ones, but chose these instead, so glad I did, they look so much better. I'm so excited to get my case! I think Splinter is my favourite. If he's in not in my case I will be gutted. Thanks for posting the photos.
HotNunchuckFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 01:51 PM   #86
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by snooz View Post
Does anyone know where I might be able to find these in Chicago?
Try FYE, Graham Crackers or Hot Topic.
Old 11-06-2014, 05:24 PM   #87
Powder
So tired of this place

I wish you could get a case & have all of them, rather than getting a mix-matched assortment. As much as my wallet hates to admit it, I'm totally sold on the whole series (though I am a bit concerned with loose joints & shotty paint applications, but...) though I'd only wanna pursue them if I knew it were easy & not coming at an additional expense/hassle.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 07:10 PM   #88
snooz
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuriken View Post
Try FYE, Graham Crackers or Hot Topic.
Thanks! I was only there for four days. I've checked in with a few of the local comic shops here in Halifax and I expect to be able to find them locally.

They look great. Definitely going to be getting this full set.
snooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 09:19 PM   #89
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior

Please keep in mind everyone, that I used a pretty crappy camera (iPhone 4) for those pics. Paint apps look clean to me (look at the sharpness on Karai's face). Shredder looks a little off in the pics but it's because there is some texture to his sculpt that makes it look like bad paint in my pics.

Ill refrain from commenting further on these. Since I'm selling my case extras, I don't want to come off like I'm just convincing everyone to buy from me.

Ill leave it at I'm really impressed and happy with this line. They really shine in person. There may be some quality control issues with the joints, and I did get one figure with 2 right hands. Ill contact TLS to see if they can mail me the correct part. Overall I think most folks will be happy with this line.
Old 11-11-2014, 07:28 PM   #90
Coro
Mad Scientist

My case came in the other day as well and I concur....these things are stupid amazing. The quality is unheard of for these little guys. I wound up posting my extras on eBay under my chad_orourke user account. If you what I have for sale there PM me and we can save some eBay fees.

Again I say grab these if you can...they are an incredibly bad ass set. I would post pictures but they are at work on my desk-gotta love working in IT
Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 07:30 PM   #91
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Karai View Post
Please keep in mind everyone, that I used a pretty crappy camera (iPhone 4) for those pics. Paint apps look clean to me (look at the sharpness on Karai's face). Shredder looks a little off in the pics but it's because there is some texture to his sculpt that makes it look like bad paint in my pics.

Ill refrain from commenting further on these. Since I'm selling my case extras, I don't want to come off like I'm just convincing everyone to buy from me.

Ill leave it at I'm really impressed and happy with this line. They really shine in person. There may be some quality control issues with the joints, and I did get one figure with 2 right hands. Ill contact TLS to see if they can mail me the correct part. Overall I think most folks will be happy with this line.
The whole case I only had 2 issues. Purple paint rub on 1 Karai face and small black smudge on front of 1 shredder helmet. Did you get any chase? I got a red foot soldier in place of a Raph
Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 09:12 PM   #92
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

These do look pretty sweet. It may have been mentioned already, but where you do buy the blind boxes from? Online or retail? Are they available only by the case?
Old 11-12-2014, 06:32 AM   #93
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior

Many options.
You can order whole cases, or a few at a time direct from The Loyal Subjects. You can buy/trade from fellow collectors who have opened their cases. You can buy in person from specialty stores that will carry them (check stores that tend to carry urban vinyl stuff and collectibles). You can buy them off other vendors and/or collectors on eBay.
Old 11-12-2014, 08:42 AM   #94
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Oh maaaan. These look pretty great. Suddenly regretting buying a case of the Funko Mystery Minis (though I also like those) because there's no way my wife will be cool with me buying another set of minifigures. (She's super cool, but we have no space for anything at this point.)

Quote:
Karai w/some of her accessories
http://i57.tinypic.com/10op8vs.jpg
Karai closeup
http://i58.tinypic.com/2ahcpih.jpg
I love the Mirage-style Karai, but... the purple hair? I dunno if I'm missing something, but I don't recall her having that look before, aside from a tinge/highlight effect on black hair.

Though it does look cool. And Karai's usually/unfortunately neglected for stuff like this.
Old 11-14-2014, 01:26 PM   #95
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior

Old 11-15-2014, 12:18 AM   #96
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
I so want these

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 08:48 AM   #97
Victorsaurus
Foot Soldier

Game Stop's website is apparently selling them individually.
I pre ordered one, now to see if I'll get the one I ordered or just a random box since they don't have much info.
They told me it should be in store on Nov. 21.

http://www.gamestop.com/collectibles...-figure/116229

http://sot.ag/gk6B/
Victorsaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 10:23 PM   #98
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior

Yes, the GameStop variants are OT cartoon repaints and are window boxed. shredder, splinter, 4 turtles available. The blindboxed versions are based on the comics-shredder, splinter, 4 turtles, 2 foot ninja variants, Casey, April, Karai available.
Old 11-19-2014, 02:14 PM   #99
slashpieturtlemix
Mad Scientist

These have been added to my want list lol love these little dudes!

https://www.youtube.com/user/hkohles1

https://www.ebay.com/usr/kohlesgoods

https://www.facebook.com/hkohles1gaming
slashpieturtlemix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 06:08 PM   #100
Victorsaurus
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Yes, the GameStop variants are OT cartoon repaints and are window boxed. shredder, splinter, 4 turtles available. The blindboxed versions are based on the comics-shredder, splinter, 4 turtles, 2 foot ninja variants, Casey, April, Karai available.
Thanks for the info, I completely forgot about the variants. I prefer the comic book Leo than the toon one, when I ordered it, it had a picture of the comic one and did not mentioned that it's a variant. Wonder if I can get a refund when I go to the store to pick it up.

Old pic, they changed the pic from the GS site. It used to have the comic figure and now it has the variant figure
Spoiler:

New pic: http://www.gamestop.com/collectibles...-figure/116229
Even though it said Global Holding Inc, it still said TLS at the bottom.

http://sot.ag/gk6B/
Victorsaurus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vinyl figures