The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2016, 08:51 PM   #1041
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
no one was recasted though...voices yes but that is a 1, maybe 2 day job...probably even half when you consider leonardo and splinter barely talk...so nothing was changed in that aspect that still wouldn't have affected the movies quality

also the shredder idea wasn't a recast, all they did was add one scene with mysterious asian dude and then never show him suit up just talk..again maybe 1 or 2 days of shooting

the rest of the stuff was already shot with sacks in the suit, they just ignored it and said it was asain guy

you act like all this ajor stuff happened when it didnt it was a bad movie from the get go
It was "bad" from the get go because of multiple different issue all of which are not tied to this movie in any way. All the issues people talked about with the first one are all but non existent this time around.
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline  
Old 01-23-2016, 08:55 PM   #1042
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 14,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
no one was recasted though...voices yes but that is a 1, maybe 2 day job...probably even half when you consider leonardo and splinter barely talk...so nothing was changed in that aspect that still wouldn't have affected the movies quality

also the shredder idea wasn't a recast, all they did was add one scene with mysterious asian dude and then never show him suit up just talk..again maybe 1 or 2 days of shooting

the rest of the stuff was already shot with sacks in the suit, they just ignored it and said it was asain guy

you act like all this ajor stuff happened when it didnt it was a bad movie from the get go
Remember when they lied and said, "The reshoots were definitely NOT about Asian Shredder, it was just about Fox being pregnant," and then the guy playing Asian Shredder admitted they shot all his stuff in a broom closet over that very same reshoot weekend, basically? That was tremendous.

These guys just f*ck up so much so often, and have been caught in so many lies and other nonsense - not "misdirection to build excitement" but plain flat-out LIES - that it's amazing anyone actually wants these f*ckwits in charge of these movies. I'm already baffled that some people like the approach, and defend the approach... but to insist that what they're doing is RIGHT, that they even have a CLUE how to handle this franchise, how to make these movies, when it's been proven time and time again that no, they DON'T have any idea what they're doing... it's baffling. It makes NO SENSE that people like and want more of this kind of thing.

It goes beyond the bad casting and the bad designs into just plain unabashed "We Totally Do Not Give One Sh*t, Just Please Buy These Toys". And people want more of it. It's unfathomable.

Ra's al Ghul was right; society really is too sick to survive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
It was "bad" from the get go because of multiple different issue all of which are not tied to this movie in any way. All the issues people talked about with the first one are all but non existent this time around.
Wrong. The "story" was terrible and the producers spent money on all the wrong things. Same sh*t writers and the same sh*t production company. Nothing has been "fixed", they're just cramming in more OT elements because lots of people said that's what was "missing". Same sh*t storyline, same awful CGI, same Bugs Bunny physics. Same exact garbage.

BUT, Shredder's Japanese right from the start this time. YAY! Colossal f*cking improvement.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline  
Old 01-23-2016, 09:19 PM   #1043
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Remember when they lied and said, "The reshoots were definitely NOT about Asian Shredder, it was just about Fox being pregnant," and then the guy playing Asian Shredder admitted they shot all his stuff in a broom closet over that very same reshoot weekend, basically? That was tremendous.
that's no at all what happened your making stuff up. He didn't say anything about a broom closet. But what ever. Smh

Quote:
These guys just f*ck up so much so often, and have been caught in so many lies and other nonsense - not "misdirection to build excitement" but plain flat-out LIES - that it's amazing anyone actually wants these f*ckwits in charge of these movies. I'm already baffled that some people like the approach, and defend the approach... but to insist that what they're doing is RIGHT, that they even have a CLUE how to handle this franchise, how to make these movies, when it's been proven time and time again that no, they DON'T have any idea what they're doing... it's baffling. It makes NO SENSE that people like and want more of this kind of thing.
But the point I'm making is that they do have a clue what they are doing this time around, as proven my their first trailer and the reaction it has gotten. Nope no one wants to see BB and RS. Orang demension x nope no one wants that either. Casey hah forget that no body want that either. Foot ninjas nope we don't want that.

Quote:
It goes beyond the bad casting and the bad designs into just plain unabashed "We Totally Do Not Give One Sh*t, Just Please Buy These Toys". And people want more of it. It's unfathomable.
And what bad casting the only bad casting was Megan for some and maybe Will Arnet. Why if they didn't not give a **** about what they are doing, fix many of the issues fans had the last time?



Quote:
Wrong. The "story" was terrible and the producers spent money on all the wrong things. Same sh*t writers and the same sh*t production company. Nothing has been "fixed", they're just cramming in more OT elements because lots of people said that's what was "missing". Same sh*t storyline, same awful CGI, same Bugs Bunny physics. Same exact garbage.

BUT, Shredder's Japanese right from the start this time. YAY! Colossal f*cking improvement.
The the reason the story was messed up was because they has issue with figuring out the tone. And what kind of tent movie they wanted to make. Issue they don't have this time around. There is no issue with tone they already have that nailed down.
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline  
Old 01-23-2016, 09:26 PM   #1044
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 14,248
Y e a h, the tone was the only problem. Not the hideous character designs or the piss-poor dialog or the awful and fake-looking CGI or the ridiculous and shoddy new origin story or the villains' plans not making any sense or the fact there are giant snow peaks right outside NYC or making April the Most Important Person In The Universe or...

Yeah, no, it was all the "tone". That was the only problem.

If I weren't so sure you were being paid to be here, I'd have a hard time believing anyone could be so dismissive of that pile of Very Real Problems that movie had.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline  
Old 01-23-2016, 09:30 PM   #1045
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Y e a h, the tone was the only problem. Not the hideous character designs or the piss-poor dialog or the awful and fake-looking CGI or the ridiculous and shoddy new origin story or the villains' plans not making any sense or the fact there are giant snow peaks right outside NYC or making April the Most Important Person In The Universe or...

Yeah, no, it was all the "tone". That was the only problem.

If I weren't so sure you were being paid to be here, I'd have a hard time believing anyone could be so dismissive of that pile of Very Real Problems that movie had.
All those issues were because they didn't know what kind of movie they wanted to make, that's what I'm saying. They didn't know what kind of movie they wanted to make they filmed pretty much three different movies. Because they didn't have a direction they were sure of. All issues not had this time around.

I'm not saying there weren't issues with the movie and how it was made but little to none of those issues are in effect this time around.

Are any of those same issue from the first movie even been talked about In regards to this movie? Nothing concrete, speculation sure. But there are no blaring issues with this movie that there where with the last.
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay

Last edited by samxsteal; 01-23-2016 at 09:47 PM.
samxsteal is offline  
Old 01-23-2016, 09:35 PM   #1046
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 14,248
Funny. We must have watched different trailers.

I still see hideous designs. I still hear absolutely awful dialog. I still see horrible CGI. I still see some absolutely pathetic miscasting. I still see far too many non-Turtle characters fighting for time in a movie where the TMNT are the Title characters. It all looks equally sh*tty as last time, just from a different direction. None of it looks "better", just stupid from another angle.

No, they knew then, and know now, what kind of movie they want to make: Stupid. They're making a stupid movie, on purpose, just like last time. Stupid Sells. People like you are apparently fine with Stupid, so Stupid is what they're going with. Fine. I'm not going to thank them for it and ask for more of the same.

There's like 80 movies coming out this year that show how an adaptation should be properly done. TMNT fans, meanwhile, are so used to having to choose between Trash and Nothing, they'll gladly settle for trash just so "their brand" gets represented. It's ridiculous. When there are so many movies coming out that get it Right, I can't in any way ignore - or worse, APPLAUD - these idiots on how badly they're getting TMNT wrong.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline  
Old 01-23-2016, 09:37 PM   #1047
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Boston Ninja Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
All issues because they didn't know what kind of movie they wanted to make that what I'm saying.

you do read what you write right?

Quote:
Are any of those same issue from the first movie even been talked about In regards to this movie? Nothing concrete, speculation sure. But there are no blaring issues with this movie that there where with the last.
like really do you?
__________________
I didn't choose the ninja turtle life. The ninja turtle life chose me.


https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline  
Old 01-23-2016, 10:19 PM   #1048
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Funny. We must have watched different trailers.
obviously

Quote:
I still see hideous designs.
subjective

Quote:
I still hear absolutely awful dialog.
Like just about any other version of tmnt

Quote:
I still see horrible CGI.
really cuz watching the hd version of the trailer on my hd TV was great. The graphics looked extremely good. Better then the first one for sure.

Quote:
I still see some absolutely pathetic miscasting.
Like who? The Turtles are great, BB and RS are great so far as we have seen. Shredder is great. Baxter is great. Casey is good.

Quote:
I still see far too many non-Turtle characters fighting for time in a movie where the TMNT are the Title characters.
Like barrens movie Danny, Danny's father, the police chief, Sam Rockwell, tatsu, April, Casey, should I go on?


Quote:
There's like 80 movies coming out this year that show how an adaptation should be properly done. TMNT fans, meanwhile, are so used to having to choose between Trash and Nothing, they'll gladly settle for trash just so "their brand" gets represented. It's ridiculous. When there are so many movies coming out that get it Right, I can't in any way ignore - or worse, APPLAUD - these idiots on how badly they're getting TMNT wrong.
Like what the marvel movies have done, which barely even fallow the comic book continuity. About the only one who looks as faithful as it can get is dead pool all the others have plenty of issues.

I'm Not saying I won't love those movies I will and I am excited for just about all of them. But to act as if these other movies are these holy perfect adaptation is just ********.

And so every person who happened to like this version or that version, that you personally think is trash is below you. Just some stupid people ruining your franchise.

Because People can't honestly enjoy the versions in which you dislike because they are "trash". I've said it before I can appreciate and enjoy every version of the turtles or any other franchise I like because I'm open to it. But no I'm just some naive stupid person, who has no standards. Smh in the end it's all subjective. There are those who can't enjoy anything then there are those who can. I happen to be the latter.
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline  
Old 01-23-2016, 10:27 PM   #1049
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 14,248
Oh, god, the "every version of TMNT is stupid, thus this one being stupid is acceptable" argument. No, you're wrong.

Fox and Amell don't belong anywhere near this movie, yet they're not only both horribly miscast, they're again going to be the stars of the movie. The "Ninja Turtles" movie. Starring Green Arrow the corrections officer who drives a f*cking sports car, who calls himself "Casey Jones" despite not being anything at all like Casey Jones.

I know you were being sarcastic, dude, but no, there IS something wrong with the people who like this version of TMNT. In your own words, "You'll accept anything". That's the problem. It's not always "Subjective". Some things are just BAD, and if you accept bad things, you get more bad things. Some of us want good things. Deal with it. Being a "Brand Loyalist" is the single worst kind of "fan" a person can be.

"No standards or taste". Yes, exactly. I know you were trying to be sarcastic but that IS entirely the problem, people with no standards or taste being allowed to dictate what direction the franchise goes in, and how the brand gets represented. "Any version is better than no version." No. Wrong. Dead f*cking wrong.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline  
Old 01-23-2016, 10:52 PM   #1050
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Oh, god, the "every version of TMNT is stupid, thus this one being stupid is acceptable" argument. No, you're wrong.
that's not at all what i said.

Quote:
Fox and Amell don't belong anywhere near this movie, yet they're not only both horribly miscast, they're again going to be the stars of the movie. The "Ninja Turtles" movie. Starring Green Arrow the corrections officer who drives a f*cking sports car, who calls himself "Casey Jones" despite not being anything at all like Casey Jones.
Why is Amell miss cast? Megan I can understand but Amell is great casting. Them being the center of this movie is only speculation especially since they said they realized they made that mistake last time. As for Casey being a corrections officer. I think that fits his character very well. I could imagine him wanting justice and going about it in the best way one knows how. Join the justice department. And when he realise law itself won't work he becomes a vigilantly. Thats pretty cool and something neat to explore.

Quote:
I know you were being sarcastic, dude, but no, there IS something wrong with the people who like this version of TMNT. In your own words, "You'll accept anything". That's the problem. It's not always "Subjective". Some things are just BAD, and if you accept bad things, you get more bad things. Some of us want good things. Deal with it. Being a "Brand Loyalist" is the single worst kind of "fan" a person can be.
I didn't say I would accept anything. it's not like I don't see the flaws I do. I just choose to look beyond those flaws. It's like the issues the 80s toons have, but I can still enjoy them. Same goes for anything else. And yes movies and art are subjective regardless of how some people feel about it. I also believe people can learn from there mistake and become better for that. How many shows, books, comic can and do start out rocky but end up being great. after the creators learn from what they did wrong. Thats how a feel these movies are doing it.

No the worst fans are those who push other fans away for thinking differently. Belittling others for different opinions. Those are the worst fans.

Quote:
"No standards or taste". Yes, exactly. I know you were trying to be sarcastic but that IS entirely the problem, people with no standards or taste being allowed to dictate what direction the franchise goes in, and how the brand gets represented. "Any version is better than no version." No. Wrong. Dead f*cking wrong.
and what of those who actually enjoy the version you think are trash does that make them wro g for enjoying them?
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline  
Old 01-23-2016, 11:04 PM   #1051
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Xav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
also the shredder idea wasn't a recast, all they did was add one scene with mysterious asian dude and then never show him suit up just talk..again maybe 1 or 2 days of shooting
They actually added two, one with Karai, and one with Sacks.
Xav is offline  
Old 01-23-2016, 11:23 PM   #1052
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 9,978
IndigoErth is offline  
Old 01-23-2016, 11:28 PM   #1053
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 14,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Yeah, my head hurts too.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline  
Old 01-24-2016, 05:28 AM   #1054
Amaranthus
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: West-Flanders, Belgium
Posts: 1,815
What in the ass?
Amaranthus is offline  
Old 01-24-2016, 11:02 AM   #1055
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,464
I just can't understand how anyone can think a sequel made by 95% the same people can be considered a total "do-over". It's building on top of the garbage foundation of the first one, is made by the same producers, written by the same writers, with the same characters, the same world, the same designs, the same most things. It can be technically "better" than the last one, but expecting it to be "good" is something else entirely. The idea that people who hated the first movie should give them a free pass on this one is insanity.

I'll just never understand why so many people are giving this movie a free pass because... what, they put Bebop and Rocksteady in it? I can't be that easily impressed. Everything about this production points to the same conclusion as the first -- they're 100% making this to cash in on a brand and sell toys, that's it. There's no real care for the property, no desire to tell a real story with real characters. If they wanted to really try, dig into the source material and do their due diligence, there's a truly great trilogy's worth of material they could do justice. They could make good films if they wanted to. But they don't.

They're following the usual Bay franchise formula -- frame the movie around some big CGI action set-pieces, then fill in the gaps with basically anything and pretend it's a "plot". They could make a movie that appeals to kids and adults if they wanted to, but that would mean spending time and attention on crafting a tight script that brings the fun but also has something of some substance to say... which isn't a priority for Platinum Dunes. But they also don't want to make a "kids' movie" outright and turn off the teenagers and adult teenagers, so they throw some ass shots and/or scantily-clad women in there for good measure, maybe a boner joke or two, and the 13-year-olds (and those with similar tastes) will throw money at them for a couple weeks in the summer.

The only thing that's changed is that they know the last movie was hugely divisive, so now they're cramming this full of Fred Wolf fan-service to dazzle the fans into buying more tickets. I hope it doesn't work, but unfortunately it probably will.

...but hey, it's kind of nice seeing BayTurtles' biggest cheerleaders finally admit to at least some of that movie's colossal flaws, even if they're only doing that while they actively market this thing.
__________________

Last edited by Bry; 01-24-2016 at 11:07 AM.
Bry is offline  
Old 01-24-2016, 11:26 AM   #1056
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,134
Exactly. Why should people expect anything different from the exact same set of writers and producers? The only difference is this script (is there one?) didn't get leaked, a white Shredder wasn't cast and Bay didn't let it drop that the Turtles were aliens to create enough uproar from fans for them to change things on the fly.
NinjaPug is offline  
Old 01-24-2016, 12:51 PM   #1057
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 34,363
They didn't even change one of the biggest complaints from the first movie....the nostrils!
CyberCubed is offline  
Old 01-24-2016, 12:54 PM   #1058
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 13,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
They didn't even change one of the biggest complaints from the first movie....the nostrils!
World doesn't revolve around you, mango.

IT REVOLVES AROUND ME.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline  
Old 01-24-2016, 12:55 PM   #1059
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 9,978
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
They didn't even change one of the biggest complaints from the first movie....the nostrils!
You're just a parody of yourself at this point, aren't you.
IndigoErth is offline  
Old 01-24-2016, 12:56 PM   #1060
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 4,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
They didn't even change one of the biggest complaints from the first movie....the nostrils!
__________________





I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
bantraximus, cybercubed_smells_bad, ninjaplease, trollimus, weedinfestation

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.