The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 08-29-2018, 07:30 PM   #81
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooish View Post
Life’s only a hard mode jungle non-game because people like him choose to **** others over. It’s a choice not predestination.
But the fact that a significant portion of people will make that choice is a built in, non patchable part of the game. Resource wars are just over the climate change horizon, maybe you will live long enough to come to understand this! Read some science bro, we are effed. :p
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 08:41 PM   #82
TMNTChris1980
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrumh2o View Post
the dude at the counter wouldn't stop talking to me about dragons

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA, this is the funniest thing I've read in a while.
TMNTChris1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 10:52 AM   #83
AquaParade
Banned

So what do you all think? Will we end up getting the Neca toon turtles and arcade turtles through Gamestop?

I mean, how would the arcade figures not be perfect for Gamestop? I imagine the Henson movie turtles must have made a huge splash, otherwise wouldn't Gamestop go for the Arcade-themed one to appeal to gamers? I'm glad they went with the Henson turtles, but I would definitely purchase a set of the FW Toon turtles in an instant.

Bonus Question: How/Will NECA respond to inevitable questions regarding The Shredder and Foot appearing in Gamestop stores in the small scale?

Last edited by AquaParade; 08-30-2018 at 11:00 AM.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 11:41 AM   #84
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Bonus Question: How/Will NECA respond to inevitable questions regarding The Shredder and Foot appearing in Gamestop stores in the small scale?
My dream is that when those ultimately make their way to GameStop, they release the Shredder and the Foot in a four pack similar to what they've done at SDCC for the Mirage and video game series ... three Foot Soldiers and the Shredder. Maybe you could release them individually ... but I'd be perfectly okay with a pack.

On the other hand, I'm sure people want to get the Foot as a single release to REALLY army build with those guys.
Old 08-30-2018, 12:02 PM   #85
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.

I'd buy at least a dozen movie Foot goons.
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 12:03 PM   #86
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Hypothetically, the NYCC release could be 1:12 scale Shredder with three foot soldiers since the arcade Dimension X set got bumped to next year. They've already let the cat out of the bag now so it isn't like it will hurt their sales of the 1:4 versions.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 12:06 PM   #87
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Do we know they are going to NYCC? If memory serves they didn't last year.

I think it would be wise to do a pack like the Arcade/Comic villain packs. But also have individuals of at least the foot for army building.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 12:13 PM   #88
AquaParade
Banned

I feel like there's a lot of anticipation when it comes to Movie Shredder being revealed. While the Foot soldier does look very good, I expected more, based on the utterly fantastic look of the turtles.
Shredder needs a gentle touch. The helmet is so iconic, with the "grate-style" mouth guards and I hope they don't take the "easy" way out with the textures like they did with the Foot soldier. If they can nail the helmet, get the scale right, and add that slight touch of "sparkle" to the fabric of his suit, I think we'll have an outstanding figure.
Old 08-30-2018, 04:50 PM   #89
Will not be censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaheap View Post
Do we know they are going to NYCC? If memory serves they didn't last year.

I think it would be wise to do a pack like the Arcade/Comic villain packs. But also have individuals of at least the foot for army building.
I think it is safe to say that any other movie figures made in this scale will be individually packaged for retail six months after being part of a comic con exclusive. They will do this within six months to beat the bootleggers. It is doubtful we will see anything that came out before the collector's case get produced again since all of those figures have been bootlegged to hell already.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:

Old 08-30-2018, 05:46 PM   #90
cloud
Stone Warrior

I think it's safe for me to say that after the release of the 4 Turtles there's no guarantee that we will see more individually packs 7" TMNT from NECA.
It will be great but we'll see.
I still don't understand how they were able to release these Gamestop exclusives. DC 7" had some sort of loophole but then it stopped.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 05:57 PM   #91
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
I think it's safe for me to say that after the release of the 4 Turtles there's no guarantee that we will see more individually packs 7" TMNT from NECA.
It will be great but we'll see.
I still don't understand how they were able to release these Gamestop exclusives. DC 7" had some sort of loophole but then it stopped.
Maybe Nick looked at the new turtle cartoon and realized they won’t be pushing many units with it. Called up NECA like heeey gurl.
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 05:58 PM   #92
useasneeded4pain
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
I still don't understand how they were able to release these Gamestop exclusives.
Playmates doesn't sell TMNT figures at Gamestop that I'm aware, so they likely allowed NECA to sell there in exchange for a royalty from NECA's sales.
useasneeded4pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 07:25 PM   #93
statik
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieNES View Post
Maybe Nick looked at the new turtle cartoon and realized they won’t be pushing many units with it. Called up NECA like heeey gurl.
I love you for this comment.
statik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 06:57 AM   #94
Will not be censored

Quote:
Wait, so life isn't a game...yet it is set to "hard mode"? I think you need to re-tool this line a bit.

And I think you've missed the narrative. No one is upset at Latin Kings anymore. Most people are laughing at his misfortune.
I sold four more turtles this past week for nearly $400 and ordered another set. No misfortune here whatsoever.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TMNT-Teenag...kAAOSw0rNbO~fc
Quote:

Old 09-01-2018, 04:41 PM   #95
mikey see
Mad Scientist

I gotta say, this whole thing makes me think mighty little of NECA as a company. To straight-up lie to your customers is pathetic. I get that contracts and NDAs and such can keep you from confirming a future release, but at that point it's best not to say anything. Yes, people might take your silence as confirmation, but at least you won't look like a complete tool in a month.

Having said that, I'm excited to see what doors this opens as far as future product. If we could somehow get a modern take on vintage figures, a la MOTU Classics, I would be over the moon.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 04:59 PM   #96
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
I sold four more turtles this past week for nearly $400 and ordered another set. No misfortune here whatsoever.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TMNT-Teenag...kAAOSw0rNbO~fc
Okay maybe just social misfortune.
Old 09-01-2018, 05:32 PM   #97
Dizmone
Thug

I'm really excited for Neca on this new development for the TMNT license.

I know the announcement irks some collectors based on their post-SDCC outcome, but I feel like this really opens a big door of accessibility for future releases.

If they could get the 2008 mirage figures back on shelves, that would be amazing, despite the presence of bootlegs. I never could get the B&W versions, and I can't justify the price they are going for.
Dizmone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 06:34 PM   #98
Donnie
Something from the Past

I'm quite satisfied that I was able to order Donatello & Michelangelo. Quite satisfied indeed.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 06:52 PM   #99
Will not be censored

Quote:
Okay maybe just social misfortune.
You're a tool. Belittling me isn't going to cause me to stop selling.
Quote:

Old 09-01-2018, 08:27 PM   #100
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
You're a tool. Belittling me isn't going to cause me to stop selling.
keep digging that whole you social pariah
tmntfannumerouno is offline   Reply With Quote