The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 02-15-2013, 10:30 AM   #21
Peanut
Second Gear

I think people are entirely blind to who Steam serves. The people buying the Sims and playing Facebook games have no idea what Steam is. If you're not into games you don't know what Steam is.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:38 AM   #22
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The Wii U is selling horribly. It may not even do GameCube numbers.
Wii U has things to worry about but sales is not the real problem at this point. It is outselling where PS3 and 360 were at this point in their lifespan. It's really not fair to talk about sales numbers until sony and/or microsoft launch their new hardware and we compare them a few months after that.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:41 AM   #23
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Wii U has things to worry about but sales is not the real problem at this point. It is outselling where PS3 and 360 were at this point in their lifespan. It's really not fair to talk about sales numbers until sony and/or microsoft launch their new hardware and we compare them a few months after that.
Nintendo definitely Gamecubed'd themselves again with the Wii U.

It won't sell well but it still have a number of great games like the GameCube did.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:14 AM   #24
Peanut
Second Gear

I think people are completely unclear as to what an actual failure is in the game space. Especially with unrealistic comparisons to the Wii. The Gamecube made Nintendo money. The Wii U is profitable for Nintendo as soon as a single game is purchased and that's from day 1.

I've read so much absolutely ridiculous ******** about Nintendo lately, most recently the Sega comparisons. I don't think enough people know the history behind Sega's implosion and simply toss that comparison out there, because they think they're similar situations, when in reality they couldn't be further apart.

It also seems like the fights about sales come down to fanboy nonsense. Let it the **** go, kids. This entire industry is under fire from all sides and the only thing anyone seems to want to do, fans and journos alike, is fire negative nonsense at each other. I'm sure everyone will feel great when our only choice for gaming is ftp ******** on an idevice. Assholes.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:44 AM   #25
tmnt transformer
Stone Warrior

I think that the Wii U will start selling better if Zelda Wii U is good... Thats what the N64 needed to survive...

This Picture was drawn by BeagleTsuin from deviantart.

http://https://gleam.io/6dHF3/itam-x-el-june-xbox-giveawayle.php?id=288262&ref=288262"]http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile.php?id=288262&ref=288262[/URL]

tmnt transformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:49 AM   #26
arizvega
Thug

Ah the WII U will be fine Nintendo rocks overall.
arizvega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:09 PM   #27
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizvega View Post
Ah the WII U will be fine Nintendo rocks overall.
Don't count on it.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:11 PM   #28
arizvega
Thug

There's post too be a lot of new games coming out for it....
Old 02-15-2013, 12:18 PM   #29
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
There's post too be a lot of new games coming out for it....
Yeah, xbox and ps3 have a lot of games coming out too, doesn't change a thing,
Old 02-15-2013, 12:25 PM   #30
arizvega
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeweed101 View Post
Yeah, xbox and ps3 have a lot of games coming out too, doesn't change a thing,
It's what you like...
Old 02-15-2013, 12:28 PM   #31
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
It's what you like...
What? I don't understand you, I like all systems if that's what your saying, but video games is going down like everyone else said.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:10 PM   #32
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeweed101 View Post
Don't count on it.
No, you can count it. Nintendo has been through worse. Once the games start picking up, sales will pick up. I promise you once Smash Bros. and other big Nintendo games come out, sales will go up at least a little bit.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:06 PM   #33
CyberCubed
Overlord

Sales will improve but going back down to N64 or GameCube sales numbers after $100 million Wii's sold is bound to be a wake up call to Nintendo.

All those casuals, 35 year old soccer moms, and 65 year old grandpa's who bought the Wii obviously aren't going to be fooled twice.

The N64 and GameCube survived almost entirely because of die-hard Nintendo fans from the NES and SNES era. The Wii-U won't repeat the Wii's success.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:07 PM   #34
LeoNerdo
Stone Warrior

What you can count on with Nintendo is that it would take an incredible sequence of terrible circumstances to really have any kind of negative impact on the way they do business. They have made money hand over fist for the last 7-9 years between Wii and the DS. They're not going anywhere. I really like the Nintendo of today though. They sorta listen to their fans and give us these sweet Nintendo Direct videos.

I love Steam personally, but I don't see myself investing in a Steam Box any time soon. My PC is more than adequate. I've heard a lot of speculation that the market won't be able to sustain 3 heavy hitters in the hardware market this gen. I dunno if that's true, but Nintendo always offers something different from the competition.
LeoNerdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:38 PM   #35
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Quote:
Sales will improve but going back down to N64 or GameCube sales numbers after $100 million Wii's sold is bound to be a wake up call to Nintendo.

All those casuals, 35 year old soccer moms, and 65 year old grandpa's who bought the Wii obviously aren't going to be fooled twice.

The N64 and GameCube survived almost entirely because of die-hard Nintendo fans from the NES and SNES era. The Wii-U won't repeat the Wii's success.
No sh*t! The Wii was a once in a lifetime kind of boom. Expecting ANY console to replicate that success is ridiculous. Idiot.

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:47 PM   #36
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
No sh*t! The Wii was a once in a lifetime kind of boom. Expecting ANY console to replicate that success is ridiculous. Idiot.
And yet Nintendo expected similar success. The 3DS inflated their ego because its outpacing the original DS sales from its first two years already.

The Wii-U isn't even anything worthwhile yet until the Fall when hopefully a 3D Mario comes out. I certainly don't have one yet although Pikmin 3 is tempting.

Then again I am nowhere near the huge Nintendo fan I used to be when I was younger, I sort of fizzled out halfway into the Wii era.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:46 PM   #37
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Quote:
And yet Nintendo expected similar success. The 3DS inflated their ego because its outpacing the original DS sales from its first two years already.

The Wii-U isn't even anything worthwhile yet until the Fall when hopefully a 3D Mario comes out. I certainly don't have one yet although Pikmin 3 is tempting.

Then again I am nowhere near the huge Nintendo fan I used to be when I was younger, I sort of fizzled out halfway into the Wii era.
Cybercubed has 9,999 posts! Next one going to be huge?
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:48 PM   #38
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

I've been thinking about getting the Wii U, it looks a lot better than the original Wii. I wonder how much I'll get if I trade my Wii in at Gamestop...anyone know?
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:54 PM   #39
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
I've been thinking about getting the Wii U, it looks a lot better than the original Wii. I wonder how much I'll get if I trade my Wii in at Gamestop...anyone know?
Not enough for a Wii U.

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:57 PM   #40
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Not enough for a Wii U game.

Tags
depressing, microsoft, nintendo, peanut, sony, video-games