The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-05-2018, 11:22 AM   #1
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

The DCEU Catch-All

https://screenrant.com/deadshot-lobo-dc-comics-movies/

For once, a sane move that REDUCES the upcoming roster... Lobo and Deadshot movies are reportedly off the table. Good.
Old 01-05-2018, 11:30 AM   #2
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 11:40 AM   #3
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Well... not sure I'd go THAT far. But this is a slightly encouraging step.
Old 01-05-2018, 11:48 AM   #4
CyberCubed
Overlord

So what's the definite movies that will happen?

- Aquaman. This is already pretty much done and is coming out in early 2018.

- Wonder Woman 2. Obvious confirmed for 2019

- Matt Reeves Batman movie. Apparently this isn't coming till 2020. Jesus Christ, at that point it might as well be a reboot.

- Joss Whedon's Batgirl movie. Is this still a thing?

- Suicide Squad 2. Not sure why, but seems like a definite.

- The Rock was said to be in a movie, was it Shazam or Black Adam? I don't remember.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 11:52 AM   #5
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Well... not sure I'd go THAT far. But this is a slightly encouraging step.
Ha yeah, I was jumping the gun. I still think DC/WB is going to make some missteps, especially with them saying how Geoff Johns is going to keep helping out even though they had to replace him as head of their films unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So what's the definite movies that will happen?

- Aquaman. This is already pretty much done and is coming out in early 2018.

- Wonder Woman 2. Obvious confirmed for 2019

- Matt Reeves Batman movie. Apparently this isn't coming till 2020. Jesus Christ, at that point it might as well be a reboot.

- Joss Whedon's Batgirl movie. Is this still a thing?

- Suicide Squad 2. Not sure why, but seems like a definite.

- The Rock was said to be in a movie, was it Shazam or Black Adam? I don't remember.
Aquaman is for sure since it's almost done with production. Shazam seems to be the only other film that any actual work is currently being done on. Which is such a head-scratching move
Old 01-05-2018, 12:20 PM   #6
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

No Man of Steel 2???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 03:50 PM   #7
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
https://screenrant.com/deadshot-lobo-dc-comics-movies/

For once, a sane move that REDUCES the upcoming roster... Lobo and Deadshot movies are reportedly off the table. Good.
There was a Deadshot movie? Deathstroke, I thought?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 04:18 PM   #8
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
There was a Deadshot movie? Deathstroke, I thought?
Yeah, somebody wanted to capitalize on having Will Smith in the game...
Old 01-05-2018, 04:25 PM   #9
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I did not know about a Deadshot film being possible. Also, I thought Shazam! was cancelled and Black Adam would be the villain of Suicide Squad 2? As I said before unless it is filming it is just a rumor. I was hoping The Batman would have gotten off the ground just to see what villains would be appearing aside from Deathstroke in the Arkham setting.

Dawn of Justice was the spiritual sequel to Man of Steel so its not really a loss. I have been curious of Aquaman and Green Lantern Corps. Atleast we get Aquaman for sure and Wonder Woman 2. Anything else? Wait and see.
Old 01-11-2018, 10:32 AM   #10
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

https://batman-news.com/2018/01/11/w...is-a-bad-idea/

More top-level musical chairs, I guess...
Old 01-19-2018, 03:17 PM   #11
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

https://batman-news.com/2018/01/19/h...birds-of-prey/

Gotham City Sirens appears to be dead. I'm disappointed... was really hoping to see Catwoman and Poison Ivy return to the big screen (and hopefully in much better versions than previous cinematic portrayals...)

https://batman-news.com/2018/01/18/s...or-the-sequel/

And apparently the Suicide Squad 2 cast are in training together? Taking this one with a grain of salt... El Diablo is dead, remember?
Old 01-19-2018, 03:38 PM   #12
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Well that sucks. But given the DCEU's track record so far, perhaps its for the best. Would hate to see Poison Ivy done wrong a second time.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 04:59 PM   #13
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

It's good to see them cutting films. They got way too ambitious when they didn't even have a solid, liked foundation for a slate of movies that big. Wonder Woman's the only one anyone even likes. They need to rebuild, at this point, before worrying about branching off.

Quote:

Gotham City Sirens appears to be dead. I'm disappointed... was really hoping to see Catwoman and Poison Ivy return to the big screen (and hopefully in much better versions than previous cinematic portrayals...)
This doesn't upset me too much, because introducing this team before two of the three had even been introduced was just a bad plan.
Old 01-19-2018, 05:05 PM   #14
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl316bh View Post
Wonder Woman's the only one anyone even likes.
There's enough love for Superman in Man of Steel, despite the internet.

They do kind of need to at least do the Trinity right before worrying about other stuff, though. "Shazam!" isn't going to do anything.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 05:53 PM   #15
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:

And apparently the Suicide Squad 2 cast are in training together? Taking this one with a grain of salt... El Diablo is dead, remember?
so they are doing a Birds of Prey movie just gonna throw in DCEU Black Canary and Huntress without any build up?
Old 01-19-2018, 06:16 PM   #16
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
There's enough love for Superman in Man of Steel, despite the internet.
I liked it at the time, but I've soured on it in the years since after a rewatch. Some parts of it piss me off. But it's still a fairly okay movie.

Quote:
so they are doing a Birds of Prey movie just gonna throw in DCEU Black Canary and Huntress without any build up?
It probably won't even make it to pre-production. They're already cutting a lot of projects that hadn't actually gone anywhere yet.
Old 01-20-2018, 08:31 AM   #17
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:

Initially I was upset, because I loved the Gotham City Sirens comics so much (until the last story arc or so which really sucked), but then I realized that any GCS movie made in the current era of DC/WB would likely suck big time. So hopefully this is shelved for a while and done properly in the future.

CBR seems to think that Diablo could be brought back. I wouldn't mind at all, since he was one of the more compelling characters in that film. It still sucked big time though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
I feel like they wouldn't even introduce Huntress or Black Canary, especially since Black Canary has been on the Arrowverse shows. They'd probably just have Batgirl with Harley Quinn or something that didn't even make sense
Old 01-20-2018, 04:02 PM   #18
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Initially I was upset, because I loved the Gotham City Sirens comics so much (until the last story arc or so which really sucked), but then I realized that any GCS movie made in the current era of DC/WB would likely suck big time. So hopefully this is shelved for a while and done properly in the future.

CBR seems to think that Diablo could be brought back. I wouldn't mind at all, since he was one of the more compelling characters in that film. It still sucked big time though.

I feel like they wouldn't even introduce Huntress or Black Canary, especially since Black Canary has been on the Arrowverse shows. They'd probably just have Batgirl with Harley Quinn or something that didn't even make sense
they have a movie flash and a tv flash so they can have movie versions of huntress and canary. I just want a good black canary instead of the crap Arrow gives us
Old 01-20-2018, 04:03 PM   #19
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Looks like a Superman Sequel to Man of Steel is going to happen but it won't be called Man of Steel 2

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/super...sequel-a157174

As a result, Warner Bros. has reportedly decided to hold off on the announcement but the plan is still to unveil the movie - which won't be titled Man of Steel 2 - with a release date and director "pretty soon." When exactly that will be obviously remains to be seen.
Old 01-20-2018, 06:29 PM   #20
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Looks like a Superman Sequel to Man of Steel is going to happen but it won't be called Man of Steel 2

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/super...sequel-a157174

As a result, Warner Bros. has reportedly decided to hold off on the announcement but the plan is still to unveil the movie - which won't be titled Man of Steel 2 - with a release date and director "pretty soon." When exactly that will be obviously remains to be seen.
I hope we get a real announcement sooner rather than later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote