Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 07-25-2018, 04:29 AM   #1
bushido
Stone Warrior

October 2018 Solicitations

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #87

Spoiler:

Tom Waltz & Kevin Eastman (W), Dave Wachter (A/C), Kevin Eastman (VC), Michael Dowling (VC).

"Battle Lines," Part 2 of 4. It's an all-out fracas as alliances form and break down while the TMNT take the fight to Bishop with the fate of alien life on Earth hanging in the balance!

• A desperate moment for a key character!
• Variant cover by Michael Dowling!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Macro-Series Michelangelo

Spoiler:

Ian Flynn (W), Michael Dialynas (A/VC), David Petersen (C), Ryan Brown (VC).

Michelangelo's deteriorating relationship with his father, Splinter, reaches a point of no return! Will Mikey fight those he loves to save those who need him the most?

• An oversized special focused on Michelangelo that will have lasting repercussions for the character!
• Variant cover by Ryan Brown!

Rise of the TMNT #02

Matthew K. Manning (W), Chad Thomas (A), Andy Suriano (C), Jon Sommariva (VC).

The Turtles face a brand-new menace that's weirder than any they've faced before! Will the Turtles be able to agree on the right course of action or will they drive themselves insane trying to best each other?

• Overseen by showrunners Andy Suriano (Cosmic Scoundrels) and Ant Ward!
• Variant cover by Jon Sommariva!

TMNT Urban Legends #06

Spoiler:

Gary Carlson (W), Frank Fosco (A/C), Kevin Eastman (VC).

This is it! Fans demanded it and IDW Publishing listened! The entire TMNT Volume 3, reproduced for the first time ever in full four-color glory! With Splinter still missing, The Turtles try to test the limits of Donatello's new cyborg body. But when a friend makes a mistake, will Donatello be able to take control before it's too late?

• Featuring new cover art by Frank Fosco and TMNT co-creator Kevin Eastman!

TMNT Universe Volume 05 The Coming Doom

Spoiler:

Paul Allor, Caleb Goellner, Ross May (W), Mark Torres, Pablo Tunica, Chris Johnson (A), Freddie E. Williams II (C)

Comics' biggest creators make their mark on the Turtles universe! Go beyond the main series in this exciting anthology of stand-alone stories. Find out what becomes of the Triceratons after the Invasion! Will they get along with their new neighbors or become victims of a terrifying new villain? Plus, can Donatello mediate a truce between the Utroms and the Triceratons, or will fanatics on both sides cause a deadly derailment? The fate of alien life on Earth hangs in the balance! Collects issues #21-25.

• Advance solicited for November release!
• Features some of the biggest names in comics telling stand-alone stories from across the Turtles' world.

TMNT The IDW Collection Volume 08

Spoiler:

Kevin Eastman, Tom Waltz, Ben Bates, Dustin Weaver (W), Bill Sienkiewicz, Damien Couceiro (A), Dan Duncan (C)

Bebop and Rocksteady stumble across a time-travel scepter, kickstarting the craziest, most destructive adventure yet! Then, when a mysterious new mutant targets Baxter Stockman, it will be up to the TMNT to reluctantly save him, but little does anyone know that a larger trap is being laid by a new arch-foe. Plus, Donatello reboots a new and improved Metalhead only to find that the robot no longer functions entirely as designed. Collects the Bebop & Rocksteady Destroy Everything mini-series, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Universe issues #1-8, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles issues #65-66.

• Advance solicited for December release!
• Features some of the biggest names in comics telling stand-alone stories from across the Turtles' world.

Last edited by bushido; 07-26-2018 at 08:45 AM.
bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 06:16 AM   #2
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Man, IDW keeps killing it. These macro issues are gonna be dope
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 07:24 AM   #3
ChosenOne
Banned

I see Battle Lines is now a four-parter. Wasn't it said previously that it was only three issues long?
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 07:44 AM   #4
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
I see Battle Lines is now a four-parter. Wasn't it said previously that it was only three issues long?
Yeah, I figured it was gonna be a 3-issue arc on account of issue #85 being stand alone and thus meeting the four-issue quota for the TPB. But, of course, I'm not complaining either if it gives the Battle Lines arc more development.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 08:44 AM   #5
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

With all this in mind...what the heck is going to happen in 90???
Old 07-25-2018, 09:05 AM   #6
Chabrendeki
Hench Mutant

Is an Urban Legends tpb or hardcover collection in plans?
Chabrendeki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 09:21 AM   #7
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Yeah, I figured it was gonna be a 3-issue arc on account of issue #85 being stand alone and thus meeting the four-issue quota for the TPB. But, of course, I'm not complaining either if it gives the Battle Lines arc more development.
It did strike me as odd from the get-go that such an important arc would be "relegated" to only three issues. With the Mutanimals and the Burnow aliens involved, I sort of expect this to be the climax to the EPF storyline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
With all this in mind...what the heck is going to happen in 90???
The Shredder resurrection arc, maybe? It would line up with the mini that's coming out in early 2019.
Old 07-25-2018, 03:11 PM   #8
CyberCubed
Overlord

If this arc is what it seems, and Bishop/EPF finally attacking Burnow Island and the Utroms/Triceratons, I do imagine it'll be a conclusion in some form with the Utroms/Triceratons leaving Earth and finding a new home in Dimension X. It's obvious Earth is too difficult for them to stay on. It'll be a good way to finally wrap up the Utrom and Triceraton stories for now.

I just wonder what Ch'rell will do in midst of this, it's way too early for him to make his move so I wonder if he'll just slip between the scraps and remain on Earth.

I'd also like to finally see Slash freed up of Bishop's control, it's been way too long since he's just been a one-dimensional toy for him to use. Hopefully with Old Hob/Mutanimals in this that finally happens too. Then lastly is whatever Leatherhead does, given he's in issue 85 and hates the Utroms I expect to see him.

After this issue 90+ will probably be mostly about the Patheon again till issue 100.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 03:23 PM   #9
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I doubt after all the effort that's been put into the Utroms and Triceratons, they'll be forced to leave. Especially with Burnow the way it is and the Technodrome seeming to be stationary for the time being.

The SDCC panel for IDW describes #88 as a "point of no return" for Slash...and that this arch as a whole is a bit like the Battle of the Five Armies from The Hobbit. And I guess in a way it is? Turtles + Mutanimals + Utroms + Triceratons against the EPF. An amphibious assault was being described and that sounds like it's going to be amazing (and also a very easy target).

Ch'rell is probably going to be an ally but only for this moment while his people are in danger. He's the General now, after all.
Old 07-25-2018, 03:27 PM   #10
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
The SDCC panel for IDW describes #88 as a "point of no return" for Slash...and that this arch as a whole is a bit like the Battle of the Five Armies from The Hobbit. And I guess in a way it is? Turtles + Mutanimals + Utroms + Triceratons against the EPF. An amphibious assault was being described and that sounds like it's going to be amazing (and also a very easy target).
Is this online somewhere? I'd like to see it.
Old 07-25-2018, 03:59 PM   #11
neatoman
Emperor

To think, one more year and it'll be issue 100.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 04:54 PM   #12
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yep, I just hope Karai just returns to the main series sometime soon. She and her mutants haven't appeared in the main ongoing since issue 50.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 07:09 PM   #13
Leebo
Random Punk

I was wondering the same thing
Leebo is offline   Reply With Quote