The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 03-15-2017, 09:09 PM   #1
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Capcom announces The Disney Afternoon Collection

Capcom has officially announced The Disney Afternoon Collection, This collection will contain Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers, Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers 2, Darkwing Duck, DuckTales, DuckTales 2, and TaleSpin.
http://www.capcom-unity.com/official...cs-on-april-18

Old 03-15-2017, 09:46 PM   #2
sdp
-

$20 seems like a lot for a bunch of NES ports but even then it's still cheaper than getting 6 games on VC. I guess it's not that bad, I may get it on a steam sale though Capcom/Disney games never go too low I may just bite the bullet even if I don't particularly have any nostalgia for any of these. Only game I played as a kid was Rescue Rangers that I rented from the video store once.

I did buy Ducktales Remaster since the original was so highly praised, it was being done by Wayforward a developer I love, had the original voice cast, the art style matched the show etc. But I hated it, I'm guessing it's one of those games that just plays better with all the limitations and having the "no continues" game format because it was so boring and tedious. It's fantastic that they added a bunch of dialog to actually make logical sense as to why they were visiting all those locations, lots of props to that and that they had the original VAs but they overdid it and it slows down the game a lot. It also really bothers me that their mouths are not animated when they speak, what a huge oversight, especially since all the characters are so yappy. The game has no challenge if you can just save and re-start wherever you want which doesn't help the overall package. The fact that it was $20 for such a short game made it a hard buy. It didn't even include the original NES game for some odd reason, that way they could cover their as-ses if people didn't like the remake they at least had the original. And since the game is so short there was no reason not to remake Ducktales 2 while they were at it, it couldn't have taken that much longer but it would've indeed made it the ultimate Ducktales collection.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote