The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 11-07-2012, 10:02 PM   #1
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator

Official Ep Discussion: #8 "Never say Xever"

*rubs hands together evilly*

So.... last week's storm kinda put a monkey wrench in everything. Hopefully tonight's Nor'easter won't bring as many problems. I just hope NY and NJ make it through alright...

I really wish we could embed Nick Videos...

Speaking of problems... it looks like we're getting our first Leo-Centric story of the show. And it seems he may end up having a little history with our resident Capoeira convict Xever.

It looks like Leo's attempt to be Captain Ryan may backfire on him. With a slap to his junior officer and a suave grin, the captain may be able to save planets and otherworldly citizens. But it won't be that easy for our young leader-in-training...

What I am most curious about is the description of this episode:
Quote:
Leo fears his act of mercy has come back to haunt him when Xever holds a local noodle shop owner hostage.
What is this 'act of mercy'? Is this something that Leonardo does in this episode, or has Leo and Xever met in the past? And what's with holding a noodle shop owner hostage? Unless he's kidnapped Mr. Ping, and we're gonna get a Kung Fu Panda cameo...

Our boys are gonna also have another close encounter with the Foot kind... let's hope for another peek at the Shredder before next week!

Stay Tuned!
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:05 AM   #2
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator

Rise and Shine, Sleepyheads!

I'm opening early, since I gotta be somewhere for most of the day....
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:58 AM   #3
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I so can't wait for this episode. One more hour, and I'll be able to watch it. So excited right now.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:17 AM   #4
DonatelloRules
Random Punk

Purple Dragons are official.
DonatelloRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:22 AM   #5
Utromshredderhater
Hench Mutant

Dudes

Xever's a jerk
Utromshredderhater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:23 AM   #6
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist

Tons of action in this one, loving it. Xever is a huge jerk.
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:29 AM   #7
DonatelloRules
Random Punk

Hugging in tmnt? Me like.
DonatelloRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:32 AM   #8
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist

OO looks like Shredder should be getting action soon! And man the fight scenes were wicked in this! Loving how they are fleshing out Bradford and Xever.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:33 AM   #9
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

This was an awesome episode! I loved the final fight scene, and Xever was awesome! And it looks like we'll finally see Shredder in action soon! I can't wait!

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:34 AM   #10
pannoni1
Foot Elite

The best episode of the series so far! With this, we encounter so many things: The debut of the Purple Dragons, the first appearance of Xever with Chris Brown with the Shredder giving him the hint of the Dogpound/Fishface mutations coming soon, and at the very end, Shredder's intention to fight with the Turtles himself, much more seriously compared to the end of "Rise of the Turtles". While this episode contained good fighting as always with the Foot/Purple Dragons/Xever battle that is the series' best so far, it also used the clever water tower technique that was so commonly used to defeat enemies in the OT. Speaking of OT, that Chinese Noodle man named Murakami is clearly a reference to Jimmy Murakami of MWS fame. The animation of Michelangelo used when he was imagining a tatoo looks a lot like the stock art used for OT stuff. That doesn't stop us from getting more advice from Splinter in the lair, along with some April involvement to make this an enjoying watch. I also enjoyed the animations of the street scenes and the moment where it would seem that the Turtles would be finished for a moment building up some suspense, even the point if you wondered at the end if Shredder had plans to mutate Chris and Xever.

Overall: 9/10

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!

Last edited by pannoni1; 11-10-2012 at 09:40 AM.
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:38 AM   #11
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannoni1 View Post
The best episode of the series so far! With this, we encounter so many things: The debut of the Purple Dragons, the first appearance of Xever with Chris Brown with the Shredder giving him the hint of the Dogpound/Fishface mutations coming soon, and at the very end, Shredder's intention to fight with the Turtles himself, much more seriously compared to the end of "Rise of the Turtles". While this episode contained good fighting as always with the Foot/Purple Dragons/Xever battle that is the series' best so far, it also used the clever water tower technique that was so commonly used to defeat enemies in the OT. Speaking of OT, that Chinese Noodle man named Murakami is clearly a reference to Jimmy Murakami of MWS fame. The animation of Michelangelo used when he was imagining a tatoo looks a lot like the stock art used for OT stuff. That doesn't stop us from getting more advice from Splinter in the lair, along with some April involvement to make this an enjoying watch. I also enjoyed the animations of the street scenes and the moment where it would seem that the Turtles would be finished for a moment building up some suspense.

Overall: 9/10
I had a feeling that character was a MWS easter egg. Man I'm really loving this show more and more. One thing I'm curious about, will Shredder want to mutant Xever and Bradford after he encounters the turtles? And is he going to be dealing with the Kraang?
Old 11-10-2012, 09:40 AM   #12
tmnt transformer
Stone Warrior

Finally, The purple dragons return!!!!!!!!!!!!

This Picture was drawn by BeagleTsuin from deviantart.

http://https://gleam.io/6dHF3/itam-x-el-june-xbox-giveawayle.php?id=288262&ref=288262"]http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile.php?id=288262&ref=288262[/URL]

tmnt transformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:42 AM   #13
Green Machine
Hench Mutant

Dude, they were beating up a blind guy! There's no enough!!! Man I love Raph!
Green Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:43 AM   #14
XERO
Hybrid Theorist

Quote:
the first appearance of Xever with Chris Brown
I just died.

Xever's got crazy charisma for a baddie. Plus, it doesn't hurt he has a Capoeira-based fighting style.

I swear, the fight scenes in this cartoon are getting better and better. Definitely topping the 2003 show, but that's an unfair comparison since the 2003 toon was traditional animation. You obviously can pull off more stuff with today's tech.

But back to the fighting, I'm amazed. I loved Leo and Bradford's momentary 1-1 battle before the Foot and Xever interfered. And I'll say this... if this is just a taste of what they can pull off, imagine what will go down when the Shredder steps in. I'm waitin' for that one!

BTW, the tattoo scene made me smile with Mikey's "idea" of his dream tat. Pure nostalgia.

"Travel at the speed of light... then hit the nitro!"
XERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:44 AM   #15
Utromshredderhater
Hench Mutant

What are the chances of seeing Hun
Utromshredderhater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:44 AM   #16
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

Quote:
The best episode of the series so far! With this, we encounter so many things: The debut of the Purple Dragons, the first appearance of Xever with Chris Bradford with the Shredder giving him the hint of the Dogpound/Fishface mutations coming soon
Fixed that

How does that hint at the mutations coming soon though?

This episode was great, probably my favorite so far!
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:46 AM   #17
NiNi
Hench Mutant

Another awesome episode. The fight scenes were extremely cool in my opinion. Makes me even more excited to see the next episode.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:47 AM   #18
tmnt transformer
Stone Warrior

I can't wait for the next episode! Shredder in action finally!

This Picture was drawn by BeagleTsuin from deviantart.

http://https://gleam.io/6dHF3/itam-x-el-june-xbox-giveawayle.php?id=288262&ref=288262"]http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile.php?id=288262&ref=288262[/URL]

tmnt transformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:47 AM   #19
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utromshredderhater View Post
What are the chances of seeing Hun
I doubt we will be seeing Hun return in this series.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:50 AM   #20
Shreddhead
Mad Scientist

Mike's tattoo idea was so hilariously animated and I loved everyone's eyes popping out, this show has surpassed all of my expectations.

Shreddhead is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2k12, nick