The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 11-11-2017, 12:29 AM   #21
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
ya on twitter people were loosing there **** that the TMNT were included over other DC characters
LOL, anyone who is complaining about TMNT being included is going to have my wrath brought upon them. I'm going to sic myself on these people like a rabid dog, not because they don't like TMNT, but because of how butt-hurt they are.

I'll tear them a new one. I'm going to have a lot of fun scouring tumblr, twitter and other forums for the next few days. I can't wait to raise some hell. And everyone knows good and well when I go off the hook, I cannot be stopped.

It's going to be a LONG week.

(Before anyone asks, yes I'm joking)
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 02:30 AM   #22
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
ya on twitter people were loosing there **** that the TMNT were included over other DC characters
They should be more upset with the DC characters actually included. The Atom is alright, but not exactly my go-to for a new character. Then there's Enchantress. I realize more people are aware the character exists now because of the Suicide Squad film, but that's still a very deep cut for DC.

I enjoy the guest characters, because NetherRealm really go all out with them. Mortal Kombat X had a horror foursome in Jason, Leatherface, Predator and the Alien (all that was missing was a return for Freddy, who'd guested in the prior game). Now we've got Hellboy and the Turtles. When it comes to getting licensed guest characters they don't screw around.
Old 11-11-2017, 02:37 AM   #23
Ninjinister
無問題

I wonder if this is the project Christopher Smith said he'd be Raph and Splinter in? (Splinter maybe showing up in their Super Move or Ending?)
Old 11-11-2017, 04:04 AM   #24
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Now I'm actually intetested in a Injustice game
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 04:08 AM   #25
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I'm stoked, though I do understand the hate. I mean, the Turtles are basically 4 green humans with shells. More than half the roster would kill them.
One of the heroes in the game is Batman. You know, simple human, who without plot armor would have been crushed by Superman like an insect, so I don't see why Turtles are somehow special in that regard.

TMNT most likely will be 4 character in one, like you switch turtles in the fly.

There is a rumor that creators of Arkham games, Rocksteady making a new TMNT game. Though, at the moment it's just a rumor.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 05:22 AM   #26
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
There is a rumor that creators of Arkham games, Rocksteady making a new TMNT game. Though, at the moment it's just a rumor.
This again?
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 05:33 AM   #27
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

F#ckin siiiiiiick

Quote:
That would be awesome
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 05:37 AM   #28
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Holy crap! I was asleep when the news dropped and my cat woke me up about two hours ago and I haven't been able to get back to sleep since!

I played the old Injustice game here and there and this new one wasn't on my radar at all ... but I'm definitely going to be picking it up later. I LOVED Mortal Kombat X and it looks like Injustice 2 is getting rave reviews.

Quote:
TMNT most likely will be 4 character in one, like you switch turtles in the fly.
Yeah, I'm wondering how this will exactly play out ... for selfish reasons - I would love all four, even with all of the same move set. It just gives me those Tournament Fighters vibes and I would love to play as Raphael by himself, but I guess we'll see exactly how it works out when some footage gets released.

Quote:
Good lord ... if that ends up being true, that'll be incredible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl316bh View Post
They should be more upset with the DC characters actually included. The Atom is alright, but not exactly my go-to for a new character. Then there's Enchantress. I realize more people are aware the character exists now because of the Suicide Squad film, but that's still a very deep cut for DC.

I enjoy the guest characters, because NetherRealm really go all out with them. Mortal Kombat X had a horror foursome in Jason, Leatherface, Predator and the Alien (all that was missing was a return for Freddy, who'd guested in the prior game). Now we've got Hellboy and the Turtles. When it comes to getting licensed guest characters they don't screw around.
Yeah! I loved that X pulled from so many horror movies and I hope they keep that tradition in the follow up. It was weird that they threw ill-fated Jackie Earle Haley design in the mobile version of Mortal Kombat X and didn't try to capitalize on using the classic design with the same move set for the console versions.

Man ... Hellboy AND the TMNT? This is awesome. Is this the final DLC pack for this game I suppose? There's talk of more coming out in 2018 ... but who knows. There was constant talk about another Kombat Pack for Mortal Kombat X, but that faded away.
Old 11-11-2017, 07:21 AM   #29
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

We've already got Injustice 2, which is probably my wife's favourite fighting game (and she's a massive fan of fighting games in general) so this is... very welcome news. I usually abstain from buying DLC, but I might have to make an exception here. First Hellboy and now this. NetherRealm is killing me here.

I really dig the look of them. When I first clicked the link, I was terrified we'd get some overly-complicated, jacked-up BayTurtles designs, especially considering some of the overdone costume alterations we've seen in the Injustice series already, but these look a lot like the Henson movie designs, just with a tiny bit of extra wraps and straps a la IDW. It's a solid, classic look. They're even shorter than the standard "human" characters!

And it's an extremely minor thing, but I appreciate that you can (assumedly) swap out the '87-style coloured arm and leg bands for Mirage/1990-style brown:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl316bh View Post
The only DLC characters that do kinda annoy me in Injustice are the Mortal Kombat ones, because... y'know, there's already a whole game for them. I get that it's a callback to MK vs. DC, but I just find it underwhelming in a comic fighting game to not get more comic characters instead.
Old 11-11-2017, 07:27 AM   #30
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

And just for comparison's sake:

...I love this so much, you guys.
Old 11-11-2017, 07:36 AM   #31
Allio
Foot Elite

What if gear turned the turtles into different incarnation
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 07:42 AM   #32
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist

I was already going to buy Injustice 2 but now I found my definitive Mains.

Can't wait to beat Batman's ass with Leonardo! XD

Fav Quote - 87 Leo: "TURTLES FIGHT WITH HONOUR!"
Fav Series - 2012 Nickelodeon
Fav Game - Out of the Shadows
Fav Comic - IDW Series
Fav Movie - Liebesman's TMNT (2014)
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 08:04 AM   #33
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
And it's an extremely minor thing, but I appreciate that you can (assumedly) swap out the '87-style coloured arm and leg bands for Mirage/1990-style brown:
Yeah there's probably a few different gear/shaders that'll let ya tweak the turtles a bit.
Old 11-11-2017, 08:14 AM   #34
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
We've already got Injustice 2, which is probably my wife's favourite fighting game (and she's a massive fan of fighting games in general) so this is... very welcome news. I usually abstain from buying DLC, but I might have to make an exception here. First Hellboy and now this. NetherRealm is killing me here.

I really dig the look of them. When I first clicked the link, I was terrified we'd get some overly-complicated, jacked-up BayTurtles designs, especially considering some of the overdone costume alterations we've seen in the Injustice series already, but these look a lot like the Henson movie designs, just with a tiny bit of extra wraps and straps a la IDW. It's a solid, classic look. They're even shorter than the standard "human" characters!

https://s17.postimg.org/s9xs020xr/injusticetmnt1.jpg

https://s17.postimg.org/9hlwwgwtr/injusticetmnt2.jpg

The only DLC characters that do kinda annoy me in Injustice are the Mortal Kombat ones, because... y'know, there's already a whole game for them. I get that it's a callback to MK vs. DC, but I just find it underwhelming in a comic fighting game to not get more comic characters instead.
I'm completely with ya on everything! Who would've guessed that in a game we weren't expecting to see the TMNT in at all ... we'd get some of the coolest designs. I cannot wait to see some gameplay footage of these guys.

You're right too in regards to the Mortal Kombat characters, it's not like Batman or Superman get thrown in as DLC for their series. There is that call back, but I'd much rather have other comic franchises thrown in if possible as opposed to MK characters in these.
Old 11-11-2017, 08:40 AM   #35
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
One of the heroes in the game is Batman. You know, simple human, who without plot armor would have been crushed by Superman like an insect, so I don't see why Turtles are somehow special in that regard.
True, but plot armor, but Batman has been shown beating Superman and whatnot before. I love the turtles but Raph can't touch Superman, but you know, whatevs. I mean might as well toss in Kick-Ass in there too and have him whup the snot out of Darkseid.

Now I do hope they go back and record new lines for the characters in reaction to the turtles. Don't mix and match the old stuff, record new lines for the pre fight scenes. Hopefully some references between the Turtles and Batman.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 08:47 AM   #36
AquaParade
Banned

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=08bolLn04cc

Check out the crowd reaction to the TMNT reveal. As a fan in general, it's really cool to see.

And yes, loving the Henson TMNT vibe. Fantastic.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 08:53 AM   #37
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Yeah there's probably a few different gear/shaders that'll let ya tweak the turtles a bit.
I will actually cry tears of joy if we get this as an option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
You're right too in regards to the Mortal Kombat characters, it's not like Batman or Superman get thrown in as DLC for their series. There is that call back, but I'd much rather have other comic franchises thrown in if possible as opposed to MK characters in these.
See, if I were a head honcho at NetherRealm, what I'd do is save the MK characters as DLC and instead give customers who own Mortal Kombat XL and Injustice 2 Ultimate Edition the ability to "lock on" the two games into one giant Mortal Kombat vs. DC experience. Even at a bit of an extra price to unlock. That would be something else. I believe they both use the same engine, so I can't imagine it'd even be that difficult. Though I'm sure the bean-counters think padding Injustice 2 DLC packs with a couple MK characters is more profitable, so...

Last edited by Bry; 11-11-2017 at 09:00 AM.
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 09:18 AM   #38
Diorm
Hench Mutant

Now that is the design they should always get in a videogame or movie! I wonder if they are a character played as a team. That would be original.
And yeah, I'll still wait for the unavoidable Ultimate version to get all the characters at once. Like I did with Injustice 1.

Last edited by Diorm; 11-12-2017 at 05:40 AM.
Diorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 09:35 AM   #39
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

They're probably all one character with each turtle being a premium shader, like what they did with Freeze and Snart.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 10:26 AM   #40
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I haven't played the game due to lack of PS4 but do Cold and Freeze play exactly the same? I kinda hope they don't have one base Turtle you can switch between them as 'different outfits' because then the different weapons would just be 'there', like Zombie Liu Kang's chains that don't really do anything. I'd much rather have Leo as the base and have certain attacks call in the others or temporarily switch the Turtles or something. I mean... what else can they really do if they want to somehow combine 4 characters into one?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
injustice 2, peanut