The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 09:18 PM   #41
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
This has been a rough day. I broke down listening to her call out in the video.

We need to change. This isn't the America we were supposed to grow into.
I don't always agree with you, C42, but that is the wisest and most heartbreaking thing you've ever said.

I weep with that woman and with you. If only more people wept with us instead of making excuses for the system and the racists who hide behind authority.
Old 07-07-2016, 09:22 PM   #42
Commenter 42
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
Tasers are actually considered non-leathal. Tasers have saved many lives, bc instead of an officer having to use a gun or pepper spray they can use a stun gun. Pepper spray actually kills more people due to food allergies. Tasers can kill people that have heart conditions, thats the only major down side.
This is what sucks about the Sterling incident, bc the Stun-Gun failed for some reason. The stun-gun should have subdued the subject.....

I agree with you that something needs to be done, but nothing probably will get done.........
The subject had a name, and secondly, while I get that you're looking in from the other side, maybe tho, drop the defense a little, and take off the blinders. We all saw the video, and it simply wasn't right.

It. was. wrong.

I agree with Snake, in that yeah, some stereotypes have been well earned, whole lot of thugs have made profiling easier - but 600 killed, and 5 since the start of July, just from cops?

If anything, do us all a favor, and think hard on this situ. Let it resonate.
You folks are there to keep the peace, not destroy lives. Y'all are supposed to be the good guys.

Just saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I don't always agree with you, C42, but that is the wisest and most heartbreaking thing you've ever said.
I weep with that woman and with you. If only more people wept with us instead of making excuses for the system and the racists who hide behind authority.
Thnx.

I even felt for the Minnesota cop... stupid as he is, he's as much a victim now, it's obvious. He's done. He's going to be broken for a long time.

Those two with Alton were looking for a reason. The execution was cold, like they were running a drill.
Someone said it wasn't even a gun...but an old phone.

They should be in jail.

Last edited by Commenter 42; 07-07-2016 at 09:41 PM.
Old 07-07-2016, 09:56 PM   #43
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Ultimately... we're just a really terrible species and an invasive plague. But I guess you don't get to the top as the dominate species by being nice. If we were a nice species, we'd have gone extinct or never made it past the trees.

Personally... maybe we should at the very least get rid of the concealed carry thing. Too problematic and at the very least, if it was left out in the open, the only action sort of possible is to show an obvious move to keep the hands way from it.

What I don't get is that knife laws in my state are such that it is illegal to carry anything other than a folding pocket knife (up to 3" max) concealed. Heck, having it in your car counts as concealed. Nor have I've ever heard of any special knife permits. Why on Earth then is it okay for firearms...

It's unlikely I could kill or harm anyone too bad with a 4" knife from 10 feet away (maybe only if it was a throwing knife and I was good at it), but if I had a 4" knife concealed... well omg? Hell, they could be 20 feet away by the time I pulled it out. Our laws are so messed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
You know I'm surprised someone doesn't take this anti-cop sentiment too far. One day one crazy guy is going to go shoot up a police station as "retaliation" and then the crap will really hit the fan.

I can't imagine the backlash that would happen if cops get shot by a bunch of random guys, and then see how the cops respond to that in all future cases.
That's already been happening.

Remember this case a while ago?

Quote:
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-co...ir-car-n272436

Investigators believe the gunman who ambushed and fatally shot two New York City Police Department officers Saturday boasted on social media that "I'm putting wings on pigs today" before the killings. The Instagram post also references Michael Brown and Eric Garner, two unarmed black men who died in confrontations with police.

Police said Ismaaiyl Brinsley, 28, walked up to a police car in the Bedford-Stuyvesant section of Brooklyn at 2:47 p.m. and shot officers Wenjian Liu and Rafael Ramos through the passenger side window, fatally striking both in the head. Brinsley then ran to a nearby subway station where he turned the gun on himself, police said.
And the cops were both minorities like the gunman...

Edit: And I guess now on CNN...

Quote:
http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/07/us/phi...ion/index.html

Multiple police officers have been killed during a protest in Dallas over shootings by police of black men in Louisiana and Minnesota.
Three Dallas police officers were killed and eight others were wounded, Dallas Police Chief David Brown and the City of Dallas said in separate statements.

One Dallas Area Rapid Transit officer was fatally shot, the agency tweeted.

It's not clear if Brown included the DART officers in his tally.

Brown said two snipers shot the 10 from elevated positions during a protest. Two officers are in surgery and three are in critical condition. No suspects were in custody.
Screw it, this country just needs to be terminated and start over. Be it cops doing it or civilians... I hate our species.

Gonna go find a portal to parallel world where TMNT are real and go live with them. At least that world has them to at least try to keep the stupid humans under control.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 07-07-2016 at 10:07 PM.
Old 07-07-2016, 10:09 PM   #44
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
Can we talk about the cops and civilians shot at the Dallas protests here or should that be a new topic?

http://www.fox4news.com/news/171359952-story
This thread is cluttered and will probably get closed. Go ahead and make a new topic. God have mercy on us all.
Old 07-07-2016, 10:11 PM   #45
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Gonna go find a portal to parallel world where TMNT are real and go live with them. At least that world has them to at least try to keep the stupid humans under control.
I might join you
Old 07-07-2016, 10:21 PM   #46
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
The subject had a name, and secondly, while I get that you're looking in from the other side, maybe tho, drop the defense a little, and take off the blinders. We all saw the video, and it simply wasn't right.

It. was. wrong.

I agree with Snake, in that yeah, some stereotypes have been well earned, whole lot of thugs have made profiling easier - but 600 killed, and 5 since the start of July, just from cops?

If anything, do us all a favor, and think hard on this situ. Let it resonate.
You folks are there to keep the peace, not destroy lives. Y'all are supposed to be the good guys.

Just saying.
This is why I made that statement. I am not cop even though you assumed I was. I am/was a cadet/trainee. (I broke my foot)
Also I used the word "subject" bc I was talking about use of the taser on everyone in general and simply used 3 person.

Reading your post it sound like YOU DONT THINK COPS HAVE THE RIGHT TO DEFEND THEMSELVES???????? bc in the shooting of Mr. Sterling HE HAD A GUN!!!! THE GUN WAS OUT ON THE GROUND AND WITHIN REACH!!!! MR.STERLING WAS STILL FIGHTING WITH THE OFFICERS!!!! THE ONLY REASON I CANNOT JUSTIFY OR CONDEM THE SHOOTING AND ACTIONS OF THE OFFICERS IS BC I CANNOT TELL WHETHER OR NOT MR.STERLING TRIED TO GRAB FOR THE GUN.

Man in Minnesota was ridiculous and the officer needs to face some sort of chargers weather that be 3RD Degree Murder or Voluntary/Involuntary Manslaughter.

Edit Philando Castile was the name of the man shot in Minnesota RIP

Last edited by Redeemer; 07-07-2016 at 10:32 PM.
Old 07-07-2016, 10:21 PM   #47
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Of course this mess in Dallas is happening when I'm attending a wedding there on Saturday. I was kind of worried sh*t would be going down, and look at that! Sh*t going down. Not completely in the way I was concerned about, though.
Old 07-07-2016, 10:36 PM   #48
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Of course this mess in Dallas is happening when I'm attending a wedding there on Saturday. I was kind of worried sh*t would be going down, and look at that! Sh*t going down. Not completely in the way I was concerned about, though.
Wow that stinks. Hopefully nothing like this will happen while you are actually there.

Sorry for all the post people this is my last I promise. I just wanted to share something I put on my Facebook.

"Tonight I was actually going to post the video of the two recent Police Shooting in Minnasota and Louisiana and share my thoughts and opinions of the two and why I believe the two incidents are completely different. But there is only one thing I can say and recommend...is.......Pray. Pray for the souls of the two men who died and pray for the officers who shot the those men and for all the families impacted. Pray for God to deliver justice and pray for Dallas tonight and America in general.‪#‎PRAY‬"
Old 07-07-2016, 10:51 PM   #49
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

The part I was worried about was someone getting mad that an interracial same-sex marriage was taking place, but clearly, the attention is going elsewhere.

Also, there's one more
Old 07-08-2016, 08:12 AM   #50
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Travel safe when you do, Utrom.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 07-08-2016, 08:27 AM   #51
Katie
Just...way too serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
The part I was worried about was someone getting mad that an interracial same-sex marriage was taking place, but clearly, the attention is going elsewhere.

Also, there's one more
Also, y'know, not every single person in Southern states is waiting with torches to "get" minorities, no matter the variety.

And any who do think like that will likely keep their thoughts to themselves. I'm multiracial. In an interracial relationship and have been to same-sex weddings. In Alabama. Not saying people don't dislike it, but 99.9999 % won't act on it.

Just saying
Old 07-08-2016, 08:33 AM   #52
Shark_Blade
Emperor

I have LOADS of examples of corrupt police (aka murderers) killing innocent citizens.

Here's one for now I extracted.

Black Teen Fatally Shot By Austin Police Was Naked And Unarmed

A black teenager who was naked and acting erratically in an Austin, Texas, neighborhood Monday was unarmed when he was fatally shot by police, the Austin Police Department says.

Police say that on Monday morning they received multiple calls from residents of the neighborhood in the northeast of the city reporting the teen, now identified as 17-year-old David Joseph, was “acting erratically” and “chasing” another male in a nearby apartment complex.

The 911 dispatcher told The officer the teen had no weapons that were reported and that he was unarmed before the officer arrived at the scene at about 10 a.m. Freeman told police that Joseph did not listen to his commands before shooting.

“Mr. Joseph ultimately charged at the officer and that’s when shots were fired,” Manley said, noting Freeman fired just seconds after the confrontation began.

Police are reporting that although the dashboard camera recorded audio, it didn’t record video of the incident because most of the incident just happened to occur “outside of the frame.” The audio recording has not yet been made public.

Manley wouldn’t say if a stun gun was deployed by the officer during the incident, but seeing as the teen was obviously unarmed, There were other non-lethal forms of restraint that could have been used.

The teen died Monday at Round Rock Medical Center.
#StayWoke

- ****ING HELL

- It’s as if the Police have a ever-building hatred against male Black bodies..
Support Daily Public Displays of Disdain to Police Officials because this needs to end. Support of the Police needs to end. The Police are bad. Not all officers do this, but all officers support the Police and are therefore bad. Why is that such a hard concept to grasp — still don’t get it?: Reread this entire post
Old 07-08-2016, 08:49 AM   #53
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
I have LOADS of examples of corrupt police (aka murderers) killing innocent citizens.

Here's one for now I extracted.

Black Teen Fatally Shot By Austin Police Was Naked And Unarmed
Spoiler:

A black teenager who was naked and acting erratically in an Austin, Texas, neighborhood Monday was unarmed when he was fatally shot by police, the Austin Police Department says.

Police say that on Monday morning they received multiple calls from residents of the neighborhood in the northeast of the city reporting the teen, now identified as 17-year-old David Joseph, was “acting erratically” and “chasing” another male in a nearby apartment complex.

The 911 dispatcher told The officer the teen had no weapons that were reported and that he was unarmed before the officer arrived at the scene at about 10 a.m. Freeman told police that Joseph did not listen to his commands before shooting.

“Mr. Joseph ultimately charged at the officer and that’s when shots were fired,” Manley said, noting Freeman fired just seconds after the confrontation began.

Police are reporting that although the dashboard camera recorded audio, it didn’t record video of the incident because most of the incident just happened to occur “outside of the frame.” The audio recording has not yet been made public.

Manley wouldn’t say if a stun gun was deployed by the officer during the incident, but seeing as the teen was obviously unarmed, There were other non-lethal forms of restraint that could have been used.

The teen died Monday at Round Rock Medical Center.
#StayWoke

- ****ING HELL

- It’s as if the Police have a ever-building hatred against male Black bodies..
Support Daily Public Displays of Disdain to Police Officials because this needs to end. Support of the Police needs to end. The Police are bad. Not all officers do this, but all officers support the Police and are therefore bad. Why is that such a hard concept to grasp — still don’t get it?: Reread this entire post
As someone who lives in this community and has had time to hear both sides of the case, news has been coming out and facts discovered that lead many to believe that this young man was on some serious bath-salts-esque drugs and had severe mental issues.

I believe this particular police officer when he says he feared for his life. The young man's death is regrettable, but I don't feel a grave injustice was done here. Perhaps there was another way to resolve this situation, one that didn't have to result with a death, but I'm not outraged by this; simply grieved.
Old 07-08-2016, 08:55 AM   #54
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie View Post
Also, y'know, not every single person in Southern states is waiting with torches to "get" minorities, no matter the variety.

And any who do think like that will likely keep their thoughts to themselves. I'm multiracial. In an interracial relationship and have been to same-sex weddings. In Alabama. Not saying people don't dislike it, but 99.9999 % won't act on it.

Just saying
Yes, but it doesn't hurt to be cautious. I can't blame anyone for being cautious right now, regardless of any of those factors.
Old 07-08-2016, 11:04 AM   #55
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
As someone who lives in this community and has had time to hear both sides of the case, news has been coming out and facts discovered that lead many to believe that this young man was on some serious bath-salts-esque drugs and had severe mental issues.

I believe this particular police officer when he says he feared for his life. The young man's death is regrettable, but I don't feel a grave injustice was done here. Perhaps there was another way to resolve this situation, one that didn't have to result with a death, but I'm not outraged by this; simply grieved.
This. My city has had a bath salt incident and y'know how the officers handled it? He ended up jumping through a window, killing himself. They were too cautious.

And what makes David Joeseph special? If he was on drugs let alone bath salts, why is he considered such a hero now?
Old 07-08-2016, 11:06 AM   #56
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
This. My city has had a bath salt incident and y'know how the officers handled it? He ended up jumping through a window, killing himself. They were too cautious.
If a cop thinks a kid is about to try and eat his face, I am very sympathetic towards him shooting the perceived threat.

This is a situation much different than the horrible fate of Philando Castile.
Old 07-08-2016, 11:10 AM   #57
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
Yes, but it doesn't hurt to be cautious. I can't blame anyone for being cautious right now, regardless of any of those factors.
Cautious of what? You're putting a victim shroud on for what reason. No one is out to get you.
Old 07-08-2016, 11:18 AM   #58
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Cautious of what? You're putting a victim shroud on for what reason. No one is out to get you.
But that doesn't mean disaster can't occur even if you're not doing anything wrong. Like what happened with the civilians that were harmed by the sniper in Dallas. They were completely innocent.
Old 07-08-2016, 12:43 PM   #59
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

http://www.fox29.com/news/local-news/171603441-story

Well that's awkward. Guy (white) is appropriately shot after actually pulling a gun on police and pointing it at them, but "is expected to survive."

Soooo... was it luck or do these cops need to train others how to aim for non-vital areas and not shoot to kill? Hm.
Old 07-08-2016, 01:47 PM   #60
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
But that doesn't mean disaster can't occur even if you're not doing anything wrong. Like what happened with the civilians that were harmed by the sniper in Dallas. They were completely innocent.
As long as BLM protests don't come to your area you should be fine. You're in the south right? I'm just saying chances are very low anything will happen to you in specific.
Closed Thread

Tags
cybercubed is justice, cybercubed the policeman