The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2019, 08:07 AM   #481
mikey see
Thug
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by teemu View Post
If they were $15 bucks,they would have barely any articulation...
The articulation looks to be pretty darn limited already, doesn't it? I know we're only looking at prototypes (which is annoying) but I believe I read that they were keeping the POA low because they were aiming for that nostalgia market. Whiiiich to me just sounds like a lazy way out of putting in better articulation.

Of course NECA doesn't have great articulation either so I guess Super7 doesn't need to aim very high to compete.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 11:43 AM   #482
italianice388
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: NEW YORK
Posts: 33
What's everyone's top 10 most wanted figures for this line?
italianice388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 02:01 PM   #483
Otter
Foot Soldier
 
Otter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australia
Posts: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by italianice388 View Post
What's everyone's top 10 most wanted figures for this line?
Usagi
Usagi
Usagi
Triceraton
Man Ray
Monty Moose
Leatherhead
Wingnut & Screwloose
Casey Jones

... really, that's about it.
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 02:42 PM   #484
teemu
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by italianice388 View Post
What's everyone's top 10 most wanted figures for this line?
Casey Jones
Ace Duck
Muckman w Joe eyeball
General Traag
Wingnut w/Screwloose
Leatherhead
Scumbug
Usagi Yojimbo
Ray Fillet
Triceraton
teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 03:39 PM   #485
Lordmylar06
Stone Warrior
 
Lordmylar06's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Hurst, TX
Posts: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by italianice388 View Post
What's everyone's top 10 most wanted figures for this line?
Besides the ones already revealed:

Slash
Mondo Gecko
Wingnut & Screwloose
Ray Filet
Leatherhead
Shredder
Rat King
Bebop
Rocksteady
Krang
Lordmylar06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 06:00 PM   #486
teemu
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
The articulation looks to be pretty darn limited already, doesn't it? I know we're only looking at prototypes (which is annoying) but I believe I read that they were keeping the POA low because they were aiming for that nostalgia market. Whiiiich to me just sounds like a lazy way out of putting in better articulation.

Of course NECA doesn't have great articulation either so I guess Super7 doesn't need to aim very high to compete.
where is this "limited" articulation you are talking about? They look to have the same articulation as MOTU Classics
teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 06:27 PM   #487
spookycookies
Hench Mutant
 
spookycookies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: NEPA
Posts: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by italianice388 View Post
What's everyone's top 10 most wanted figures for this line?
Slash
Metalhead
Muckman
Mutagen Man
WingNut
Casey Jones
Mondo Gecko
Pizza Face
Rat King
Wyrm
spookycookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 06:59 PM   #488
italianice388
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: NEW YORK
Posts: 33
Seeing a lot of Man Ray / Ray Fillet on here! That's exciting. He was def one of my favorites.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ray.jpg (48.7 KB, 5 views)
italianice388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 07:00 PM   #489
Powder
Salami Origami
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell Ri La
Posts: 25,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by spookycookies View Post
Slash
Metalhead
Muckman
Mutagen Man
WingNut
Casey Jones
Mondo Gecko
Pizza Face
Rat King
Wyrm
Virtually the same, wow. I'd just switch out the ones that would be too close to the inevitable NECA releases (Metalhead, Casey, Rat King) in favor of Ray Fillet, Scaletail, & Punker Don.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 07:25 PM   #490
xZAOx
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: TN
Posts: 667
Not going to list them all out, but basically:

-Mutanimals
-Usagi
-Rare end-of-line stuff (Scratch, Half-Court, maybe 1 or 2 others?)

I really hope to see something "oddball" in each wave too. Like next wave to me would be great if it was:

-Another turtle
-Krang w/ suit
-Scratch
-Mutagen Man

Basically like each wave:

-A turtle (because I suspect they sell best) / main hero
-A main villain
-A secondary/tertiary character, get the deep-cuts in early and spread it all out
-[Variety pick!]

I wonder if they can do other / larger things too. The vintage line was very notable for all the playsets and vehicles. Or some larger figures here and there, or stuff that has never had a toy. Like could they do some stuff from the Archie series? Cudley the Cowlick? Null?

No interest in:

-The bajillion TMNT variants (undercover, sports, wacky action, Star Trek, etc, on and on)
xZAOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 07:41 PM   #491
italianice388
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: NEW YORK
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by xZAOx View Post
Not going to list them all out, but basically:

-Mutanimals
-Usagi
-Rare end-of-line stuff (Scratch, Half-Court, maybe 1 or 2 others?)

I really hope to see something "oddball" in each wave too. Like next wave to me would be great if it was:

-Another turtle
-Krang w/ suit
-Scratch
-Mutagen Man

Basically like each wave:

-A turtle (because I suspect they sell best) / main hero
-A main villain
-A secondary/tertiary character, get the deep-cuts in early and spread it all out
-[Variety pick!]

I wonder if they can do other / larger things too. The vintage line was very notable for all the playsets and vehicles. Or some larger figures here and there, or stuff that has never had a toy. Like could they do some stuff from the Archie series? Cudley the Cowlick? Null?

No interest in:

-The bajillion TMNT variants (undercover, sports, wacky action, Star Trek, etc, on and on)

FULLY agreed on all the above! I want to see all the awesome 80s/90s mutant designs re-imagined and re-mastered, particularly the non-standard bebop/rocksteady/turtles mutants. Funny that pretty much no one has listed bebop and rocksteady on their lists. I guess NECA's got that covered already.

As for the TMNT variants, I loved them back then, but I also don't see any purpose in doing those again in 2019/2020.
italianice388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 08:05 PM   #492
xZAOx
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: TN
Posts: 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by italianice388 View Post
Funny that pretty much no one has listed bebop and rocksteady on their lists. I guess NECA's got that covered already.
For me I just consider it a given. Shredder / the 4 turtles / Krang (at the least, in his walker) / Bebop / Rocksteady / April / Splinter / Foot I consider the "mainstays" when doing anything even adjacent to the cartoon. I suspect that list will all just happen naturally over the course of 2020, so the fun is in discussing all the other possibilities

Event though NECA, after like, a decade of TMNT stuff, just finally did their first Splinter figure, geez guys.
xZAOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 09:07 PM   #493
spookycookies
Hench Mutant
 
spookycookies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: NEPA
Posts: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Virtually the same, wow. I'd just switch out the ones that would be too close to the inevitable NECA releases (Metalhead, Casey, Rat King) in favor of Ray Fillet, Scaletail, & Punker Don.
I know Slash & Metal Head are already being done by NECA but I think being based on the Playmates line it would be really cool to see the metallic sheen on Metal Head and the bulky sculpt of Playmates Slash.
spookycookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:12 PM   #494
Obbie
Thug
 
Obbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ohiya
Posts: 58
SureThingToys has the 4 figs for 174.99 and free shipping.
Obbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:39 PM   #495
Chris
Mad Scientist
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 1,429
Ok, getting very tempted to pick up Raph and Splinter now that the weapons rack issue is cleared up.

$37 shipping to the UK sucks (makes it $127 for 2 figures) but honestly is about what I'd expect. Does anyone know if they charge now or when they ship?

Or does anyone know a better place to order from the UK? How does BBTS pile of loot work? Would I be able to add wave 2 figures and combine the shipment when they come up for pre-order?

Edit - just seen the top 10 lists so here goes (mine are pretty basic)

Leonardo
Michaelangelo
Donatello
April O'Neil
Casey Jones
Shredder
Bebop
Rocksteady
Krang

Ok, not quite 10 but I really can't afford to go deep with this line so just sticking with the absolute major characters. Rat King and Leatherhead would be big temptations for me, but since I'm likely having to pass on Baxter I imagine I'd pass on them too. For a wild card I'd probably throw Ninjara on there as number 10 as I always felt she should have had a figure in the vintage line.

Last edited by Chris; Yesterday at 05:45 PM.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:41 AM   #496
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist
 
I Crave Pizza No More's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 1,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by italianice388 View Post
Seeing a lot of Man Ray / Ray Fillet on here! That's exciting. He was def one of my favorites.
Would be killer if they made him color-change like the original!
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:52 AM   #497
Otter
Foot Soldier
 
Otter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australia
Posts: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Crave Pizza No More View Post
Would be killer if they made him color-change like the original!
I'm NOT keen on that.
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:31 PM   #498
King Kahn
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 160
I am sold now that they fixed the weapon issue. I didn't want to cut weapons off sprus for my 45.00 figure. This is the best of both worlds.

Now I just need to know if they will have retro/classic looking packaging. If they do I will def buy 2 of each.
__________________
signiture line?! SIGNATURE LINE!!! I need no signature line!!!
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:43 PM   #499
Leonarjoe
Mouser
 
Leonarjoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: United States
Posts: 5
I am for sure in for the Turtles. Would love to get the others, but gotta worry about space and budget.
Leonarjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.