The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Music

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-06-2015, 02:10 PM   #1
Prowler
Emperor

The Metal Music Thread

I've noticed there's a sizable amount of users who are into Metal here in the 'Drome. And since there isn't a thread to talk about one of my favorite genres, I decided to make this one.

So, where shall I begin? Metal... I got into it when I was a teenager around 2008. I had listened to several songs and bands of its various sub-genres as a kid, but didn't really get into it until I was 17-18. Carrying on, I immediately fell in love with Iron Maiden's and Metallica's classic stuff. Then I went on to Megadeth, Slayer, Black Sabbath, Testament, Anthrax, Kreator, Pantera, Sodom, Morbid Angel and Death later. Didn't actually get into Judas priest until like 2012. As silly as this songs, the song Breaking the Law turned me off from them and I just couldn't grasp why it was so popular and praised.

Nowadays I listen to more genres, but obviously still enjoy Metal.

Favorite bands? Already mentioned a bunch of them above, but I'd like to add Týr, Finntroll, Blind Guardian, Crimson Glory, Bolt Thrower, Baphory, Sepultura, Eluveitie, Equillibrium, Manowar... and **** that, the list goes on AND ON. There's no way I can remember every single one of them. You get my point

Now, when it comes to sub-genres, I took a quick liking to thrash metal, but as I got older I began enjoying death and folk metal more. I must admit I'm not big into black metal, though. But not many are, so I defintiely dont' feel alone on this one.

So, what about you? What's your story in the Metal genre? Your favorite bands, genres, etc? Your turn, now.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote