The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Should the original cut be released?
Yes 8 80.00%
No 1 10.00%
Not the actual cut but certainly the deleted scenes 1 10.00%
Make a cheap animated movie based on the alien turtle script instead 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-14-2021, 07:01 PM   #1
neatoman
Emperor

Anybody wanna see the original cut?

Not that I think that it would have been that much better mind you. It might have been better in terms of having more scenes to flesh things out and there wouldn't have been the embarrasing part where one villain was arbitrarily turned into two. The story would still have been largely the same and the character design would still have been ugly, so still not too pleasant of an experience.

So while I don't think the original cut would have made for a good movie, I am still curious to see what it is like. There is also this fact that it is one of the few movies where we know with 100% certainty that the theatrical cut has some signifigant changes from what they almost released. At least for Rambo we have actually seen the "Rambo dies" ending. This one? The deleted scenes have never been shown. That alone kind makes me want it, even though I know it's probably not even good.

So... Anybody else want to see it?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 07:55 PM   #2
Powder
So tired of this place

I don't think the "original cut" ever really existed, but yes, even if it was destined to be a dumpster fire no matter what, I'd definitely have preferred to see a more cohesive dumpster fire.

We know at least that they got rid of the scenes of mutagen being used on Foot Soldiers to the effect of body horror, as well as Shredder executing several for their failures, & Raphael being ushered through Times Square in fedora & trench coat were all cut, as well as various non-specific turtle centric moments. A lot of what was removed, from what I've read, seemed to be to lighten up the tone, but in the process, the already sketchy plot got a ton more holes poked in it.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 07:59 PM   #3
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I would like to see the original cut of the movie where they shot scenes that were never used. The stuff like Raph in the trench coat that was shot. and I believe there was some story stuff that was changed. The reshoots were to add more humor. So it looked like the movie originally had somewhat of a serious tone in some places.
Old 02-14-2021, 08:10 PM   #4
superstaff
Mad Scientist

I disliked the 2014 movie, but I'd love to see the original cut. I'm curious about what it would have been like.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 05:22 PM   #5
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

A shooting script leak would suffice. Preferably something from around the beginning of shooting.
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 05:32 PM   #6
sdp
-

Anyone played the Nintendo DS game? Isn't the script in that version before reshoots and Sachs is Shredder?
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 05:33 PM   #7
Leo656
The Franchise

I'd rather saw my sack off with a nail file than watch ANY cut of ANY of the BayTurtles movies.

Just to be perfectly clear about it.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 06:15 PM   #8
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I'd rather saw my sack off with a nail file than watch ANY cut of ANY of the BayTurtles movies.

Just to be perfectly clear about it.
I bought the second one because it was an early 4k release and I wanted to watch something in that resolution.

I've watched it a total sum of... once. On one hand I loved that it they went the Animated Series route, but on the other hand I can't stand the 7' tall hood-rat Turtles.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 06:21 PM   #9
Leo656
The Franchise

I've seen the CinemaSins on each of them and that is all I am EVER going to see.

By the end of either video, I wanted to light every single person involved with those movies on fire and throw them off a cliff while they were still burning.

I don't wanna overstate anything. But I sincerely would rather blow my own head off than watch either of those movies, ever.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 06:26 PM   #10
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Anyone played the Nintendo DS game? Isn't the script in that version before reshoots and Sachs is Shredder?
The game was so different from the actual movie. You fought a bunch of mutants and there's even one point where Slash is one of the boss fights.
Old 02-15-2021, 06:56 PM   #11
Galactus
Foot Elite

Morbidly curious.

We know they did film the turtles doing actual martial arts and all the actors agreed that there was more character work they did that ended up on the cutting room floor. A darker tone seems to be a given and I imagine the plot would make more 'sense' all of which sounds better than what we got but the Eric Sachs ******** and the turtles apparently fighting random mutagen monsters sounded underwhelming. Parts of the movie would definitely better while others worse. I imagine rather than good it would just be a different kind of bad.

The movie was recently on TV and a caught most of it. What gets me is how needlessly bad the whole thing is. We know every iteration of the movie from the early concept meetings, to the Blue Door script, to shooting to all the re-shoots a sequence of events was constant. The turtles lair is raided and they are captured and brought to a Foot base on top of a mountain were they are kept in cages. They break out and slide down the mountain on their shells. You could tell they really thought those scenes were the big selling point of the movie hence why they were in all the trailers and the well done if you go in for the Bay style. Also these are not particularly un-TMNT you could easily fit a more faithful version of a TMNT movie around it. They just didn't.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 08:14 PM   #12
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

It's just sheer curiosity on my end.

Leak the damn script!
Old 02-16-2021, 01:40 PM   #13
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

I'm very interested in alternate cuts, but in this case the original cut would be comprised of super-unfinished CG, animatics and tons of footage of actors in their motion capture suits. Though a fascinating look into the making of such films, the whole thing would be very tedious and not quite representational of how a final cut of said version would play had they not changed it.

That said, I'd still watch it if only for the sake of curiosity.
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 02:45 PM   #14
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtfbomb View Post
...the original cut would be comprised of super-unfinished CG, animatics and tons of footage of actors in their motion capture suits. Though a fascinating look into the making of such films, the whole thing would be very tedious and not quite representational of how a final cut of said version would play had they not changed it.

That said, I'd still watch it if only for the sake of curiosity.
Even better! That's how the Wolverine Origins workprint looked when it leaked way back when. VERY crude, but fun to watch.
Old 02-16-2021, 03:44 PM   #15
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Doubtful it would add anything to/for the TMNT, so can't say the thought interests me much. I would very much like to see any deleted Turtles stuff, but I doubt there is any, and certainly not rendered out. The human-only scenes get boring so fast in those films and that's probably what we'd get for the most part if there was anything else to see...

As far as the Shredder thing is concerned, Asian Shredder was barely in it anyhow. His only "interaction" with the Turtles was all via a CGI Shredder and Eric Sacks still got all of the face to face stuff with them.

(I'd still pay money for a rendered out bloopers reel of the Turtles though. You can't get more "real" than seeing the Turtles messing up their own lines and goofing off. )
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote