The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 08-01-2019, 03:33 AM   #1
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Ready To Storm Area 51 and see Them Aliens?

That's right , and supposedly 1.7 million are planning for the event on Friday, September 20, 2019 at 3-6AM PDT.

So the nightmare of logistics even aside, who's going?
Society consistently complains about the absence of love in society, but in a self-absorbed narcissism driven society, love will not germinate. It's because the purest expression of love is self-sacrificial behavior for the benefit of others, and who would want to make those sacrifices to their own detriment?
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 03:53 AM   #2
Wildcat
Mad Scientist

The thing is if they ever did have aliens or alien technology it’s probably been moved because Area 51 became so famous.

There’s no doubt in my mind the government has some proof of aliens but it’s probably not there anymore.
Old 08-01-2019, 05:35 AM   #3
newfan
Mad Scientist

Yeah I was thinking that, even if there WAS anything, doesn't mean it's there now and also, the date for this storm is known.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 02:11 PM   #4
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

And if there was anything... lets be honest, if Trump surely would have inside info on that now I can't see him not wanting to make it public. lol More than two years and nothing? I figured then that the aliens probably aren't real. lol

If any idiots really do try to go storm Area 51, I hope they can take as many other idiots when them and, well... good luck! Might be a great way to cull the herd of some of the idiots.

Though I've also seen it joked that that many have responded via FB with "planning" on attending... but probably five will show up.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 02:19 PM   #5
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I mean, it's a joke from start to finish. The guy who started it never even intended on it happening and then it blew out of control.

It's very unlikely for anything to happen. Especially with Area 51 being really hard to even reach, and is even dangerously hard since it's in a desert. Let alone on foot.
Old 08-01-2019, 02:49 PM   #6
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
And if there was anything... lets be honest, if Trump surely would have inside info on that now I can't see him not wanting to make it public. lol More than two years and nothing? I figured then that the aliens probably aren't real. lol
This is a good point.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 04:30 PM   #7
Prowler
Emperor

Clearly some people have too much free time on their hands. Also, they want social media points.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 04:31 PM   #8
Vegita-San
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
The thing is if they ever did have aliens or alien technology itís probably been moved because Area 51 became so famous.

Thereís no doubt in my mind the government has some proof of aliens but itís probably not there anymore.
i mean, if Bishop thought to do this, surely our military would
Old 08-01-2019, 11:45 PM   #9
Wildcat
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
i mean, if Bishop thought to do this, surely our military would
Ha, ya. Now theyíre somewhere even more hidden.

All youíre gonna find at Area 51 now are actual weather balloons
Old 08-01-2019, 11:57 PM   #10
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

This can't even happen, for purely logistical reasons. A million people driving down a one lane road for hours after they land in Las Vegas airport? Parking where, exactly?

It'll end up being like 30 crazies, 10 of which get in "the zone" and get turned around.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 01:39 AM   #11
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

They'd have to be wildly fit too. No nerdy neckbeard is going to get very far at all. But I think anyone fit enough to get that far is going to have common sense enough to not get that far.

Even then, they'd still probably struggle through the heat of Nevada in September.
Old 08-02-2019, 01:52 AM   #12
Leo656
The Franchise

I wish social media gave people cancer.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 02:26 AM   #13
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I wish social media gave people cancer.
Given the amount of murders and suicides caused by social media...isn't it cancerous enough already?
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 02:49 AM   #14
Leo656
The Franchise

Absolutely not. I'm far from patient even on a good day.

It should be like instant-feedback. "You are invited to join (Random Facebook Group)!" "Okay... accept!" "HAH! Tumors, BITCH!" Just like that.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 05:44 AM   #15
Voltron
Ableist

With all due respect, Leo. Cancer takes a bit of time to kill someone and is a terrible burden on our health system. Couldn't they just install guns in the computers and smart phones?

Let's say every submission to a social media platform carries a one in six chance of getting shot in the face.
Old 08-02-2019, 09:31 AM   #16
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Hey, at least give normal people half a chance and link it up with an algorithm that recognizes certain topics and the frequency someone posts about it.

Sorry, no, political choices not included. But, for example, if someone is glorifying shootings and shooters and seems to often day dream about doing one of his/her own... yeah, bye. Forget the FBI, just let the Social Media Armed Algorithm take care of that.
Old 08-03-2019, 02:46 AM   #17
Coola Yagami
Emperor

Yeah, it would make a lot of sense that any weird alien stuff would be in some unheard of secret Area 52 or Area 53 that only exists in legends and rumors.

As for Trump, I kinda see it as, if Area 51 really did have alien stuff, it would be like Independence Day, where the secret is so well kept that not even the president knew about it.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 12:02 PM   #18
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

But now I've got this mental image of him pushing people to tell him.

Anyone pretty good at mimicking Trump-talk speech patterns? Because dialogue of him asking about the aliens and pushing someone to tell him that/if they're real, while whatever officials try to maintain a straight face while denying it... plus maybe a Trump speech to the public about aliens... would be rather funny. Would be amazing in animation.

Sadly, other than mentally hearing "the grays" in his voice, I can't sort out how he'd talk about it. lol
Old 08-04-2019, 03:56 AM   #19
Voltron
Ableist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Yeah, it would make a lot of sense that any weird alien stuff would be in some unheard of secret Area 52 or Area 53 that only exists in legends and rumors.
You mean the base next door? I bet that's exactly what they did.

General: "Let's move the aliens to Area 52! No one would ever think to look there! We can house them right next to the Magic Bullet and the Snyder Cut of Justice League!"
Old 08-10-2019, 04:53 AM   #20
Coola Yagami
Emperor

I've heard now that anyone actually caught trying to storm Area 51 will be gunned down. Lethal force, no rubber bullets. There was a discussion about it at work the other day.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote