The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 11-15-2018, 06:05 PM   #6441
tmntman
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther10 View Post
The Target set? How are they bootlegs?
There may be some confusion. With the auction now ended, the link you posted now redirects to a set of Figuarts Turtles which are labeled as knock offs.

Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 06:14 PM   #6442
Panther10
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntman View Post
There may be some confusion. With the auction now ended, the link you posted now redirects to a set of Figuarts Turtles which are labeled as knock offs.
That's so weird because I still see the original auction. There are banners for other advertised products that are still live up a the top of the page but you can see the original auction if you scroll down a little bit
Panther10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 07:30 PM   #6443
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther10 View Post
The Target set? How are they bootlegs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antrax View Post
Since the auction ended, your link redirected me to a Bootleg SHF set. I don't think the 1992 Collector's 4-Pack is a bootleg.
I see the Target set as "ended" but below that it says "We Found Something Similar" and it's Toon Turtles so um... I don't even know if I know what SHF is.
Old 11-15-2018, 08:43 PM   #6444
Powder
So tired of this place

Yeah, it took me to a Chinese set of SHF turtles, so I thought you had ordered those. No worries then!

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 09:31 PM   #6445
Panther10
Hench Mutant

That is so strange. Well...crisis averted. I can go back to feeling nostalgic for this tmnt set without feeling like I pulled a Bill Buckner
Panther10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 04:19 PM   #6446
bwwd
Hench Mutant

Does anyone bids on this? Copmin out of their shells full costume , split into multiple auctions.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Teenage-Mut....c100009.m1982

Id love to take a shot at this costume head and restore it to good shape and create silicone moulds of it
Old 01-17-2019, 01:59 AM   #6447
propguy
Random Punk

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TMNT-Latex-...01dc%7Ciid%3A1

Replica Foam filled latex secret of the ooze Leonardo head.
propguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 03:26 PM   #6448
bwwd
Hench Mutant

Thats very nice replica, probably the best ive seen, good sculptor.

Last edited by bwwd; 01-19-2019 at 03:37 PM.
bwwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 08:45 PM   #6449
Raang
Mouser

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_nkw...kies1313&rt=nc

Did any of you guys manage to get those production tapes?
Raang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 09:41 PM   #6450
Kenwatanabesclone
Banned

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F132954496824

Leonardo 7 inch 1990
Kenwatanabesclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 08:04 AM   #6451
propguy
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwwd View Post
Thats very nice replica, probably the best ive seen, good sculptor.
http://funkyimg.com/i/2Qnkp.gif
https://www.ebay.com/itm/TMNT-Latex-Turtle-Head-Prop-Mask-/223404065875?nav=SEARCH

Another one up, but will probably go fast.
I'm the one who sculpted that. I did pretty much what you did with the gif. But since it's foam latex ove a fiberglass underskull, and it's always in motion...it's difficult to nail down a specific look. There are a few promo shots and screencaps that match more closely, but I figured getting the eyes, beak and mouth muscle area correct would more or less work out for me. I also painfully got the same color blue spandex tracked down after a long search. Henson's creature shop bought a ton of white spandex and dyed it the 4 colors themselves.

If you want to see more(I have to make 2 at the moment, these are in demand for some reason😎

Go to auldeffects on Facebook...

Also Donatello up now
https://www.ebay.com/itm/TMNT-Donatello-Latex-Turtle-Head-Prop-Mask-/223415780733?nav=SEARCH

Last edited by propguy; 02-22-2019 at 06:21 PM.
Old 03-03-2019, 08:30 PM   #6452
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

So the big question is it real?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TMNT-Teenag...app-cvip-panel
tmntfannumerouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 09:58 PM   #6453
propguy
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntfannumerouno View Post
I don't remember if the turtle blister packs were the same as the playmates trek figures, but that little trapezoidal portion that the paper flyer is resting in like that would sometimes not be glued to the card completely. So it would be easy to slip a piece of paper up between the card and blister on the trek figures, maybe the same situation here.

Also, could be 100% legit.im not an expert on tmnt card backs. There may be a "tell" that the fan club figures had that were different than the normal circulation figs.

So in other words...I didn't contribute anything here lol.
Old 03-03-2019, 10:09 PM   #6454
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by propguy View Post
I don't remember if the turtle blister packs were the same as the playmates trek figures, but that little trapezoidal portion that the paper flyer is resting in like that would sometimes not be glued to the card completely. So it would be easy to slip a piece of paper up between the card and blister on the trek figures, maybe the same situation here.

Also, could be 100% legit.im not an expert on tmnt card backs. There may be a "tell" that the fan club figures had that were different than the normal circulation figs.

So in other words...I didn't contribute anything here lol.
Well if it is fake I feel sorry for whoever was duped.
Old 03-03-2019, 10:48 PM   #6455
rich
Mad Scientist

Quote:
The original figures that contained the Fan Club Form typically came on a card that had this wording on the back: "Be A Mutant Turtle! Join the Turtle Team Fan Club! See Details Inside!"

Spoiler:

rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 10:51 PM   #6456
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich View Post
The original figures that contained the Fan Club Form typically came on a card that had this wording on the back: "Be A Mutant Turtle! Join the Turtle Team Fan Club! See Details Inside!"

So it’s probably a fake.
Old 03-03-2019, 10:53 PM   #6457
rich
Mad Scientist

Quote:
So it’s probably a fake.
Hard to know for sure since there could be variations to this - although the text on the back of the card is a good general rule. I have a few figures where the back of the card has the wording but there's no Fan Club Flyer inside the pack. So, the reverse could have been true I suppose...but not as likely (in my opinion).

One thing that does make me suspicious is where the flyer is located - really low in the bottom center of the bubble. That's right where there's a small unsealed gap between the card and the bubble. So, anyone could insert a flyer into that area pretty easily. Typically, Fan Club Flyers are located behind the weapons. Of course, the flyer could have come dislodged and shifted down on its own...but I've not experienced this myself. The way the bubbles were manufactured would make the location of this Fan Club Flyer very hard to achieve on its own if the flyer were originally behind the weapons.

Spoiler:

Last edited by rich; 03-03-2019 at 11:22 PM.
rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 11:45 PM   #6458
propguy
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich View Post
Hard to know for sure since there could be variations to this - although the text on the back of the card is a good general rule. I have a few figures where the back of the card has the wording but there's no Fan Club Flyer inside the pack. So, the reverse could have been true I suppose...but not as likely (in my opinion).

One thing that does make me suspicious is where the flyer is located - really low in the bottom center of the bubble. That's right where there's a small unsealed gap between the card and the bubble. So, anyone could insert a flyer into that area pretty easily. Typically, Fan Club Flyers are located behind the weapons. Of course, the flyer could have come dislodged and shifted down on its own...but I've not experienced this myself. The way the bubbles were manufactured would make the location of this Fan Club Flyer very hard to achieve on its own if the flyer were originally behind the weapons.

You explained my concerns better than I did! I use to buy tons of star trek playmates figs. They had the same manufacturing process as the turtle figs blisters. I remember geordi laforges visor falling out the little unglued Gap at the bottom. This is what made me get red flags seeing the flyer slipped in the bottom like that.

Always could be a real fan club fig. But I don't it
Old 03-04-2019, 12:02 AM   #6459
Booger_eater!
Foot Soldier

I agree the placement is off which was why I did not bid. As for the reason why the back did not say “fan club details inside” was (in my opinion) due to the fact that there was never supposed to be a fan club flyer with splinter thus not needing to put that phrase on the card. I believe only the 4 turtles had that phrase on the back. I’ve seen another splinter with the flyer tucked behind the weapons also without that phrase. The FCF bebop I have also does not have that phrase and the flyer is tucked behind the weapons. If it was a fake shame shame shame. If it wasnt then its a great addiontion to someones collection. Just my 2 cents.
Booger_eater! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 12:24 AM   #6460
propguy
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booger_eater! View Post
I agree the placement is off which was why I did not bid. As for the reason why the back did not say “fan club details inside” was (in my opinion) due to the fact that there was never supposed to be a fan club flyer with splinter thus not needing to put that phrase on the card. I believe only the 4 turtles had that phrase on the back. I’ve seen another splinter with the flyer tucked behind the weapons also without that phrase. The FCF bebop I have also does not have that phrase and the flyer is tucked behind the weapons. If it was a fake shame shame shame. If it wasnt then its a great addiontion to someones collection. Just my 2 cents.
Yeah, hopefully whover gets it didn't bid wanting it to be real so bad. It's 50/50 whether it's legit or not.