Notices

Old 12-17-2018, 02:12 PM   #1
Shargor
Thug

TMNT: Casualty of War (FСBD 2019)

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES: CASUALTY OF WAR — FREE COMIC BOOK DAY 2019

Spoiler:

(W) Tom Waltz, Kevin Eastman (A) Dave Wachter (CA) Dave Wachter

The road to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’ 100th issue begins! New York City has just erupted into war as Splinter battles Karai for control of the Foot Clan with the Turtles caught in the middle! Find out how the Turtles got to this point as they battle some of their fiercest foes in this special FCBD offering!
Shargor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 02:24 PM   #2
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

It always seemed odd she stepped away to begin with. She likely sees Spinter's direction as against what the Foot stands for. Though why build her own clan only to take back The Foot?
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 02:29 PM   #3
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

awesome.... the bird turtles are back.......
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 02:42 PM   #4
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

"Casualty of War", huh?

Ya mean Slash?
Old 12-17-2018, 02:44 PM   #5
Igglet

Hoo boy.

Pretty much confirms that this is gonna be Karai vs. Splinter and I absolutely cannot wait to witness it. While it's a simple premise, the thing that excites me the most is seeing how Turtles will find themselves in this war. They obviously don't want any part of it, we know that much, so it'll be interesting to see how they'll deal with it.

The cover art's pretty great.

Also, when's free comic book day again? I thought that was in, like, June.
Old 12-17-2018, 02:53 PM   #6
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igglet View Post
Also, when's free comic book day again? I thought that was in, like, June.
May, I believe? City at War will already be underway by then and so it wouldn't make much sense from a continuity standpoint, but I was actually hoping for this to be called "Prelude to City at War" in order to fit in with previous FCBD issues. Oh, well.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 02:57 PM   #7
CyberCubed
Overlord

Raph has quite the beak on that cover.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 03:07 PM   #8
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Raph has quite the beak on that cover.
Better or worse than CGI nostrils?
Old 12-18-2018, 09:48 PM   #9
daggio
Foot Soldier

Even though this may just be a prelude, I'll be very curious to see if and how some of the prepherel groups/people in New York play into this....if at all.

Groups like Bishop and the EPF, the Mutanimals, Ch'rell and his crew (though that may be farfetched but can't necessarily omit him completely either), Leatherhead, the Pantheon (especially with the probably resurrection of the Shredder as the Dragon), the Null Group, and even Baxter on the heels of his announcement running for mayor.

I doubt all these groups/people will be involved, but I'm willing to bet a couple of them will.
daggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 04:20 AM   #10
Igglet

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggio View Post
Even though this may just be a prelude, I'll be very curious to see if and how some of the prepherel groups/people in New York play into this....if at all.

Groups like Bishop and the EPF, the Mutanimals, Ch'rell and his crew (though that may be farfetched but can't necessarily omit him completely either), Leatherhead, the Pantheon (especially with the probably resurrection of the Shredder as the Dragon), the Null Group, and even Baxter on the heels of his announcement running for mayor.

I doubt all these groups/people will be involved, but I'm willing to bet a couple of them will.
The EPF and the Mutanimals I'm 100% are getting involved. The Pantheon and Stockman I'm, like, 90% sure will play a part in some capacity. I doubt Ch'rell and Null will play a part here, I'd say they wouldn't fit in all that much and that they're being "saved" for the road to #150. And as for Leatherhead... honestly, I've no idea. He really is a wildcard.
Old 12-19-2018, 10:10 PM   #11
daggio
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igglet View Post
The EPF and the Mutanimals I'm 100% are getting involved. The Pantheon and Stockman I'm, like, 90% sure will play a part in some capacity. I doubt Ch'rell and Null will play a part here, I'd say they wouldn't fit in all that much and that they're being "saved" for the road to #150. And as for Leatherhead... honestly, I've no idea. He really is a wildcard.
I still believe (maybe wrongly) that Leatherhead is gonna be Bishop's next mind-controlled killing machine to replace Slash. Between what we saw at the end of issue #85 and Bishop's comment about going to Phase Two during the Raph Macro (which maybe has nothing to do with Leatherhead), I think it's a good possibility, and if so maybe that means he'll play a role in City at War. Or maybe not and he'll be saved for a big confrontation with Ch'rell
Old 12-19-2018, 11:14 PM   #12
CyberCubed
Overlord

I doubt we'll see any Ch'rell/Utrom involvement, their arc just ended. The Pantheon might just be scheming behind the scenes but not being directly involved. I doubt we'll see Null do anything for another few years.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 04:22 PM   #13
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Yeah, we probably won't see anything of him for a long time[/grumble]. Probably not until at least 101, unless we get a surprise.
Old 12-25-2018, 01:18 PM   #14
Coola Yagami
Overlord

This version of the Foot Clan war has gotten more intense and involved than in the Mirage version. I mean in Mirage they basically kill Shredder twice, then the events of City at War and they kinda move on with their lives. Here in IDW their overall Foot involvement had become a huge constant in their lives.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 01:41 PM   #15
daggio
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
This version of the Foot Clan war has gotten more intense and involved than in the Mirage version. I mean in Mirage they basically kill Shredder twice, then the events of City at War and they kinda move on with their lives. Here in IDW their overall Foot involvement had become a huge constant in their lives.
That's so true. In Mirage (and 4kids for that matter) the Foot was the enemy and needed to be wiped away. In Fred Wolf, the Foot was more of a nuisance than a threat. But here, the Foot is so intertwined with their lives that it doesn't seem to be as simple as us against them kind of situations. I'm very curious to see where this story goes. I hope Splinter doesn't get killed like so many are predicting (the last issue even predicted it).

Last edited by daggio; 12-25-2018 at 02:40 PM.
Old 12-25-2018, 01:48 PM   #16
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggio View Post
That's so true. In Mirage (and 4kids for that matter) the Foot was the enemy and needed to be wiped away. In Fred Wolf, the Foot was more of a nuisance than a threat. But here, the Foot is so intertwined with their lives that it doesn't seem to be as simple as us against them kind of situations. I'm very curious to see where this story goes. I hope Splinter doesn't get killed like so many are predicted (the last issue even predicted it).
Even if he doesn't die, Splinter won't retain control of the Foot forever. Either he steps down willingly, at which point things could go back to normal with his sons or he could die as a form of redemption for all his shady deeds since #50, or declares war on Karai, in which case even a victory would probably require him to pull some scorched earth tactics and/or act dishonorably and/or resort to outright murder of his opposition, and the Turtles would eventually have no choice but to put him down. (Bonus possibility: Splinter goes full Shredder, kills everyone including his sons, and then kills himself when he realizes what he's done.) Either way, it's not going to end well for the old rat.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 02:40 PM   #17
daggio
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Even if he doesn't die, Splinter won't retain control of the Foot forever. Either he steps down willingly, at which point things could go back to normal with his sons or he could die as a form of redemption for all his shady deeds since #50, or declares war on Karai, in which case even a victory would probably require him to pull some scorched earth tactics and/or act dishonorably and/or resort to outright murder of his opposition, and the Turtles would eventually have no choice but to put him down. (Bonus possibility: Splinter goes full Shredder, kills everyone including his sons, and then kills himself when he realizes what he's done.) Either way, it's not going to end well for the old rat.
Personally, I'm torn about what I would like to see happen (not that what I think is the make all/break all ). I hope he doesn't bite the dust, but at the same time I've kinda enjoyed the Turtles being on their own without Splinter being present. I guess it just makes them grow more as characters.