The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 10-11-2017, 01:42 PM   #1
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

What do you consider to be the most collectible line/time of TMNT?

TMNT has been popular among fans, collectors and the general public for many years. But I'm not sure how to measure what time period TMNT has been the most popular. Or what toy line.

When looking at collections I see a lot of the original line and a lot of the modern line. This includes not only toys and comics but all collectible merchandise and forms of entertainment related to TMNT. All the other eras just seem to be sprinkled throughout.

Thoughts?
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 02:03 PM   #2
Powder
So tired of this place

Of course the original line. There's just so much & very little of it is without charm.

We've had a great adult collector's run this last year or two, though.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 03:11 PM   #3
SilverNinja
Foot Soldier

Most definitely the original line. Having grown up with it, I vividly remember people clamoring for the figures. The figures were fun and well detailed, in addition to being constantly sought after. My Dad was a wizard in finding certain characters I wanted and I recall the Sewer Playset being one of the mega top toys during the holiday season of the year it was released. I was surprised with one and it continues to be one of my favorite Christmas toys ever.

I love the thrill of finding toys I really want and collecting TMNT these days still has its moments, but it's nothing like the '80s/'90s figures and collectibles. We didn't have easy access to finding things worldwide and everything about the original figures was so perfect. Not only the figures themselves, but their packaging and finding them in the most random places...like Knott's Berry Farm...which is where I got my Bebop and Master Splinter.

I can pinpoint when and where I got most of my original line toys and these days, it's either Target, Toys R Us, Walmart or somewhere online. The thrill isn't as great and it almost feels like cheating at times, but some of the collectibles more catered towards adults have been fantastic. As a kid, the '80s/'90s were the TMNT heyday.
SilverNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 03:11 PM   #4
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Of course the original line. There's just so much & very little of it is without charm.

We've had a great adult collector's run this last year or two, though.
Doesn't the modern era have just as much if not more available products? Yeah the original stuff is more charming to me as well. But in all fairness it's difficult to be objective when it comes to charm.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 03:52 PM   #5
stcardinal
Foot Soldier

Probably the original Mirage comics. The old TMNT toys are pretty easy to come by.
stcardinal is offline   Reply With Quote