The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 02-24-2017, 06:51 PM   #61
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

When CyberCubed gets legit old, he's going to wish that he hadn't spent so much of his youth complaining about being old.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 07:00 PM   #62
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
When CyberCubed gets legit old, he's going to wish that he hadn't spent so much of his youth complaining about being old.
Tbh, I've always wondered how he has so much spare time to play video games, watch tv shows, cartons and movies and reading comic books and ALSO posting a lot of messages per day in forums like these.

..and yeah he also spends said spare time wandering about getting older.

So CyberCubed do days have 36 hours where you live? Because I thought Americans had less free time compared to us Europeans due to less vacation days per year and such.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 08:26 PM   #63
CyberCubed
Overlord

Well a lot of people browse forums from their mobile phones you know. Most of my internet browsing or posting here is when I'm at the job or waiting for a subway train, etc.

I mean I also go on the computer for a while at home too, but the reason so many people are active online is either at their work computers or on their phone.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 09:25 PM   #64
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Need help changing that colostomy bag, old timer?
No but I might. Sadly I even remember when ET and RotJ were both still in theaters.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 09:41 PM   #65
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

2007 oooh boy
Was about to graduate High school, was loving my adventures with my track and field buddies on and off the track (Had 18 shots of liquor and almost died on my birthday, but got 3rd place in this invitational that same day )
Was awarded most improved on both Track and field and cross country.
I weighed 135!
It was the first time in high school I got on the Honor roll.
I got steady with my first long term serious girlfriend.
Prom! freaking prom was fun, or at least I enjoyed it more once we left. I had a lot of great memories from that year, made some great friends and I grew a lot as a person. Also was one of the delusional kids that thought the 2007 movie was decent. But the only thing good about it was the CGI and the Raph vs Leo scene.
Old 02-24-2017, 11:14 PM   #66
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
No but I might. Sadly I even remember when ET and RotJ were both still in theaters.
The earliest movies I remember seeing in theaters was probably Batman 1989 and then TMNT in 1990. And I only know because my father said he took me.

I was only like 4-5 years old back then. Hard to believe 4 year old me was taken to a, back then, violent Batman movie.
Old 02-25-2017, 02:56 AM   #67
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

My earliest theatrical memory is seeing "Aliens" in Southcenter Theater with my parents in Tukwila. The theater no longer stands (it's a Bahama Breeze). It was nighttime. There was a wraparound line around the building.

*looks at release date* I was 5. Scared the bejesus out of me. But I loved it, even then.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 10:26 AM   #68
Prowler
Emperor

First movie I saw at the cinema? Either the first live action Astérix movie or Toy Story 2.
Old 02-25-2017, 10:53 AM   #69
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Asterix? As in the Gaul? I didn't even know there was a live-action version. Is it good?

Old 02-25-2017, 11:03 AM   #70
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Asterix? As in the Gaul? I didn't even know there was a live-action version. Is it good?
There's 3 or so live action Astérix movies. The first one ever wasn't really that good. Astérix and Cleopatra was a better film. Then another one came out some years ago I think but didn't see it.

But yeah the comics are way better. But speaking of that, Astérix lost a ton of quality ever since Goscinny died and Uderzo began writing the scripts/texts. The last few Astérix books were just embarrassing holy hell.
Old 02-25-2017, 03:50 PM   #71
CyberCubed
Overlord

Well you know what they say, "Youth is wasted on the young."

"Time flies when you're having fun."

"Live in the present because it will never come again."

and

"A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush."

I now understand what all this means as a middle age man.
Old 02-25-2017, 04:20 PM   #72
Prowler
Emperor

31 is not middle aged, man. Even if there isn't a strict definition of what "middle aged" is, I'm pretty sure most people don't consider 31 to be so. The earliest I see people label as "middle aged" is 35-36. But I've always assumed it to be around 40-45.
Old 02-25-2017, 04:20 PM   #73
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Well, there's something to say about 2007 for me today.

This is the day I joined deviantART, and I still use my account occasionally. I even did a dedication piece to it. It's a pretty important day for me, since that's basically when I started diving head-long into internet life.

So, I guess 2007 was my start as "citizen".
Old 02-25-2017, 04:42 PM   #74
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Well you know what they say, "Youth is wasted on the young."

"Time flies when you're having fun."

"Live in the present because it will never come again."

and

"A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush."

I now understand what all this means as a middle age man.
I understood the meanings of these as a kid...
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 07:56 PM   #75
CyberCubed
Overlord

LOL, everyone my age is married with two to three kids already.
Old 02-25-2017, 08:09 PM   #76
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
http://cdn.someecards.com/someecards...82_6854086.png

This doesn't mean anything either. Some of my classmates have kids while others don't. Some had them in their early to mid 20s.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 08:19 PM   #77
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Cubed trust me on this, you are NOT middle-aged. At 40, I can now say that (assuming Iake it to 80) I have literally gone through HALF my lifespan. You still have a way to go yet. Be glad of the time you have and for heaven's sake, get outside and LIVE a little once in a while! Enjoy nature, do something new, visit a museum or art gallery, a poetry reading, or a play. Go to a botanical garden or the zoo- New York has some of the best cultural and history exhibits in the world! Read the Times or Washington Post(it still has Spidey comic strips), National Geographic, or Newsweek. Something different. Broaden your horizons while you are still young enough to appreciate different perspectives and experiences.

Old 02-25-2017, 08:50 PM   #78
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
http://cdn.someecards.com/someecards...82_6854086.png

Is the marriage and having kids age lower in the USA or something? Because rarely does someone here nowadays marry before 30. And only poor and uneducated people seem to have kids before 25 nowadays.

I am 26 years old and no one assumes you're married at that age here anymore. I remember saying a couple of months ago that I didn't plan on marrying ever and someone told me "it would be odd if a 26 year old thought about marriage yet..."
Old 02-25-2017, 09:38 PM   #79
CyberCubed
Overlord

I do like museums and exhibits, but I haven't gone to one in like...10 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Is the marriage and having kids age lower in the USA or something? Because rarely does someone here nowadays marry before 30. And only poor and uneducated people seem to have kids before 25 nowadays.

I am 26 years old and no one assumes you're married at that age here anymore. I remember saying a couple of months ago that I didn't plan on marrying ever and someone told me "it would be odd if a 26 year old thought about marriage yet..."
Yes, here in America you're expected to be married by the time you're 25. If you want kids, you're also expected to have children by your mid to late 20's.

By the time you're 30 you're expected to already be more or less settled down (assuming you don't divorce and stay with your spouse), and just raise your kids and go to your 9 to 5 job. By the time you're 40 your kids are teens and about ready to finish High School.

I know this because it's what happened with me and my parents. My parents were only 25 when I was born. They got married the same year. I was already 5 years old by the time they were 30.

How ironic, when my parents were at my age now, I was already 6 years old. At the age of 31 my parents already had full-time careers, were married and had a kid, not to mention a second child because my brother was born when I was 4.
Old 02-25-2017, 09:55 PM   #80
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
I do like museums and exhibits, but I haven't gone to one in like...10 years.
I like them as well but I wouldn't go to one alone. Did that before and it's just not the same thing. The point of going to a museum imo is to comment on the art pieces and the objects with others.

Quote:
Yes, here in America you're expected to be married by the time you're 25. If you want kids, you're also expected to have children by your mid to late 20's.

By the time you're 30 you're expected to already be more or less settled down (assuming you don't divorce and stay with your spouse), and just raise your kids and go to your 9 to 5 job. By the time you're 40 your kids are teens and about ready to finish High School.

I know this because it's what happened with me and my parents. My parents were only 25 when I was born. They got married the same year. I was already 5 years old by the time they were 30.

How ironic, when my parents were at my age now, I was already 6 years old. At the age of 31 my parents already had full-time careers, were married and had a kid, not to mention a second child because my brother was born when I was 4.
25, really? And does that apply to the whole country? I could understand in more rural and religious areas but in New York City which is where you live people honestly expect you to be married and have kids by the time you're 25?
I know several people around my age(24 to 26) who are in long term relationships and are even living together but still aren't married nor do they have kids. Tbh the economy hasn't been very good here in the last decade so middle class folk can't really support a child until they're in their mid 30s or so.