The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 04-30-2013, 04:14 PM   #81
oldmanwinters
Overlord

So... anybody actually pay money to download Double Dragon II: Wander of the Dragons ?

If I remember, this game was pretty much completed a year and a half ago and the publisher just sat on it for a while after the first trailer was released. I guess they figured if people liked Neon they might just pay for more DD throwbacks!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:39 AM   #82
Luke795
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
So... anybody actually pay money to download Double Dragon II: Wander of the Dragons ?

If I remember, this game was pretty much completed a year and a half ago and the publisher just sat on it for a while after the first trailer was released. I guess they figured if people liked Neon they might just pay for more DD throwbacks!
Was that game only released on the Xbox 360?
Luke795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:09 PM   #83
Peanut
Second Gear

This was waiting for me when I got in from work.
Spoiler:

Mint as sh*t. Tested it out to make sure it works, now I'm taking it apart to look for spiders.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:36 PM   #84
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Peanut, I admire your dedication for cleaning games thoroughly. Can you tell me what is the proper kind of screwdriver to use for opening the games?

Enjoy Demon's Crest too, that's one I've never had the pleasure of playing.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:42 PM   #85
Peanut
Second Gear

It's a 3.8mm security bit. I've never been able to find one anywhere, except online. They use the same screws in all the Nintendo cartridge games, so you only need the one for all of them. They're only about $7 or $8 shipped on eBay, but I've found it to be INCREDIBLY useful. Not just in making sure the inside is clean and the contacts are cleaned all the way into the cart, but even to repair damage. I found a great Adventure Island NES cart that had a crucified back on it, so I picked up a clean 50 cent sports game and swapped the backs. Also works if you get some of those weird yellowed SNES carts that only yellow on one side.

It's well worth getting if you want to fully maintain your collection. Also, if you get in a lot of high priced games from eBay it's worth it just to ensure you're getting legit stuff. I know I've read enough awful sh*t about people getting entirely fooled by bootlegs that I'm pretty wary now.

And thanks, I've already enjoyed quite a bit of Demon's Crest tonight. It's such an incredible game and it and the Gameboy and NES Gargoyle's Quest games are tragically overlooked.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:52 PM   #86
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post

If it were super cheap, like indie-budget-priced, I'd go for it just for S&G. But at $15 (or at least I think that's what it was, I could be wrong), I'd rather get DD Neon.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:16 AM   #87
Ecto Jedi
Denki Wo Kitte Kudasai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
This was waiting for me when I got in from work.
You must. Have payed. A fortune.
Ecto Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:41 AM   #88
Peanut
Second Gear

Actually payed far less than half the going price on it. It was an auction from Saskatoon that only shipped to Canada, which significantly increases the chance of getting a great deal, which I most certainly did.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:47 PM   #89
Ecto Jedi
Denki Wo Kitte Kudasai

Ahh. Kudos, then. I'm still waiting on reasonable prices for Battletoads & Double Dragon: The Ultimate Team and Turtles in Time.

I'm also flat-broke at the moment. That plays into it, too.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:41 AM   #90
Peanut
Second Gear

It's so infuriating to see items in your watch list jump in price again and again when there's still 2-5 days remaining in the auction. Why in the f*ck are these idiots getting into bidding wars already!? They're just making sure the price is 100x more expensive by the time it gets down to the end. So god damned annoying.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:23 PM   #91
Super Moderator

Sometimes this bubble works in people's favor. Earthbound is worth over $200 now! It's awesome, man. I'll never sell my copy, but it's pretty cool that one day it will be so rare that I'll get a great payday in the event of financial issues.

EDIT: I actually sold my copy of Suikoden II back in college due to financial troubles. I wish I didn't do it, man. That game is incredible.
愛 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:01 PM   #92
Ecto Jedi
Denki Wo Kitte Kudasai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
It's so infuriating to see items in your watch list jump in price again and again when there's still 2-5 days remaining in the auction. Why in the f*ck are these idiots getting into bidding wars already!? They're just making sure the price is 100x more expensive by the time it gets down to the end. So god damned annoying.
Most people are idiots.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:29 PM   #93
Peanut
Second Gear

Sadly a fair point.

Putting in some bids on some more Super Famicom games in the next few days and I'm pretty excited about some possible gets. The fiance is pushing me to get one of the Sailor Moon beat-em-ups, but I don't particularly want that in my collection. Really looking into the Wagan Land games and cheaper alternatives to some high-end SNES titles like Hagane.

I've been thinking about getting into N64 importing too, just because it's also a cheap alternative and another relatively simple mod procedure, but it doesn't seem like there's a whole lot of unique stuff that we didn't get here.

Currently mind-blown by how absolutely insane a playground the import PS1 scene is. There's so much insane and incredible looking stuff I've never heard of and currently it's where a lot of my $'s are going, to the detriment of my SNES/NES collecting.

Also, I've got an import Saturn coming, along with a copy of Sexy Parodius. I know the Saturn is another one of those import gem machines, but I don't know very much about the scene. Anyone have any recommendations or info on that front?

(Also, maybe change the name of this thread to Game Collecting/Collection Thread or something? I really like the idea of it becoming kind of all-encompassing.)

Edit: Holy sh*t, Ecto. I just looked up both BT&DD and TMNTIV and they've DOUBLED in price from the last time I checked them. What that f*ck is going on?

Last edited by Peanut; 05-09-2013 at 09:36 PM.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:38 PM   #94
Ninjinister
無問題

Alright, Wagan Land! Good luck on getting those ones! I played them a long time ago and have fond memories of them.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:41 PM   #95
Peanut
Second Gear

I played through the original Famicom game and some of the sequel, but haven't touched any of the "Super" games, so I'm excited to try them. If I win them at least.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:49 PM   #96
Peanut
Second Gear

YEEEEAAAAH GAME COLLECTING THREEEEAD!

Anyways, latest pick-up.
Spoiler:

All of the lights on the thing are burnt out, so I need to grab those and the controllers are pretty f*cked, but other than that the thing is mint. Has some Halo 2 art that came with it, but I prefer to have the original Xbox stuff showing. I'm thinking about swapping out the screen in there and hooking the thing up through RGB, but I haven't decided if I want to go through that hassle, since it looks just fine through S-Video. Also, the thing f*cking BOOMS. It has a full on sound/speaker system in the back and the bass is crazy good. I might just load the Xbox up with music and pump it from there, because the sound is incredible on it.

Think I'm done grabbing "big" show-piece items for my room for the most part, as I don't really have a ton of room left for stuff like that. Now it's just grabbing some stuff a little more important to me for display purposes and a couple pieces of artwork I'd really love to have, then it's all just games.

On that front I (FINALLY!) picked up a brand new copy of Incredible Crisis for PS1 and I've got more weird PS1 imports on their way. Think I'm gonna hold off now for a month or so unless I find some good deals.

Edit: Re-wired the entire top area to fit different bulbs and found the one I needed for inside the case. Lower bulb is hard to find, so I had to order one online. Thing looks beastly in the dark.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Peanut; 05-13-2013 at 08:25 PM.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:07 PM   #97
Brodie
Certified Teacher

So, with the terrible influence of Peanut, I ended up trying to track down some stuff I've been wanting for a bit--in hopes that I can get it before the price jumps.

I got a sealed copy of Tatsunoko Vs Capcom for $21 shipped. I could have gotten a copy for $15 or so...but without pictures of a case or condition...I just worried I wouldn't have the cool artwork to display.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:40 PM   #98
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Wow Peanut that is a sick pickup! Grats on that

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:40 PM   #99
Peanut
Second Gear

It's not hard for us to influence each other into spending stupid money on dumb things.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:41 PM   #100
snake
Disgusting

I finally got a Wii U, Mario U is pretty fun. A lot could be done with the Wii U, but the execution of it was terrible. There's like, what? 30 games?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
classics, nostalgia, peanut, video games