The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 06-11-2018, 05:32 PM   #21
CyberCubed
Overlord

DK DLC for Rabbids looks excellent and Starfox in the StarLink game. Funny how Ubisoft's conference hyped up Nintendo aspects.

I'm really surprised by no Splinter Cell, so many rumors were pointing toward it's return. Hard to believe Splinter Cell has been dead this entire generation. No new Rayman either.

Everything else Ubisoft has is the same open world formula done to death, and Skull & Bones looks exactly like Assassin's Creed.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 05:51 PM   #22
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Do you see hundreds of developers bringing their iconic IPs to VR and those games being extremely successful and being talked about like a new hotness?
Me neither.
1. There aren't hundreds of developers with iconic IPs, if you are going to set some sort of bar at least make it somewhat realistic

2. Here is a list of Triple AAA games on the VR
https://www.vrandfun.com/master-list...iber-vr-games/
Old 06-11-2018, 07:27 PM   #23
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Oh my God, Sony's thing is garbaaaaaaaaaaage. What are they thinking?!
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 07:55 PM   #24
sdp
-

I'll give them props for trying something new but it didn't work out. Maybe it's more interesting if you're actually there but we'll have to wait and hear from those who were there.

As far as games I got some interest in:

Sonic Team Racing: The team aspect is kinda neat, I wonder how it'll do.

Starlink: I didn't know about this game, could be interesting. Don't like the Star Fox crossover as it sticks out like a sore thumb next to the other characters. I'd love an open world SF game though.

Resident Evil 2: Unsure I would've preferred a straight up remake like REmake was to 1. Doesn't seem my cup of tea but it was only a short trailer.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 10:04 PM   #25
Sumac
Banned

Sony conference was mediocre. Nothing have impressed me aside from Spider-Man. Everything else, was either just a trailer without much of a substance or a pretty picture with simplistic gameplay and masturbation on violence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
1. There aren't hundreds of developers with iconic IPs, if you are going to set some sort of bar at least make it somewhat realistic

2. Here is a list of Triple AAA games on the VR
https://www.vrandfun.com/master-list...iber-vr-games/
The point is that very few recognizable properties were being brought in to VR. Which tells us, well, me, something, about how popular this technology in the eyes of developers.

Also, this list of "triple AAA" games doesn't look very "triple AAAish".
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 11:16 PM   #26
Turo602
The King of Kings

Sony was very underwhelming... Just like last year, you think they have more to show, but it abruptly ends with Spider-Man again. They spent too much time with boring demonstrations rather than gameplay trailers that could have gotten the same point across in less time. The only real surprise was Resident Evil 2 and I'm very torn on it. Though, after seeing the gameplay trailer (which wasn't shown at the conference for some reason...) I think I'm feeling a little better about it.

While it's not exactly the direction I wanted with this specific game, it looks leagues better than 7. I swear, this is what 7 should have looked like because this looks so much more ideal for a modern Resident Evil experience. Hopefully the series continues in this kind of direction going forward and forgets 7 ever happened. I still think REmake 2 should have been done more like the first REmake, but given where the series is right now, I'll take it. I just hope Capcom nails the survival horror this time as they've never really been any good with that in the over the shoulder games or even 7 for that matter.
Old 06-11-2018, 11:33 PM   #27
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Sony conference was mediocre. Nothing have impressed me aside from Spider-Man. Everything else, was either just a trailer without much of a substance or a pretty picture with simplistic gameplay and masturbation on violence.

The point is that very few recognizable properties were being brought in to VR. Which tells us, well, me, something, about how popular this technology in the eyes of developers.

Also, this list of "triple AAA" games doesn't look very "triple AAAish".
Okay the list had Fallout, Doom, Resident Evil,Wolfenstein, Payday 2, Skyrim, Star Trek and Marvel Heroes.
PApagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 12:02 AM   #28
Wildcat
Foot Elite

During the Disney XD broadcast they cut to commercial as soon as the two girls from Last of Us 2 started kissing....but later they showed the clip again during post discussion and interrupted at other points so it was just a coincidence.

I see it’s brought up on 4chan. I don’t use that site but I googled it to see if anyone else noticed.

I found it hilarious because I seriously thought at that moment they were caught off guard and tried to censor it. It even went into a random mix of other E3 news and standard commercials like it was spare of the moment

Edit: It’s on YouTube https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a2A0kFJTSEY and showing up in some other discussions. To be clear I do NOT think they were actually trying to censor it. I just find it funny. They showed it later with no interruption.

Last edited by Wildcat; 06-12-2018 at 12:40 AM.
Wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 01:48 AM   #29
Turo602
The King of Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I'm really surprised by no Splinter Cell, so many rumors were pointing toward it's return. Hard to believe Splinter Cell has been dead this entire generation. No new Rayman either.
I know. I'm so bummed out at the lack of Splinter Cell. It seemed like a sure thing after the Ghost Recon DLC, the Amazon and Walmart leaks, and Ubisoft even expressing interest in returning to the series, but nothing. Was really looking forward to seeing it this E3.

Was also really hyped for the potential Batman and Superman games from WB and Rocksteady that have been heavily rumored. Timing seemed perfect for both of them, but guess we're not gonna hear anything about them for a while longer.
Old 06-12-2018, 07:57 AM   #30
Sumac
Banned

This E3 is more memorable for me because of what WAS NOT shows - new Rocksteady game and new MK. Things that I care the most.

Quote:
Okay the list had Fallout, Doom, Resident Evil,Wolfenstein, Payday 2, Skyrim, Star Trek and Marvel Heroes.
Since when Star Trek and Marvel Heroes are triple AAA video game series?
Old 06-12-2018, 08:11 AM   #31
Powder
So tired of this place

Doom Eternal's teaser looked dooope.

2 hours out from Nintendo's little broadcast. Looking forward to it.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:38 AM   #32
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
This E3 is more memorable for me because of what WAS NOT shows - new Rocksteady game and new MK. Things that I care the most.

Since when Star Trek and Marvel Heroes are triple AAA video game series?
I ment theyre iconic properties, why are you focusing on semantics the point is if VR was a failure it wouldt have gotten support from publishers like Bethesda,Rockstar or Fromsoftware during its 4th year lifespan
PApagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:43 AM   #33
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

SMASH BROTHERS AAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhh!
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 11:04 AM   #34
sdp
-

Smash is an enhanced port basically but that's no problem for me, I expected that and the whole "complete smash" roster was something I wanted since the Wii U version was only like 4 fighters away from doing it anyway so at least there's that. I never got the DLC for Smash 4 so there's enough new characters for me here already. I'm almost sure we'll get other new fighters to keep the hype going to Nintendo, at least 2 more.

Not much else from Nintendo but that's also fine by me, they had been doing a lot of announcements and they said this E3 would only be for 2018 titles. No Star Fox Racing, no Animal Crossing, no Yoshi but I'm guessing those will happen earlyish next year.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 11:53 AM   #35
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
I ment theyre iconic properties, why are you focusing on semantics the point is if VR was a failure it wouldt have gotten support from publishers like Bethesda,Rockstar or Fromsoftware during its 4th year lifespan
Big developers making games for it doesn't really mean it's a hit either.
Old 06-13-2018, 01:32 PM   #36
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Your hardware is super outdated, bro.
GRRR! Just graphics card since cpu ram and motherboard are 2017 high end but that because in 2017 i ugpraded cpu ram motherboard and hdd and not graphics card.
Anyway ROCKSTEADY will annoucne Superman tomorow last day of E3

https://heroichollywood.com/rockstea...uperman-tease/

He willl be with some foot ninjas too!
Old 06-13-2018, 09:26 PM   #37
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Big developers making games for it doesn't really mean it's a hit either.
Yeah but it doesn't mean its a failure, like you do know there is a gradient between hit and failure right.
Old 06-14-2018, 03:23 AM   #38
Ninjinister
無問題

Is it just me or did this year seem amazingly... sparse?
Old 06-14-2018, 02:58 PM   #39
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Is it just me or did this year seem amazingly... sparse?
Only because everything is coming out in 2019.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 05:56 PM   #40
Sumac
Banned

My personal thoughts on this E3:
It was underwhelming. Couple of good projects have been announced, by mostly it was devoted to the demonstration of the projects announced before. Projects that I had personally expected were not announced.

In general, it seems that most of the time was given to the projects with pretty graphics, but largely samey gameplay and a special accent on the violence.