The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 12-05-2018, 04:21 PM   #901
Leo656
The Franchise

Or, said show-runner could have reached out to the Mods personally to insist something be done about you being a big meanie about their precious show.

Because apparently that's a thing they do!

I was always told, don't put your creative works out into the world if you can't handle criticism and negativity, but hey, what do I know.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 05:10 PM   #902
Vegita-San
Emperor

If that where the case, then they'd have to tempa ban more than one person.

it just seems like such a petty reason. 'mean to creators of new show'... ugh.

others have said far worse things than anything i could ever dream of and are still going strong. it'll be interesting to see if they cop to what it was that finally 'did me in'...

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 08:15 PM   #903
Leo656
The Franchise

I know exactly who to be mad at because they were ratted out to me.

It's still stupid, though. I don't go on any other message boards but I'm definitely hearing a lot of feedback all over the place about how ALL of them - Ghostbusters, He-Man/She-Ra, Star Wars, etc. - are adopting a strict, "Only say Good Things" policy. They can't make it "official" policy, but they ban people for dissent. Not for breaking rules, just for saying they don't like the current product.

That's the opposite of the point of forums. Again, if people can't handle criticism, keep your sh*t in a drawer, don't put it out there for people. If you've made it to the level of "professional" in any artistic endeavor, you should be able to handle people saying mean things about your work. If you can't handle it, and you actively go out of your way to silence people who don't like it, you're not a professional.

The nerds who run all the forums go along with it because they're so scared of "They might stop making new ______ toys!" that they automatically defer to the creators. Also, the creators will occasionally show up on those boards in person for a little bit of rub and tug from the starstruck fanboys, and the forums' staff and members would just HATE it if that stopped. SO, again, "Don't say mean things, you'll scare off (Name of "celebrity" who's actually in no way a celebrity or even anyone special at all)!"

It's stupid. But y'know, priorities and all that. Freedom of expression, that's MY main priority. But that's all going away.

Old 12-06-2018, 10:26 AM   #904
Vegita-San
Emperor

thats what it feels like is slowly happening. there is even a gosh darn 'protected' thread for the new show, for all the special souls that only want to see good and glowing opinions.

free speech is very important, especially on social media, where people will gang up on you if they don't like what you are saying. just the very fact that someone told me i did something 'wrong' in their viewpoint will make me double down on that stance, because it feels like i was on the right track.

Old 12-07-2018, 03:23 PM   #905
Vegita-San
Emperor

deer or chipmunk keep eating my GD christmas light wires. hope the bastards chew through the big cable and really get a shock.

Old 12-07-2018, 04:49 PM   #906
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Decided i'm going to shoot my first feature film around September. Daunting to say the least but I'm giving myself plenty of time to prepare.

Is there an appropriate spot here to create a thread that I can update with stuff (moreso as my own little interactive jounrnal than anything else)?
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 06:38 PM   #907
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Maybe in the art or fanworks sections. We don't really have a non-tmnt creative works section, unfortunately. If we did, I might post a few things from my own creative endeavors.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 12:07 PM   #908
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I don't use paper money all that much anymore, but when I have it I tend to try to get the bills entered on the old Where's George website. Have only gotten a handful of hits in several years, but once in a great while one will be re-entered.

Seems that the most recent one was just a couple weeks ago. Person in a neighboring state had it, mentioned where they'd gotten it in another shared neighbor state.

Looked it up and as I suspected from the name... gentleman's club. Noted in comments that was still crisp so I guess it hadn't gotten anywhere too unsavory. lol Since it was just a $1 and he'd clearly taken it home I'm assuming maybe it was just change from the bar, but it kinda makes you think a bit more about the reality of where the money you handle may have been... Glad I had it before, not after.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 12:54 PM   #909
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Lol I see a lot of it every day, some of them even have the "Where's George" stamp, and I always wonder where tbose have been. But the ones that concern me the most are those really dirty, battered ones, like, it make me wonder how they got that way, and for that matter, who treats money like that anyway?

Old 12-09-2018, 03:48 PM   #910
Leo656
The Franchise

Cocaine enthusiasts, mostly.

Old 12-10-2018, 10:40 AM   #911
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I may be slightly hungover
Old 12-10-2018, 04:26 PM   #912
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Lol I see a lot of it every day, some of them even have the "Where's George" stamp, and I always wonder where tbose have been. But the ones that concern me the most are those really dirty, battered ones, like, it make me wonder how they got that way, and for that matter, who treats money like that anyway?
Some late night on a dancers table, probaby....shudder....

another reason not to handle real money anymore.

ye old week ban ends tomorrow night. we'll see if i can find out the story on what finally broke the camels back with an iron fist.

My gut tells me one of the mods did it on their own and had a bad day when doing it......20 years, no problems...

Old 12-11-2018, 02:43 AM   #913
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I am just remembering how angry the third season of The Animals of Farthing Wood makes me and how it trashes the seriousness of the previous two seasons and wasting one of their better new characters. The feelings are rising like that scene of Jack Skellington out of the well

The feelings are back...
Old 12-11-2018, 12:18 PM   #914
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I love the Polar Express movie, and if they ever someday make a magical live action version that is going to be seriously awesome too.

That said... can we talk for a sec about Billy?

These kids live in a world where Santa, even if doubted and disbelieved as people grow older, legitimately exists.

And yet, poor Billy seems to have never gotten a Christmas up until that point in his life. Santa just doesn't come visit him for some unknown reason. Even at the North Pole when he meets him, Santa makes sure "It is Billy, right?"

So you would think that this poor kid had just fallen through the cracks somehow and been unintentionally missed and forgotten all those years.

BUT. The train does show up for Billy. As it does for other kids on the cusp of no longer believing. Therefor they DID know about him. So what the hell, Santa, that's kinda messed up.

At best, maybe that was the year they suddenly noticed he existed. But come on. They don't even admit the mistake or try to make it up to him.
Old 12-12-2018, 06:57 AM   #915
Vegita-San
Emperor

apparently using the term idiots resulted in my first ever tempa ban for one week, after 20 years of no problems.

I still think I caught someone on a bad day and they made a unilateral decision..as I see that word used elsewhere and no other posts got edited.

sigh. you have people second guessing what they post, you'll get less posters. I always am very careful with what I write, cause the internet is forever, and stand by what I say. have a problem, LMK and I'll be grudgingly edit it. iron first ruling doesn't help much these days :/.

Old 12-13-2018, 11:58 PM   #916
sdp
Megan Fox = April

#ifeelverystronglyaboutthis #imupset #1dietonight #bloodtears
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 01:16 AM   #917
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I love the Polar Express movie, and if they ever someday make a magical live action version that is going to be seriously awesome too.

That said... can we talk for a sec about Billy?

These kids live in a world where Santa, even if doubted and disbelieved as people grow older, legitimately exists.

And yet, poor Billy seems to have never gotten a Christmas up until that point in his life. Santa just doesn't come visit him for some unknown reason. Even at the North Pole when he meets him, Santa makes sure "It is Billy, right?"

So you would think that this poor kid had just fallen through the cracks somehow and been unintentionally missed and forgotten all those years.

BUT. The train does show up for Billy. As it does for other kids on the cusp of no longer believing. Therefor they DID know about him. So what the hell, Santa, that's kinda messed up.

At best, maybe that was the year they suddenly noticed he existed. But come on. They don't even admit the mistake or try to make it up to him.
This is actually kind of funny to me; my mom is the director of a preschool and has now seen the movie so many times she hates it .

But I should really re-read the Chris Van Alsberg book...his stuff is wild. Jumanji pun here
Old 12-15-2018, 11:15 AM   #918
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

lol Your poor mom.

A few more points lost in faith in humanity... Was looking at Sagittarius/centaur stuff on Etsy (gift ideas maybe) and I guess I spelled centaur wrong and was forced to discover that some people use Esty to sell adult pictures of themselves. Why, just why. I could have lived without knowing Etsy has a red light district. I won't even mention what came up first as one of their sponsored ads at the top of the list when I got centaur spelled correctly. Er... wow, I'll pass. Though for much bolder people with no shame it could be a decent adult gag gift. All this from just trying to get some innocent gift ideas. >.<

But omg I want the "cosplay" Taurus bull horns... (Some awesome ones for Cap and Aries too.)

Last edited by IndigoErth; 12-15-2018 at 11:21 AM.
Old 12-16-2018, 02:40 PM   #919
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

The ad was for Bad Dragon, wasn't it? They have some great (if slightly questionable) centaur-themed items! (And unicorn, werewolf, Alien, kraken, dinosaur, demon, etc... )

Old 12-16-2018, 03:08 PM   #920
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

*cough* Well, you're on the right track. lol Though it was just one of their seller paid placement at the top of the list, not something off site. I've seen some of that brand's stuff, out of morbid (what's a better word?) curiosity, and there's certainly a lot of creativity happening there. lol