The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 04-26-2017, 12:46 PM   #401
Powder
So tired of this place

If they cancel Usagi's wave, I will be sooo done.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 04:31 PM   #402
Huzzah
Mad Scientist

The announcement of the new cartoon so soon just seems a perfect reason to can any new figures that require much new tooling. I could very well be wrong and for those who are vested I hope I am.
Huzzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 07:46 AM   #403
tw2thr3
Foot Soldier

I have accepted the fact we won't get many of the prototypes shown (savanti,pet 3 pack) but if you're going to re-use old molds why not finish the dream beavers?? I can't believe we could've gotten so many other characters and we've gotten variants this entire series. After Usagi releases I am kind of glad this line will die. So much wasted potential. Could've gotten Mona Lisa or wyrm in the dimension X, Or at least a basic Triceraton (pictured on Walmart) to army build instead of just Mozar, similar to Robug and dregg. SMH I know it's the collector in me but as a consumer also it just doesn't sit well. Spent so much money even on the movie merch. OK rant over for time being.
tw2thr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 08:27 AM   #404
zaktheneutrino
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Entire lines have been canceled before, as Rukitron mentioned the BTTS Cyber Armor Turtles with Build-A-Figure Cyber Splinter, Cyber Shredder and Cyber Foot. And the first attempt to do a Mirage line just when NECA's Turtles was out and sold like hotcakes (mysteriously canceled when NECA Wave 2 was canceled). There was also a Music Turtles line using the 2007 designs, those got canned as well iirc (can't find any pics of them, but they where ugly as the Cyber Turtles)

Cyber Turtles.
'
Not very screen accurate figures considering they used the TMNT07 figure molds, but satill a shame the got canned. Would have been the very first TMNT BAF as far as I know.

Playmates first Mirage Attempt.
I do wish we would have gotten that Cyber Shredder! I remember being bummed when Playmates cancelled it. Hopefully this isn't the same outcome but I wouldn't be shocked to only get like Usagi but no Samurai turtles. Could there maybe be a contract that they have to fulfill due to Stan Saki allowing them to use Usagi again? Fingers crossed that the agreement states that the figure must be released lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw2thr3 View Post
I have accepted the fact we won't get many of the prototypes shown (savanti,pet 3 pack) but if you're going to re-use old molds why not finish the dream beavers?? I can't believe we could've gotten so many other characters and we've gotten variants this entire series. After Usagi releases I am kind of glad this line will die. So much wasted potential. Could've gotten Mona Lisa or wyrm in the dimension X, Or at least a basic Triceraton (pictured on Walmart) to army build instead of just Mozar, similar to Robug and dregg. SMH I know it's the collector in me but as a consumer also it just doesn't sit well. Spent so much money even on the movie merch. OK rant over for time being.
This.

Check out my TMNT website for news, reviews and more!
http://www.thewhitefootsoldier.com

Instagram: The White Foot Soldier
zaktheneutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 10:36 AM   #405
tw2thr3
Foot Soldier

Just want to add one more thing, then I'll quit beating this dead horse for a while. I would like to show my appreciation to Playmates for canning 6" Classics Shredder and Krangg, just for them to use all that new molding for wave 2 of oversized WWE gimmicks. THANK YOU PLAYMATES! just what I've always wanted: Fin Balor Leo! ( I'm not flaming this line specifically, just think they could've made better selections, and am using it as an example for price point/size comparison. IMO Wrestling fans would rather buy wrestling figures.) I mean I understand these are aimed at children, but who is essentially purchasing them? Folks in the age range to have actually enjoyed the 90s cartoon. Sorry just was going through old pictures and brought back some feels. End rant pt2

Side note: I def would have bought those Mirage figures had they released.

Last edited by tw2thr3; 04-27-2017 at 11:14 AM.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:42 AM   #406
Zachatello00
Ninja Comedian

man, that's an excellent point. As a non-wrestling fan (no offense to anyone, it's just not my bag) and as a huge TMNT fan, I'd much rather see a classics Shredder than Donatello cosplaying as the Undertaker.

But in all honesty, after handling the NECA Donatello (and I realize this isn't the thread for this) I think in general, Playmates Toys has no business making Turtles figures anymore.
Old 04-27-2017, 01:17 PM   #407
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

I like the ooze hand effect.

TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 07:16 PM   #408
tw2thr3
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachatello00 View Post
man, that's an excellent point. As a non-wrestling fan (no offense to anyone, it's just not my bag) and as a huge TMNT fan, I'd much rather see a classics Shredder than Donatello cosplaying as the Undertaker.

But in all honesty, after handling the NECA Donatello (and I realize this isn't the thread for this) I think in general, Playmates Toys has no business making Turtles figures anymore.
I don't mean to sound so bitter lol I am a bit but glad others think similarly. (I do enjoy the upcoming monster and samurai lines) I'm content with finally getting neca mirage shredder at NYCC, They are top tier right now. I passed on the 1/4 as of now but Raph is amazing and will be had eventually. Leo looks great too. A Shredder for those would be insane.I'm most looking forward to the SH Figuarts Shredder. They have done a great job so far with the license as well. Hopefully we see more down the line.

Last edited by tw2thr3; 04-27-2017 at 07:24 PM.
Old 04-27-2017, 08:33 PM   #409
snake
Disgusting

They wouldn't cancel Usagi, right?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 11:38 AM   #410
OrokuYoshiFilms
Stone Warrior

Quote:
A Shredder for those would be insane.
A movie Shredder as accurate and detailed as the NECA turtles??? I would exhaust all my resources for that. Just to think....damn. Must-buy.
OrokuYoshiFilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 01:23 PM   #411
Btown
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Just want to add one more thing, then I'll quit beating this dead horse for a while. I would like to show my appreciation to Playmates for canning 6" Classics Shredder and Krangg, just for them to use all that new molding for wave 2 of oversized WWE gimmicks. THANK YOU PLAYMATES! just what I've always wanted: Fin Balor Leo! ( I'm not flaming this line specifically, just think they could've made better selections, and am using it as an example for price point/size comparison. IMO Wrestling fans would rather buy wrestling figures.) I mean I understand these are aimed at children, but who is essentially purchasing them? Folks in the age range to have actually enjoyed the 90s cartoon. Sorry just was going through old pictures and brought back some feels. End rant pt2

Side note: I def would have bought those Mirage figures had they released.
I'm both a huge wrestling fan and TMNT fan so I actually loved that line but I'm just the same as I'd loved to have had a Classics Shredder more. Though I'm much happier with a Finn Balor Leo then the John Cena Leo
Old 05-08-2017, 11:32 AM   #412
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
If they cancel Usagi's wave, I will be sooo done.
The recent press release said he's getting 5 figures. I'm sure they're counting the half-shell heroes version(s?) but that still doesn't seem to add up.
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 12:34 PM   #413
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
The recent press release said he's getting 5 figures. I'm sure they're counting the half-shell heroes version(s?) but that still doesn't seem to add up.
Usagi also gets a XL figure release.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 01:41 PM   #414
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Not to mention the obligatory "wacky" variant.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 01:51 PM   #415
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
HSH
XL
(Kinda doubt those two make it to shelves)
Standard
Samurai armor w/horse
Samurai armor standalone?

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 09:14 PM   #416
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
HSH
XL
(Kinda doubt those two make it to shelves)
Standard
Samurai armor w/horse
Samurai armor standalone?
I also think HSH is dead. It's looking bleak in stores.
Just wish they'd finish the safari line.

I'm honestly surprised HSH never got ordered for a show.
Muppet Babies style.
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 10:00 PM   #417
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Usagi also gets a XL figure release.
XL figure? I imagine they're big? I don't remember seeing that but it's likely I brain-blocked them if they're nothing special.
Old 05-08-2017, 11:50 PM   #418
Raptor86
Stone Warrior

Quote:
XL figure? I imagine they're big? I don't remember seeing that but it's likely I brain-blocked them if they're nothing special.
Old 05-09-2017, 03:12 AM   #419
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
They aren't very impressive. It's basically Playmates attempt to get some of that Titan figures money.

The look really weird and stretched out, not as big as the big battle Shells but they are a bit taller. Looks like they just re-purposed the heads from the Battle Shells.

Usagi XL looks much better then the Turtles, so that's something I guess.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 03:01 PM   #420
Ninjinister
無問題

Oh, right! I forgot about that. I remember wondering if these style of figures really sold because they stagnate like crazy around here.

Tags
2017, playmates bashing