The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 05-30-2014, 08:33 PM   #81
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Here's video introducing the new character Sticks, a Female Jungle Badger

Old 05-30-2014, 09:34 PM   #82
Leolead
Stone Warrior

She sounds kinda weird.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:25 PM   #83
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

I approve. I approve so, so hard. A cute, silly female character that can kick lots of ass? Consider me a fan.

I'm actually growing more and more excited for Sonic Boom the more I hear about it. I really can't wait for this.
Old 06-10-2014, 05:18 PM   #84
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

New Trailer:

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 05:55 PM   #85
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

"And he'll feed me ham!! Eeeeevil ham!"
Old 06-10-2014, 07:54 PM   #86
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

Awesome, I really love the animation. Looking forward to the show more than the game
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:24 PM   #87
Darth Knuckles
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
Awesome, I really love the animation. Looking forward to the show more than the game
I'm in the same boat Donatello19. Besides Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS and maybe The Legend of Zelda trailer and the Sonic the Hedgehog movie, the Sonic Boom cartoon is the thing I'm most excited about from E3. I really loved the line from Knuckles: "I think you would make a great sidekick for me." I've always thought, if needed, Knuckles could be every bit the hero Sonic usually is. I just hope they don't make Knux a dumb character. I feel he will be, in some capacity that way, in the video games.

Last edited by Darth Knuckles; 06-13-2014 at 11:34 PM.
Darth Knuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:47 PM   #88
Blackeyedsonic
Hero of möbius and Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Knuckles View Post
I'm in the same boat Donatello19. Besides Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS and maybe The Legend of Zelda trailer, the Sonic Boom cartoon is the thing I'm most excited about from E3. I really loved the line from Knuckles: "I think you would make a great sidekick for me." I've always thought, if needed, Knuckles could be every bit the hero Sonic usually is. I just hope they don't make Knux a dumb character. I feel he will be, in some capacity that way, in the video games.
I'm sorry but that line is meant to show hes dumb in the cartoon
Blackeyedsonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:50 PM   #89
TMNT_Guy
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Knuckles View Post
I just hope they don't make Knux a dumb character.
Well...it's not looking too good.

Old 06-13-2014, 08:52 PM   #90
Darth Knuckles
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackeyedsonic View Post
I'm sorry but that line is meant to show hes dumb in the cartoon
I know Sonic feels that way from his response since he's the one looking for a sidekick, but Knuckles is just saying that Sonic would be a good sidekick for him showing that he's confident.

In the long run though, I fear you're right and Knuckles will be portrayed as a dumber character then most other characters in the series.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:20 PM   #91
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Knuckles' character has been shat on for ages now. He's never been dumb, just gullible, but they've really taken that too far and misinterpreted it.

I mean, at least in a new series, they have something of an excuse?
Old 06-13-2014, 09:52 PM   #92
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Going off of the trailer. Seems like Knuckles will be the Zapp Brannigan 'Idiot that thinks he's a huge deal' type.

Whatever. Better than the.....nothing he usually has.

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 04:06 PM   #93
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Yeeeah. Knuckles suffers pretty heavily in the game canon due to being included in everything even though logically, there is no reason for him to be there. He should be guarding the Master Emerald.
Old 06-14-2014, 09:12 PM   #94
TMNT_Guy
Stone Warrior

Roger's back with his thoughts on Sonic Boom so far.

Old 06-15-2014, 12:36 AM   #95
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

While I understand his feelings regarding hedgehogs, his comparisons to Yogi Bear and DuckTales were a little flawed and they bothered me. Sonic the Hedgehog is about lots of different animals, so adding more hedgehogs makes them unoriginal in concept. But I do think we're fine with the four we have. I was never one of the people that considered Silver a bad character, I like him a lot actually.

Also, I just wanted to state for the record I'm not interested in the game. I don't have a Wii U yet, so I can't get it even if I wanted it and I have better 3DS games to spend my money on than a gamble. But if they think this is the first time Sonic Team has failed to listen to the fans... AHAHAHA.

But yes, finally, someone appreciating Roger Craig Smith's Sonic. He really is a better Sonic than the others, he is an actual decent actor with recognisable experience and it's beginning to show now that he's getting more used to Sonic's role.

I really liked his thoughts on Colours and Lost World, though. Man I'd love to discuss those more at length.

One little thing this video showed me, though, that I wanted to point out! The Boom voice actors look like they're all in the room at the same time recording. GOOD. Hopefully the delivery will be more natural and the characters will be playing off each other more. That's how the actors recorded their dialogue in the 2k3 turtles cartoon and I feel the performance was greatly boosted due to it, as I've heard those same actors without that recording environment and there is definitely a difference. [Might just be a difference in direction, I admit, but there's no denying it's better to place all the actors in the same room recording with each other!]
Old 06-15-2014, 04:36 AM   #96
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Cindy Robinson has improved greatly as Amy Rose in this series. Although this could be due to the fact that this is a different take on the character. Still, I hope she'll be using this voice tone in the main series. I'm getting tired of fans comparing her voice to Minnie Mouse (they probably don't even remember how Minnie sounds like) even though I don't like the voice. Coleen's take on Tails sounds just like Kate's although I still miss Kate as Tails. I think it's now safe to say that this is the best voice cast in the series.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 07:19 AM   #97
TMNT_Guy
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
But if they think this is the first time Sonic Team has failed to listen to the fans... AHAHAHA.
The thing is, this game has nothing to do with Sonic Team. This is being developed by a western studio in order to appeal to a western audience, so you would think Big Red Button would address the most common complaints made by western consumers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
I think it's now safe to say that this is the best voice cast in the series.
I’d disagree with that, but to be fair on the new cast they haven’t been given much material to work with so far. I do agree that Roger has gotten better based on some of the clips, but I still feel there’s room for improvement. After all, it took roughly five years before people started accepting Jason’s voice.
Old 06-15-2014, 12:38 PM   #98
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT_Guy View Post
The thing is, this game has nothing to do with Sonic Team. This is being developed by a western studio in order to appeal to a western audience, so you would think Big Red Button would address the most common complaints made by western consumers.
They're probably not even aware of a lot of the common complaints, dude. I'd say this game is doomed. Not that I really care anyway :V

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT_Guy View Post
After all, it took roughly five years before people started accepting Jason’s voice.
I never accepted his voice BEcaUSE he COULDN'T keep THE same PITCH for MORE than ONE syllABLE
Old 07-17-2014, 12:44 AM   #99
Darth Knuckles
Stone Warrior

Well if anyone thinks they're going to like Sonic Boom and they happen to like Archie Comics, there will be another monthly comic series that will interest you now.

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2014/07/...itle-revealed/
I just love that SPAZ cover!

There's also going to be four variant covers for the first issue:
http://www.sonicstadium.org/2014/07/...es-sonic-boom/

There will also be three variant covers, Sonic the Hedgehog #266B/Sonic Universe #69B/Mega Man #42B, that feature a "Super Smash Var." cover to wink at the upcoming Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS games:
http://www.sonicstadium.org/2014/07/...om-1-revealed/
(towards the bottom of the page)

http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/d...SMASH+_1369250
Old 10-14-2014, 11:27 AM   #100
Wesley
Mad Scientist

The trailer looks okay. Kinda reminds me of Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, which I loved as a child.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
peanut