The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Toys and Collectibles

Notices

Old 05-29-2014, 12:47 AM   #61
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leolead View Post
Do you guys know when the guardians figures come out? on Amazon it says june, so i just need a confirmation.
June 1st is when mine ship from amazon. except that's a sunday so it won't ship till almost monday morning. i should have them by the 4th.

I have all 6 coming. Very excited! This is probably the FIRST ML wave where i literally wanted every single figure badly. It's a great wave.

i haven't seen any people able to get them early yet... but youtube reviews should start hitting very soon, maybe this weekend.

As i write this, amazon is sold out of all 6 figures. Hope you all pre-ordered
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 02:05 PM   #62
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
June 1st is when mine ship from amazon. except that's a sunday so it won't ship till almost monday morning. i should have them by the 4th.

I have all 6 coming. Very excited! This is probably the FIRST ML wave where i literally wanted every single figure badly. It's a great wave.

i haven't seen any people able to get them early yet... but youtube reviews should start hitting very soon, maybe this weekend.

As i write this, amazon is sold out of all 6 figures. Hope you all pre-ordered
I'm not to worried about finding Star Lord, Gamora, Drax, or Iron Man, but it's always the ones I want the most that are hard to find. Hopefully I score a Nova or Rocket at retail.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 03:58 PM   #63
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
I'm not to worried about finding Star Lord, Gamora, Drax, or Iron Man, but it's always the ones I want the most that are hard to find. Hopefully I score a Nova or Rocket at retail.
Yup those two are definitely the 'chase' figs for this wave.

I also think Star Lord is going to sell really well. It's a really great looking figure with a very strong assortment of accessories and parts (two heads, yesss!) However since he is two per case supply will catch up with demand pretty fast, after the first couple shipments hit stores.

The other figures probably won't fly off shelves quite as fast... usually the female figures are hard to find, but I don't think Gamora will be quite as popular as Black Widow or Black Cat.

Good luck finding them... anyone looking for these at retail should probably start checking stores this Saturday... that's the day before June 1st and a day when a lot of stores get toy shipments.
Old 05-29-2014, 05:13 PM   #64
Leolead
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Yup those two are definitely the 'chase' figs for this wave.

I also think Star Lord is going to sell really well. It's a really great looking figure with a very strong assortment of accessories and parts (two heads, yesss!) However since he is two per case supply will catch up with demand pretty fast, after the first couple shipments hit stores.

The other figures probably won't fly off shelves quite as fast... usually the female figures are hard to find, but I don't think Gamora will be quite as popular as Black Widow or Black Cat.

Good luck finding them... anyone looking for these at retail should probably start checking stores this Saturday... that's the day before June 1st and a day when a lot of stores get toy shipments.
I Couldn't find black widow, i searched target, toys r us, ,walmart, but i couldn't find her, i hope i don't have the same problem with Gamora CAN'T WAIT TO GET STARLORD AND DRAX!!
Old 05-30-2014, 06:08 PM   #65
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Quote:
I Couldn't find black widow, i searched target, toys r us, ,walmart, but i couldn't find her, i hope i don't have the same problem with Gamora CAN'T WAIT TO GET STARLORD AND DRAX!!
I think you'll have better luck finding these.

Rocket and Nova will be the hardest to find, at least in the first several shipments to stores. doesn't mean you won't find them... you just need good timing.

sometimes you just get lucky. here is how I found black widow:

I called a store that takes me about 45 mins to reach... not very close at all. They told me they had 8 figures on the shelf. But the day before... they had none. So I knew there was a fair chance a widow could be there.

So I rushed my ass to the store because THEY WOULD NOT HOLD THE FIGURES (arghhh), they told me they don't hold 'collector' stuff. Such BS. Anyway...

I got there, saw widow at the FRONT of the pegs front and center. immediately grabbed it! I also grabbed Winter Soldier as that was the first time I had seen him as well.

So, after I went into the isle next to it and looked at the LEGO. Then I heard someone come into the Marvel Legends isle, look at the figures, and go "awwww!" -- I was literally about two minutes ahead of this guy who was probably looking for Widow just like me. Talk about close...

So never give up hope, you could be the guy to "get there first" someday

ANYWAY... I just hope Hasbro as well as retailers realize how much people love these last few waves of Marvel Legends... they are doing a fantastic job and I want them to keep at it.

Spider-Man 2, Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy... all 3 are definitely among the very best Marvel figure waves Hasbro have done.
Old 05-31-2014, 07:03 AM   #66
Leolead
Stone Warrior

Thanks!, so i guess Rocket and Nova will be the hardest lol, We'll as Pixel dan always Say's, Happy hunting and until next time., LOOL had to do it, so early reviews of the guardian figures should be coming in soon.

Can't find a review of the new star lord figure i mean it's june 1st?

Last edited by Leolead; 06-01-2014 at 02:39 PM.
Leolead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:34 AM   #67
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

I got my Guardians of the Galaxy set in the mail yesterday, extrememely happy right now!

I also noticed some video reviews are starting to roll out. Here is one of the full set.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AePvekuVDE

I can't believe people are bitching so much about Rocket... it's a really good figure for its size... what do they expect? Rocket is a small character there is only so much they can do. I don't think his articulation is really that bad at all. It is more limited than the larger figures, I agree.

Also as I am writing this Rocket is back in stock on amazon. Nova is still sold out though.
Old 06-03-2014, 02:47 AM   #68
Leolead
Stone Warrior

I seen the review.... and i agree with you, rocket is a very small character, i understand why he has the articulation he has, Imo he has an amazing sculpt!, i'm going to pick up, Star lord, Rocket, Drax, and Gamora this month, then next month i'm going to pick up Ironman and Nova to complete my groot, so can't wait.
Old 06-05-2014, 06:57 PM   #69
Vundi
Hench Mutant

Quote:
We'll as Pixel dan always Say's, Happy hunting and until next time.
I hate Pixel Dan.

I have a good line on figures possibly coming to my local Target tomorrow morning. I'll be getting there nice and early.
Vundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 07:13 PM   #70
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

yeah, pixel dan's reviewing style is really boring and sanitary. once you've seen some really good toy reviewers (like JANGbricks for LEGO stuff or Vangelus for TF stuff), it's hard to look back. Unfortunately some of the dullest toy reviewers tend to be the ones that get stuff earliest. Why? Probably cause their reviews are very "safe" so companies like Playmates feel they are a good choice to send free review samples to cause they know the reviews will be relatively positive regardless of the item.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:31 PM   #71
snake
Disgusting

I found a Widow at k-mart! She's happily sitting on my shelf now.
Old 06-06-2014, 12:58 AM   #72
Vundi
Hench Mutant

Quote:
yeah, pixel dan's reviewing style is really boring and sanitary. once you've seen some really good toy reviewers (like JANGbricks for LEGO stuff or Vangelus for TF stuff), it's hard to look back. Unfortunately some of the dullest toy reviewers tend to be the ones that get stuff earliest. Why? Probably cause their reviews are very "safe" so companies like Playmates feel they are a good choice to send free review samples to cause they know the reviews will be relatively positive regardless of the item.
All that is true. He's just stale and boring. But my biggest problem with him was when he was looking at a Hot Toys figure and told his viewers something like "if you're to complain about the price of Hot Toys you shouldn't be in the hobby of collecting toys." What an asshole thing to say! He's a toy snob and he has a very high opinion of himself.
Vundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 01:41 AM   #73
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

If you want a reviewer that's a bit... Rougher there's Shartimus Prime.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 01:22 PM   #74
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
If you want a reviewer that's a bit... Rougher there's Shartimus Prime.
He's an alright guy, when he does say something funny, it's pretty funny.
Old 06-06-2014, 01:23 PM   #75
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I love his enthusiasm for the ankle pivot.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 02:37 PM   #76
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
I found a Widow at k-mart! She's happily sitting on my shelf now.
Congrats!! I went to TRU yesterday and there was actually a line outside waiting for them to open. Once it opened, one guy ran back to the action figures. When I got there, there was a bunch of ML Cap figs, but I saw no black widow. Not sure if he grabbed it or not.

Grats on getting her!

Wondering when GotG will start showing up in stores? Can't believe I already have the full set... I haven't had this much luck in a ML wave in a long time. Usually I'm hunting around for weeks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vundi View Post
All that is true. He's just stale and boring. But my biggest problem with him was when he was looking at a Hot Toys figure and told his viewers something like "if you're to complain about the price of Hot Toys you shouldn't be in the hobby of collecting toys." What an asshole thing to say! He's a toy snob and he has a very high opinion of himself.
LOL. Well, all I have to add is... I watch tons of reviews, and even if a toy reviewer I don't really like gets to review something first, I will definitely watch the review. You have to bring your own assumptions to the table and parse what the reviewer is saying, especially if you already know the reviewer has some of their own biases.

Most reviews are helpful in some way and can help determine a purchasing decision for me, as long as the reviewer is actually TRYING. Like, I need to see different angles, poses, stuff like that. Some reviewers are so TERRIBLE they literally sit the figure in front of the camera and talk about it without really moving it much at all. Those are the reviews I can't stand.
Old 06-07-2014, 11:53 AM   #77
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
I love his enthusiasm for the ankle pivot.
It's one of the most important joints on an action figure, essential for both dynamic posing and just standing there on the shelf. That's why I was so pissed off that the Classics Bebop & Rocksteady lacked any kind of ankle artic.

Anyone else manage to snag the ultra-cheap X-Men Legends on TRU's website yesterday? They went up at $14.99, with buy one, get one half price, but were taken down shortly afterwards. I managed to get a set with an extra Storm, even with shipping to the UK & customs fees it's going to work out at just under £13 per figure, much better than the £16-22 we normally pay here.

Just got to hope my order's not cancelled now...
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 11:54 AM   #78
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

if they don't cancel it will be a small miracle.
Old 06-07-2014, 01:39 PM   #79
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.

Quote:
if they don't cancel it will be a small miracle.
I know. Myself and a few other collectors I know have had order confirmation emails, others haven't received these - just have to wait and see. I have a case on order at my LCS anyway, so it's no biggie if I miss out.
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 01:44 PM   #80
snake
Disgusting

I was at TRU yesterday, no X-Men wave....