The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2017, 10:53 AM   #1
Tetsu Deinonychus
The Iron Dinosaur

What's the worst TMNT you can imagine?

We have a lot of threads about people's "ideal" version of TMNT that they would create if they were in charge. But, what about the opposite?

If for some reason you just wanted to tank TMNT with the worst version ever (TV show, comic, or movie), what would it be like?

I'll have to give it some thought myself, but I'd love to see what everyone comes up with.

Two ground rules...

1. It still has to have most of the "fundamentals" in place and be recognizable as TMNT in some form.

2. Don't just point to an already existing version of TMNT that you don't like and say "that". Be creative, and remember you're trying to top (or bottom or whatever) that version for "worst TMNT ever!"
Old 03-18-2017, 11:24 AM   #2
Jephael
That whack job behind you

I dunno if it's still out there, but once upon a time there was a short series of YouTube videos where each of the Turtles went their separate ways and kinda became their worst selves. Mikey wound up in some halfway house kind of establishment with a bunch of drug addicts; Leonardo tried to live a normal human life and got some office job where people would pick on him behind his back for looking so strange. I believe he was even married to April in this version (there were a lot of Leo/April shippers back then). Donatello meanwhile became a nerd blogger who would go on about his favorite anime (sound familiar, Cubed?) Finally Raphael was pretty much a loner who still went around looking for trouble. Eventually they all came together after the tragic death of Master Splinter, and they get into a big fight over how they lost their way after splitting up. Then in comes their mortal enemy Oroku Saki who is now a woman. So yea, that for me pretty much sums up what the worst version of TMNT could be like.

Looking back I'm willing to bet the guy who wrote and created that mini-series was like mortified by how horrible it came out and took the videos down, hence why they can't be seen again. Even the costumes were horrible, it was just a bunch of guys wearing green face paint and color coded bandannas, or in Leonardo's case a really terrible human disguise. I do remember the "Lady Shredder" actress being pretty hot though. As far as I could tell she was 100% female in real life simply playing a transgendered Saki.

www.jephael.com

Last edited by Jephael; 03-18-2017 at 11:35 AM.
Old 03-18-2017, 12:00 PM   #3
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

It's already happened. The Next Mutation/Music Tour brand of "make everyone Michelangelo and jokes of what pacifism is". The death rattles of Turtlemania in the 90's.
Old 03-18-2017, 12:26 PM   #4
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

The worst version of tmnt would be a combination of PD Michealangalo, Christmas special Leonardo, Coming out of their shells tour Raphael and TMNT 3 Donatello, with their Splinter being a hybrid of all 4 versions.
Old 03-18-2017, 01:52 PM   #5
snake
Disgusting

PD is the worst. Atleast the christmas special and COOTS incarnations have entertainment value.
Old 03-18-2017, 01:56 PM   #6
Powder
So tired of this place

Platinum Dunes already made it.

& no I'm not trying to be funny.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Old 03-18-2017, 02:06 PM   #7
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post

It really is the worst; more obnoxious than the Fred Wolf show with butt-ugly turtles
Old 03-18-2017, 02:20 PM   #8
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
It really is the worst; more obnoxious than the Fred Wolf show with butt-ugly turtles
The Fred Wolf show was about tongue in cheek and sarcastic humor, it's nothing like the new movies.
Old 03-18-2017, 03:22 PM   #9
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist

Quote:

The leaked script was worse. So much worse.

Probably the worst possible tmnt would somehow enforce the lessons "life is always great no matter what", "revenge is totally radical", and "adopted people aren't real family, only blood matters!"

Final Boss of translation group Opentrain.
We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff.
http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/
Old 03-18-2017, 05:47 PM   #10
CyberCubed
Overlord

Just be thankful we dodged alien Turtles and a Shredder who was a white man. Jesus Christ.

The fact that Eric Sachs was originally intended to be Shredder makes my blood boil even more than Turtle nostrils. And that's saying a lot.
Old 03-18-2017, 06:50 PM   #11
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
It's already happened. The Next Mutation/Music Tour brand of "make everyone Michelangelo and jokes of what pacifism is". The death rattles of Turtlemania in the 90's.
Ha yeah... I have a soft spot for the Christmas one, and normally watch it each December, but Turtle Tunes was BAD.

I remember watching it with a friend when I was like 5. We gave it a chance for like 10 minutes, but once they started singing about not talking to strangers we started describing all the violent ways they should be dispatching that pedophile foot ninja.

Quote:

Hh.

TMNT went corporate a long time ago, but it still always maintained a degree of heart. Until Bayturtles.

Pretty sad to see Pete and Kevin's creation made into a soulless movie with zero respect paid to what it's all about.
Old 03-18-2017, 06:54 PM   #12
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Platinum Dunes Bayturtles, as other wise souls have previously observed.

There's the good and the bad elsewhere, but nothing as damned soulless as Bayturtles.
Old 03-18-2017, 07:19 PM   #13
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Platinum Dunes Bayturtles, as other wise souls have previously observed.

There's the good and the bad elsewhere, but nothing as damned soulless as Bayturtles.
There is worse.Meld all the aspects that failed with Next Mutation with Image and it would cripple the franchise more than four plus years.
Old 03-18-2017, 07:22 PM   #14
ToTheNines
[sic]

Image was great.
Old 03-18-2017, 07:34 PM   #15
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
with Image and it would cripple the franchise more than four plus years.
Image sold so little that most people didn't even know it existed. It didn't cripple anything, we just wouldn't have gotten any TMNT comics at that time until PL revived it with Volume 4.

Volume 2 had already ended.
Old 03-18-2017, 08:42 PM   #16
Vegita-San
Emperor

Dune Bay Turtles was pretty bad.

Next Mutation was hampered by a few things, but at least with a proper budget, or a netflix methidology it could have been salvageable somehow if they got rid of venus and made it more like the movies.

the current nick series is pretty bad as well IMHO. a mish mash of ideas and nostalgia throw backs and just plain weirdness that never really lands anywhere.
but i guess it's not the worse thing we could have gotten.

Bay Turtles still holds that honor.
Old 03-18-2017, 10:57 PM   #17
Wildcat
Foot Elite

People just picking Bay Turtles for the sake of it. We all know it could be way worse.

To tank a cartoon I imagine something like Uncle Grandpa or even TTG! Just all around stupidity with no legitimate reason for existing. No story, no development just nonsense.

To tank a movie I imagine B-movie special effects. Little to no story. Nothing that can be taken seriously. I'm thinking something like Trolls 2 (not so bad it's good either).

I know someone is gonna say I just described Bay Turtles...oh ha ha
Old 03-18-2017, 10:57 PM   #18
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
the current nick series is pretty bad as well IMHO. a mish mash of ideas and nostalgia throw backs and just plain weirdness that never really lands anywhere..
Keep trollin' Vegita-San, keep trollin'
Old 03-19-2017, 04:12 AM   #19
Ninjinister
無問題

Old 03-19-2017, 04:38 AM   #20
neatoman
Emperor

Terrible writing, bad direction and general incompetence is a given when it comes "the worst TMNT I can imagine". That would be the basis, anything else would just be something grinding against my personal preference.

With that out of the way, let's make a little list of what has been grinding against my personal preference before:
  • April as a newsreporter
  • Baxter Stockman as a fly
  • Any version of Bebop and Rocksteady aside from the IDW version and maybe the Nick version.
  • "The Kraang" instead of the Utroms
  • Hulk Turtles
  • People turning into animals because of animals ancestors
  • The Turtles running around in broad daylight through a crowded city
  • Pretending you can write an entire season about going to the future when it shouldn't take up more than five episodes at most
  • Adding another turtle to the team

So based on older material, the worst possible version I can imagine features big hulking turtles including Venus, who don't try to hide from society and mutated from humans because they had turtles as ancestors. The main villains would be the Kraang, a fly version of Stockman and Bebop/Rocksteady acting like the FW version and all of the latter three would have animals ancestors. The characters would spend way more time than needed in an exotic setting and April would report at the end of it.
Hahahaha!
Closed Thread

Tags
worst tmnt