The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2017, 03:50 PM   #1
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 6,979
How Is It Best to Utilize The Punk Frogs?

The Punk Frogs as a collective unit of four appeared only twice and had four other episodes which two appeared, mainly Genghis and Napoleon. They also got a shout out in the anime two parter. They have always been my favorite allies because of their concept as a Turtle Team B. At least that is what they appeared to be to me. I always wanted to see a scenario where they had to step in the TMNT's place without resorting to fan fiction. I admit some of their concept like Bebop and Rocksteady is outdated as they had reference in name to the late 70s and 80s Punk movement that has long since ended. I didn't care much for the mutant frog colony that Nick presented in the single episode. The reason is there were so many of them. If there were four of them,equal in number to the Turtles it would fit their concept better. I have nothing against the way Napoleon was portrayed in The Croaking,but would rather see more of an equal screen time for Genghis, Rasputin, and Attila. How could the other fab four work in the future?
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!

Check out the best DC Comics site on the net:
http://new.dcuwiki.net/forums/index.php
Now featuring Ethan Van Sciver!

MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 03:56 PM   #2
neatoman
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 4,438
Being mutants, it might mess up the flavor but I'm sure there's a BBQ sauce good enough...

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 03:56 PM   #3
Prowler
Foot Elite
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 4,755
The problem with the Punk Frogs is that, unlike the Turtles, they didn't have distinguishing personalities. They all acted the same. They were just a bunch of na´ve mutants with stereotypical southern accents. Also, the Turtles had been training with Splinter for years whilst it took Shredder only what, a week to train the Punk Frogs? Felt a bit forced.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So I've watched some of April O'Neil's "videos." They were OK, the lesbian massage ones were the best ones. I skimmed through some of the others, but eh.

I've seen better.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 04:07 PM   #4
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 6,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
The problem with the Punk Frogs is that, unlike the Turtles, they didn't have distinguishing personalities. They all acted the same. They were just a bunch of na´ve mutants with stereotypical southern accents. Also, the Turtles had been training with Splinter for years whilst it took Shredder only what, a week to train the Punk Frogs? Felt a bit forced.
One thing I thought of was giving each Turtle an analog with a Frog. Napoleon could be similar in personality to Michelangelo while Genghis could be similar to Leonardo. Attila could be Raphael's analog while it would be a stretch at the moment but can be adapted to work, Rasputin be the Donatello analog. It could be a template to start from and expand upon. We already see those traits in incarnations already that would make Napoleon the Michelangelo of the group as well as Genghis the Leonardo of the Frogs.

I do agree that the training within days expecting them to match the years of the Turtles training is too much of a stretch to let slip in the 'hey,we have to make it work for the sake of the episode's plot' concept.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!

Check out the best DC Comics site on the net:
http://new.dcuwiki.net/forums/index.php
Now featuring Ethan Van Sciver!

MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 04:14 PM   #5
neatoman
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 4,438
Or maybe deep fried...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 04:18 PM   #6
Prowler
Foot Elite
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 4,755
Frog legs are eaten in some parts of my country, but cant' say I've ever tried them. I wonder if they're any good...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So I've watched some of April O'Neil's "videos." They were OK, the lesbian massage ones were the best ones. I skimmed through some of the others, but eh.

I've seen better.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 04:18 PM   #7
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 6,979
Come on Neatoman, I am looking for some serious contributions to this subject.

What of my idea of the Punk Frogs each reflecting a different Turtle? It would give the Turtles more individual stronger friends within the group the way that Casey Jones is with Raphael or Mondo Gecko is with Michelangelo.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!

Check out the best DC Comics site on the net:
http://new.dcuwiki.net/forums/index.php
Now featuring Ethan Van Sciver!

MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 04:19 PM   #8
Prowler
Foot Elite
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 4,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Come on Neatoman, I am looking for some serious contributions to this subject.

What of my idea of the Punk Frogs each reflecting a different Turtle? It would give the Turtles more individual stronger friends within the group the way that Casey Jones is with Raphael or Mondo Gecko is with Michelangelo.
But then you'd have just another Turtle team... except they'd be frogs.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So I've watched some of April O'Neil's "videos." They were OK, the lesbian massage ones were the best ones. I skimmed through some of the others, but eh.

I've seen better.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 04:19 PM   #9
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 32,180
People eat Frogs? Maybe in third world countries like they eat monkey brains.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 04:20 PM   #10
Prowler
Foot Elite
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 4,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
People eat Frogs? Maybe in third world countries like they eat monkey brains.
Yeas, they'e eaten in several European countries such as Portugal, France and Slovenia. We also eat snails here as do the French and the Greeks. Are you grossed out yet, dude?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So I've watched some of April O'Neil's "videos." They were OK, the lesbian massage ones were the best ones. I skimmed through some of the others, but eh.

I've seen better.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 04:21 PM   #11
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 32,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Yeas, they'e eaten in several European countries such as Portugal, France and Slovenia. We also eat snails here as do the French and the Greeks. Are you grossed out yet, dude?
That's some disgusting stuff, I don't know why people would want to eat filthy animals or bugs.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 04:24 PM   #12
Prowler
Foot Elite
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 4,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
That's some disgusting stuff, I don't know why people would want to eat filthy animals or bugs.
Frogs are filthy?

Snails aren't really filthy. They go through some sort of period where they let their possible bacteria die. It's not like people pick them up and eat them.

I wouldn't eat spiders or roaches, personally, but I think no oen in Europe eats that.

I wouldn't eat a dog or a cat either but if the Chinese and Koreans want to eat them then good for them. Can't be too different from eating a cow or a pig... and did you know Jews and Arabs don't eat pork and many Indians don't eat cows? They probably think you're a barbarian too!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So I've watched some of April O'Neil's "videos." They were OK, the lesbian massage ones were the best ones. I skimmed through some of the others, but eh.

I've seen better.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 04:27 PM   #13
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 32,180
Eating filthy animals like that makes me sick to my stomach. Like why would anyone say, "I want to eat frog's legs?"

Maybe it's because I live in America but anything outside the usual of chicken, beef, fish, pig, etc...just sounds sick to me.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 04:30 PM   #14
Prowler
Foot Elite
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 4,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Eating filthy animals like that makes me sick to my stomach. Like why would anyone say, "I want to eat frog's legs?"

Maybe it's because I live in America but anything outside the usual of chicken, beef, fish, pig, etc...just sounds sick to me.
Frogs aren't really filthy tho. It's not like people are eating the poisonous kinds.

Horse meat used to be eaten here some decades ago. That sounds interesting.

In Norway I had whale. Tasted like cheap tuna which is odd since whales aren't fish. I also tried reindeer and moose meat.

How do you feel about duck and rabbit meat? Rabbit is fairly popular in my country. Well it's not something most people eat everyday but at times they will eat it. I don't like it much, though. Too many bones. As for duck it's nice but not very filling and it's quite expensive.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So I've watched some of April O'Neil's "videos." They were OK, the lesbian massage ones were the best ones. I skimmed through some of the others, but eh.

I've seen better.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 04:43 PM   #15
neatoman
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 4,438
I've eaten kangaroo from an Australian food truck, oddly enough I thought it tasted like crayfish. Swedish style crayfish, not American style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Frogs aren't really filthy tho. It's not like people are eating the poisonous kinds.

Horse meat used to be eaten here some decades ago. That sounds interesting.

In Norway I had whale. Tasted like cheap tuna which is odd since whales aren't fish. I also tried reindeer and moose meat.

How do you feel about duck and rabbit meat? Rabbit is fairly popular in my country. Well it's not something most people eat everyday but at times they will eat it. I don't like it much, though. Too many bones. As for duck it's nice but not very filling and it's quite expensive.
Duck is good, horse is like really good cow and I love reindeer and moose. I also ate Zebra from that food truck, tastes pretty much the same as horse. Haven't tried rabbit or whale though.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 04:48 PM   #16
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 32,180
I can't believe you guys enjoy eating filthy exotic animals. We're not savages anymore that live in the wilds like cavemen, there's no reason modern humans should eat this stuff.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 04:49 PM   #17
Prowler
Foot Elite
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 4,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
I've eaten kangaroo from an Australian food truck, oddly enough I thought it tasted like crayfish. Swedish style crayfish, not American style.



Duck is good, horse is like really good cow and I love reindeer and moose. I also ate Zebra from that food truck, tastes pretty much the same as horse. Haven't tried rabbit or whale though.
There used to be an Australian restaurant back in the 90s here which opened during the world fair(Lisbon got it in 199. never ate there but the menu had crocodile and kangaroo meat iirc.

As for duck, I always ate Beijing Duck whenever I'd go to a Chinese restaurant.

Whale? Well other than Norway and Japan where else is it legal to sell that meat?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So I've watched some of April O'Neil's "videos." They were OK, the lesbian massage ones were the best ones. I skimmed through some of the others, but eh.

I've seen better.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 04:56 PM   #18
neatoman
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 4,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I can't believe you guys enjoy eating filthy exotic animals. We're not savages anymore that live in the wilds like cavemen, there's no reason modern humans should eat this stuff.
Cow, pig, fish and chicken can get rather boring, haven't you at least had shrimp or clam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
There used to be an Australian restaurant back in the 90s here which opened during the world fair(Lisbon got it in 199. never ate there but the menu had crocodile and kangaroo meat iirc.

As for duck, I always ate Beijing Duck whenever I'd go to a Chinese restaurant.

Whale? Well other than Norway and Japan where else is it legal to sell that meat?
Whale meat? I think it's legal in Iceland, they have shark too. Haven't really eaten that but I hear it's similar to surstr÷mming, which I have eaten many times.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 04:56 PM   #19
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 6,979
Can you all please stay on topic? Yes, some people only eat a certain number of meat while others are region specific with a country or specific to a country or two. Now about how to improve upon The Punk Frogs...
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!

Check out the best DC Comics site on the net:
http://new.dcuwiki.net/forums/index.php
Now featuring Ethan Van Sciver!

MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 04:58 PM   #20
Prowler
Foot Elite
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 4,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I can't believe you guys enjoy eating filthy exotic animals. We're not savages anymore that live in the wilds like cavemen, there's no reason modern humans should eat this stuff.
Zebra, moose and whale are "filthy"? Since when?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Cow, pig, fish and chicken can get rather boring, haven't you at least had shrimp or clam?



Whale meat? I think it's legal in Iceland, they have shark too. Haven't really eaten that but I hear it's similar to surstr÷mming, which I have eaten many times.
I'm not really adventurous with food and was a very picky eater when I was a kid. I usually stick to familiar stuff. Ofc when I went to other countries I tried some local stuff but that's it. I only have whale, moose and snails like once in my whole life.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So I've watched some of April O'Neil's "videos." They were OK, the lesbian massage ones were the best ones. I skimmed through some of the others, but eh.

I've seen better.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
punk frogs

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.