The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Should there be a female Turtles movie?
Of course! 11 13.10%
Yes 3 3.57%
No 28 33.33%
That's the worst thing ever 42 50.00%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-03-2017, 01:42 PM   #101
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Her character design is one of the reasons why I stopped reading Image Comics back when they were running monthly.
What about Radical's design? In a black and white comic, it looks like she's basically running around, flying around completely naked.

Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 01:49 PM   #102
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
What about Radical's design? In a black and white comic, it looks like she's basically running around, flying around completely naked.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/4/3181/2...bb5bee95_b.jpg
I'm sure she's completely naked under that full-coverage body suit.

So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 02:15 PM   #103
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
I'm sure she's completely naked under that full-coverage body suit.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...nd_Radical.jpg
Well underneath our clothes aren't we all naked?
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 02:16 PM   #104
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Well underneath our clothes aren't we all naked?
....sometimes.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 02:21 PM   #105
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Why? Why not leave Karai as his superior, as always intended?
You'll have to forgive not being familiar with her as a superior...

Seriously? I do like that idea more. Though, sad to say, given marketing, I can see why it hasn't been a thing in the TMNT stuff I'm more familiar with...
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 03:28 PM   #106
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

... I would totally pimp one of those female Shredder cosplays... That might need to be my next cosplay now...

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 12:00 AM   #107
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I was about to say, THAT'S OROKU PIMIKO!!!! WOOHOO!!!! Andrew, Powder, and I are not the only fans of the one true daughter of Oroku Saki!

Seriously, are there only like 3 people who care about Pimiko? And want Karai to lose the "Oroku" surname and go back to being an independent badass?
Hey, you guys aren’t the only ones.
I’ve always liked Pimiko and wanted to see her appear in another version. I liked the relationship that was starting between her and Raph, and I would love to see another version of her actually get to interact with her father (there’d definitely be some interesting conflict there).
(Also, am I the only one who actually sorta likes her costume? Yeah, it’s pretty ridiculous and over-the-top, but this was the 90’s after all)

As for Karai, she was definitely a much more interesting character in Mirage than Shredder ever was. And she absolutely rocked in City At War.
It’s a shame that every version since then has made her into Shredder’s underling, when it’s quite the opposite.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 03:16 AM   #108
Sumac
Banned

Not sure, if I am keen on this idea.
How about creating some new characters instead changing the old ones?
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 04:30 AM   #109
newfan
Mad Scientist

I've read up a little on the original and various versions so far but I didn't realise karai was a superior and also older than Shredder, course if that's how people got to know her I can see why they'd like that still, I don't think I would like Karai too old. I've read about her being a high ranking foot member, Shredders adoptive daughter and I think even adopted granddaughter (I guess he was very old in whatever version that was)

I didn't realise Shredder had a real daughter, did they decide just to mix the 2 characters so came up with a younger Karai who was not a true daughter?

So, Shredder was killed early in Mirage, was he? When did he first make a come back as the main villain?

Last edited by newfan; 11-04-2017 at 05:10 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 04:47 AM   #110
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Shredder was killled off in the very first issue.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 05:04 AM   #111
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Shredder was killled off in the very first issue.
He must have made a good impression in that case
Old 01-02-2018, 11:54 AM   #112
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
I've read up a little on the original and various versions so far but I didn't realise karai was a superior and also older than Shredder, course if that's how people got to know her I can see why they'd like that still, I don't think I would like Karai too old. I've read about her being a high ranking foot member, Shredders adoptive daughter and I think even adopted granddaughter (I guess he was very old in whatever version that was)

I didn't realise Shredder had a real daughter, did they decide just to mix the 2 characters so came up with a younger Karai who was not a true daughter?

So, Shredder was killed early in Mirage, was he? When did he first make a come back as the main villain?
Mirage doesn't have a "main villain."
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 12:01 PM   #113
sdp
-

Quote:
Mirage doesn't have a "main villain."
Peter Laird.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 12:07 PM   #114
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

The actual Shredder never appeared after issue 1, only his clones in the famous Return to New York volumes. It was the Original Cartoon that made him a regular.

The closest thing I'd consider to a main villain in Mirage tmnt is Savanti Romero but even he doesn't fully qualify for that role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Peter Laird.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 01-02-2018 at 12:13 PM.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 12:16 PM   #115
CyberCubed
Overlord

All the Mirage characters were one-shots or short lived, or immediately became allies:

1. Shredder dies in the first issue. His clones come for 2 arcs and then die.

2. Baxter was originally just a one-shot character in issue 2 with the Mousers. Then Volume 2 brought him back as a cyborg and then that was pretty much the end of him besides a cameo in Volume 4.

3. Rat King is killed off in his first issue, he then becomes a spiritual ghost in a few follow up issues.

4. Karai is only a villain for like half an issue where she fights Leonardo, she quickly forms a truce with the Turtles and never bothers them again.

5. Leatherhead again immediately befriended the Turtles in his first issue. He appears a lot more times but always as a hero besides when his temper makes him attack the Turtles.

6. The Utroms were always good, there was no Krang, they immediately befriend the Turtles and then return to their home planet. There is a small evil sect of Utroms in the second Tales but only for a few issues.

7. The Triceratons have their arc in Turtles in Space, we see them briefly in Volume 2 and Tales, but then in Volume 4 they're pretty much allies.

The closest Mirage had to a recurring villain was Savanti Romero. He constantly showed up with evil schemes over and over again and Renet had to ally with the Turtles to stop him.

Besides that all the other bad guys in Mirage are just generic gangsters, random aliens, some monsters, or robots. Just one-shot characters defeated in a single issue.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 12:21 PM   #116
sdp
-

The OT, in fact the OT cemented almost everything (most of us)we like about the turtles.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 12:22 PM   #117
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
The OT, in fact the OT cemented almost everything (most of us)we like about the turtles.
Sorry was that in response to my question? I deleted it sorry.

Edit: But Cubed re-posted below
Old 01-02-2018, 12:23 PM   #118
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
So when did Shredder first become a main villain? The OT or another comic series? I could google dates of when other comics started but it's easier to ask seen as I'm here.
Well he debuted in the very first TMNT issue so he was basically viewed as the main villain even if he died off. The Foot Clan then clone Shredder to bring him back to life, and the Shredder clone (and we see the reject clones, that's where the 4-armed Shredder, the small one, and the one with lobster claws that both the Nick and 4kids series used) come from as well.

The original cartoon is what established Shredder as a main villain, then of course based Krang off the designs of the Utroms and went from there.

Keep in mind this all happened close together. The first Mirage TMNT comic came out in 1984, the original cartoon started in 1987 only three years later. Since Shredder was tied to Hamato Yoshi and Splinter's backstory, as well as the leader of the Foot Clan, it made sense to use him as the main villain for the cartoons.
Old 01-02-2018, 12:31 PM   #119
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Depends on whether you see it as canon or not, but the shogun from tmnt Odyssey could be a main villain since "he was there all along".

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 12:32 PM   #120
CyberCubed
Overlord

Shredder and the Foot debut in issue 1 of Mirage:

It's pretty funny how closely Fred Wolf Shredder's design is to the Mirage comic one, only difference is they gave him a cape and made him wear grey rather than red.

The helmet and gauntlets are identical.